• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Dolphin Custom Sound Issue

iS3W3LL

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, long time smash player finally starting PM.
Dolphin 4.0 and using the gecko OS.
The game works great and all 60FPS with great upscaling etc.
My issue is I've tried adding custom music, so far to two stages. Using the Brawl Song Manager. I'm 99.99% positive everything is placed correctly. The files have even come up as the rename in-game.
The issue is that instead of the new music, it loads the original but a very very fuzzy version of it.
I've tried defragging a few times to no avail.
Any other suggestions?
UPDATE:
I realized I had previously tried manually adding the files. When I deleted the files which weren't included in PM from the sound mod, the fuzziness ceased. However, the original music still plays instead of the new tracks.

I actually apparently cleared all the custom files. I went to try do a trial run again with smash music manager, and it lead to the same fuzzy version of the original with the file i tried. I'm almost positive I'm using smash manager correct, I've checked a few guides.

It's only a minor thing, the game runs great but it's getting to me, help greatly appreciated.:150:

Last edited:

iS3W3LL

Smash Rookie
I meant brawl song manager my bad.

I'm pretty sure I have the newest dolphin I downloaded it yesterday, same goes for the ISO which I put on the computer yesterday.

Everything works perfect save for this attempt to put in custom music, I don't see how changing ISOs will help?

Top Bottom