• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Online Matchmaking Thread (Wii)

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Hey everyone! First post here. Been trying all day to get my Project M set up to play online. Hoping that I'm really close.

If someone would be willing to try with me, my FC is: 4172-1184-4658

I added some of you guys to my list in hopes of catching you online sometime, but right now it says everyone is offline. I'm still unsure if I am doing everything correctly so if anyone could offer a little bit of help that'd be awesome. I just patched my PM 3.02 for WiFi, loaded it up and went into online play. I gave me my FC and I went into a matchmaking round but found no one. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Hey everyone! First post here. Been trying all day to get my Project M set up to play online. Hoping that I'm really close.

If someone would be willing to try with me, my FC is: 4172-1184-4658

I added some of you guys to my list in hopes of catching you online sometime, but right now it says everyone is offline. I'm still unsure if I am doing everything correctly so if anyone could offer a little bit of help that'd be awesome. I just patched my PM 3.02 for WiFi, loaded it up and went into online play. I gave me my FC and I went into a matchmaking round but found no one. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon!
No one is online because they have to add you too lol. Also for NTSC basic brawl doesn't work. I'll test it out for ya. Gimme one sec.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Okay thank you! I have you added from the Brawl code in your profile. I assume it's the same for your Project M? And when you mean basic brawl doesn't work, you mean the matchmaking and the basic 2-minute KO fest? I kind of wondered, since competitively no one would seem to really want to play that mode. But I'm not sure exactly what to do. Should I wait in a "Fight!" room that I've built or will you create one that I should look out for?

I apologize if these are stupid questions.

Last edited:

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Hey whoever is playing me, thanks. I'm still super new and I'm kind of lagging sometimes too so thanks for putting up with me. :) It helps!

edit: The lag may be too much, though, it seems there's a slight delay to my running and I'm not sure how to reduce it. :(

edit2: Hey, again thanks whoever did those rounds you were probably laughing hysterically the entire time. But sometimes I am lagging way too hard and I don't think I can even play accurately or learn correctly like that, unfortunately. I'm really disappointed! Are you experiencing the lag when I lag as well?

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Hey whoever is playing me, thanks. I'm still super new and I'm kind of lagging sometimes too so thanks for putting up with me. :) It helps!

edit: The lag may be too much, though, it seems there's a slight delay to my running and I'm not sure how to reduce it. :(
No problem! All you need is some experience, and read up on the PM Sonic Boards, and you'll do great as a Sonic player :sonic:

@ Thamauturge Thamauturge you ready?

Last edited:

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Hey, is lag just a result of my internet connection and no real way to improve it unfortunately? I really want to play with people like you to learn, since I've only been able to play CPUs, and I feel like with the input lag I can't really get anywhere. Or do you think I can still learn some things through the lag? I just don't know, but I really want to play. :(

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Hey, is lag just a result of my internet connection and no real way to improve it unfortunately? I really want to play with people like you to learn, since I've only been able to play CPUs, and I feel like with the input lag I can't really get anywhere. Or do you think I can still learn some things through the lag? I just don't know, but I really want to play. :(
The lag is because of the Wii's raw inability to handle online play. It could be because of connection/the distance from your router to Wii/Other online devices using up Wifi besides your Wii.

Optimal results to maximize wifi and minimize lag
Wired connection (if wireless, get one of the wireless routers made for gaming, like the Asus Rt N66U or one of its variants)
Router up somewhere high (in an attic, since the radio waves go downwards somewhat)
Good internet provider

And make sure your TV doesn't have input lag. I have a CRT so I don't worry lol. HDTV users, beware.

You can still learn MU stuff no matter what lag. I bodied you solely because you lack experience vs. human players. CPUs are predictable and bad. Only use CPUs for practicing tech. And maybe for comboing. CPUs are useless for the mental side of Smash. Concerning lag, our matches were actually decent, but I've been playing Wifi forever, I know what bad lag is.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Aw, the Wii doesn't have an ethernet port? I just checked because I was going to plug it in. :( I'm willing to try some more matches anytime to see if it improves or at least to try to learn something!

