• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Launcher App Idea

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I noted that a lot of people are having problems launching Project M, i being one of them, since i started using the Homebrew version, so i had to use another way to launch it, to this day.

I know P M uses Gecko OS, and i know that the process of playing the game couldn't be more simpler, but it would be great if they develop a special Project M App, to launch specifically Project M, and even it could have a Project M channel installer (yeah there's also a channel for P M on costumized content, but it takes a tedious process to install) to play it right from the Wii's Main Menu, or also even install the channel on hackless consoles, installing the channel would be optional.

This PMBR developed App would help the people having problems launching it, saving a lot of time to start playing, but also getting rid of other options people are still asking like Riivo, and don't forget this would give a even more genuine image to Project M to stand apart from other mods.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
I second this, It'd be great to be able to make it a seperate channel, (even if it's just a reskinned Gecko OS) If only it had an install option like riivo...

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
I noted that a lot of people are having problems launching Project M, i being one of them, since i started using the Homebrew version, so i had to use another way to launch it, to this day.

I know P M uses Gecko OS, and i know that the process of playing the game couldn't be more simpler, but it would be great if they develop a special Project M App, to launch specifically Project M, and even it could have a Project M channel installer (yeah there's also a channel for P M on costumized content, but it takes a tedious process to install) to play it right from the Wii's Main Menu, or also even install the channel on hackless consoles, installing the channel would be optional.

This PMBR developed App would help the people having problems launching it, saving a lot of time to start playing, but also getting rid of other options people are still asking like Riivo, and don't forget this would give a even more genuine image to Project M to stand apart from other mods.

I honestly think your asking for too much

For starters they are really encouraging people to use the hackless version to avoid problems with Nintendo. I don't think it would be in their best interest to make the homebrew version even more accessible. It's already like one of the simplest processes and the channel is not tedious to install it's just like you install every channel on homebrew. I think for anyone if they don't have this understanding on how to do this they should very simply just play the hackless version

On the topic of installing a channel on hackless Wii's it would be cool but, not an easy feat. This mod already does stand out from other mods. I'm not trying to be harsh but, they just literally already made it so easy & you want more from them?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I honestly think your asking for too much

For starters they are really encouraging people to use the hackless version to avoid problems with Nintendo. I don't think it would be in their best interest to make the homebrew version even more accessible. It's already like one of the simplest processes and the channel is not tedious to install it's just like you install every channel on homebrew. I think for anyone if they don't have this understanding on how to do this they should very simply just play the hackless version

On the topic of installing a channel on hackless Wii's it would be cool but, not an easy feat. This mod already does stand out from other mods. I'm not trying to be harsh but, they just literally already made it so easy & you want more from them?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I don't see how the hackless version could be any easier. Thats the version for people who don't know what they're doing

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
Could they really get a C&D tho? Its not like a PM channel would affect Nintendo. You still need a copy of brawl to even run anything. All this would do is add even more profesionalism to this game!

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
Could they really get a C&D tho? Its not like a PM channel would affect Nintendo. You still need a copy of brawl to even run anything. All this would do is add even more profesionalism to this game!
They SAY you need a copy of brawl you don't actually need one it runs perfectly fine off burned copies I know many people that do it.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
I used to have a .wad that installs a channel that automatically opens your Configurable USB Loader's copy of Brawl with codes enabled.
The channel banner is for Brawl Minus and it says YES instead of the metal noise.
It loads P:M flawlessly

Not sure if I'm allowed to post it, but if you find it remember Configurable USB Loader's codes belong in /usb-loader/codes

Pemblem

Smash Rookie
This is not necessary. With a certain program (BootMii I think it's called) you can boot the Wii directly into the homebrew channel, If there is an SD card inserted with homebrew data. If no homebrew data (or no SD card) is found, it boots to the official Wii Menu.

Project M can be ran from there.

OMalley

Smash Cadet
shooot i have a channel for project m, that loads it up instantly from my wii homepage. (uses the modded wii version though) so it is out there, i just forgot where i got it from. i'll do some digging

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So now with version 3.01 we have the Launcher App, i must give all of my thanks to you PMBR, you never stop to amaze us.

And i guess this thread served it's porpuse, so it will get locked, right?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So, if I USB load(and no longer have a disc), does that mean that the launcher is basically useless to me? I have quite a few edited things on my card, so I doubt the built-in patcher would work, as they say you need unmodded files for it to work?

[collapse=My Changed Files]
Removed the names over each character's icon on the CSS
Added some music to the Menu, Battlefield, & Final Destination
Various skin changes for both Link & Toon Link
Had to change some CSP's, Battle Portraits, & Results Screen Portraits for both of them
Manually removed all the color bars/warning icons from all characters' CSP's, and removed warning icons from only Link & Toon Link's Results Screen Portraits
[/collapse]

With these changes in effect, would I be able to use the built-in patcher, or no?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So, if I USB load(and no longer have a disc), does that mean that the launcher is basically useless to me? I have quite a few edited things on my card, so I doubt the built-in patcher would work, as they say you need unmodded files for it to work?

[collapse=My Changed Files]
Removed the names over each character's icon on the CSS
Added some music to the Menu, Battlefield, & Final Destination
Various skin changes for both Link & Toon Link
Had to change some CSP's, Battle Portraits, & Results Screen Portraits for both of them
Manually removed all the color bars/warning icons from all characters' CSP's, and removed warning icons from only Link & Toon Link's Results Screen Portraits
[/collapse]

With these changes in effect, would I be able to use the built-in patcher, or no?
It would be good to know that.
Or this thread could be made into a "Launcher App Discussion"? wathever the PMBR wants.

Top Bottom