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Aw, the Wii doesn't have an ethernet port? I just checked because I was going to plug it in. :( I'm willing to try some more matches anytime to see if it improves or at least to try to learn something!
Your best shot of learning something is checking out the Sonic boards like I said. I don't main Sonic, or know how the character works, so I can't say much.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I have been reading the Sonic boards like crazy actually, trying to learn everything I can about Sonic. But I really need to play actual human players, too. I don't want to get into bad habits from fighting only CPUs. I am waiting in a room for any challengers. Going to try to see if this USB-Ethernet that I have will work but it probably won't.

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
I have been reading the Sonic boards like crazy actually, trying to learn everything I can about Sonic. But I really need to play actual human players, too. I don't want to get into bad habits from fighting only CPUs. I am waiting in a room for any challengers. Going to try to see if this USB-Ethernet that I have will work but it probably won't.
You need to add people first before you host anything. And they have to add you too.

Last edited:

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
I understand! I have you added as well as @ Thamauturge Thamauturge and some others on the recent pages, and am refreshing this page frequently in case someone wants me to add them. My code again is: 4172-1184-4658

And thanks again, BANE, for the fights and help. I'm hoping a couple things I tried will reduce my lag so it doesn't go down to 4-5 fps again.

edit: Trying some stuff to get a better connection, so I'm not currently in PM but if I see you post here I'll get on! :)

Last edited:

Thamauturge

Smash Apprentice
I'm so sorry guys. I got back to my house and it looks like someone broke in and stole a lot of our valuables ... Luckily they didn't take my Wii and I still have a little TV I can hook up to use whenever my family and I are finished talking to the police.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
That's insane, Thamauturge! Glad no one was hurt. And thank god the Wii is safe! Haha. :p I'd be honored to spar with you whenever you can. I have you added to my list. 4172-1184-4658 is mine.

edit: I'm not on at the moment but it will only take me a moment to get on when you can.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hmm, it's a mixture of Down-Special and Side Special. You just have to know jump cancelling and how to apply shield pressure properly. Your Fox was good, but I can't recall you ever trying to shine me. I can't remember, but if you master shining, he'll be next to perfect.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Thamauturque, I'm gonna do a round or two more and then head off for the night probably! Thanks for fighting me!

If you can't tell, I'm a total noob at this game. lol

I was wondering, how much lag are you experiencing when we fight? You pull off amazing tech. I was playing someone earlier and they said they just had adapted to the lag. I'm curious, is it the same for you?

Some of our matches I've experienced very little lag. Other's a lot. But I am on a wireless DSL connection. Probably not optimal.

Going to have better internet soon, and I'll invest in a wired adapter.

Anyway, thanks again for the games! It felt like I was playing one of the top players in the world. All of your mains are beautiful! Any tips you have to offer me?

If you see me on join me any time. :)

Later!

Thamauturge

Smash Apprentice
Thamauturque, I'm gonna do a round or two more and then head off for the night probably! Thanks for fighting me!

If you can't tell, I'm a total noob at this game. lol

I was wondering, how much lag are you experiencing when we fight? You pull off amazing tech. I was playing someone earlier and they said they just had adapted to the lag. I'm curious, is it the same for you?

Some of our matches I've experienced very little lag. Other's a lot. But I am on a wireless DSL connection. Probably not optimal.

Going to have better internet soon, and I'll invest in a wired adapter.

Anyway, thanks again for the games! It felt like I was playing one of the top players in the world. All of your mains are beautiful! Any tips you have to offer me?

If you see me on join me any time. :)

Later!
Thank you for playing me! It was a great way to close out a really bad day.

For the lag, I honestly don't have a problem with it right now. Earlier in the year at my college, lag was terrible. At my home though, it doesn't seem as bad. So I'm used to it being much worse, that's probably why I'm okay with my tech skill.

I enjoyed our matches, as for tips I just noticed you seemed to roll towards me a lot, making it easy to punish with a charged smash or DDDs cannon. Just try to mix up your rolling. Practice, and you'll be great in no time .

Have a great rest of the week!

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Hey, to anyone who wants to join, Path and I may be starting doubles whenever we can get enough people. This means we need two more.

Any takers?

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
yo on my end im getting like 1 sec button lag its kinda annoying so im gonna go but thx 4 da games it was fun
Okay, sorry to hear that, man. Peace.

I guess we'll take turns playing FFA in the meantime until we can get another person, then. Anyone wanna join in on doubles? Need one more person.

Top Bottom