• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Demo 2.6b released! (Changelist up!)

MVP

Smash Ace
i totally called the 2.6b.... let it be known to everyone

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That's a terrifying prophecy dude

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
is anyone else having desync problems with 2.6b on wifi? so far me and 3 friends are having desync problems and we all have 2.6b. you guys might not care since you might not wifi. we all use wifi safe too just to clarify that

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Do we know the bug changes from 2.6 to 2.6b? I'm wondering if I need to update to be able to play and if it would affect me at all.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
-Screen KOs have been removed as a temporary fix until it is possible to make them the same duration as Star KOs
Um... why was this an issue?

leelue

Smash Lord
It is just kinda silly that if I were to, say, jump offstage to the point where I will die
and we are on last stocks
and I up air you
and you die
I could win or lose depending on which death the game decides to give you.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I always thought of an idea where the difference between a star ko and a screen ko could depend on how much % you have when you're sent up but that's... more than likely an even harder idea to execute given how even setting the duration is a problem as it is

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I see. That makes sense.
For someone who doesn't care about that, however, and enjoys the novelty of the animations and sounds, how can one enable screen KOs for himself?

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
YES FINALLY ONCE I GET HIT WHILE SHIELDING I WONT JUST BE KNOCKED OFF DUE RO HIM DROPPING IT RIGHT WHEN I ROLL CAUSING ME TO FOWARD AIR DODGE AND SO THEN FALL ON LIKE A DUMMY >.<

The_NZA

Smash Lord
"-All music tracks are available regardless of being unlocked on the save file or not"

Does this mean I don't have to CD farm anymore? Also, I always felt like the engine itself felt crisper between 2.5-2.6. Have there been physics changes to make it resemble melee more or is that my imagination?

210stuna

Smash Lord
"-All music tracks are available regardless of being unlocked on the save file or not"

Does this mean I don't have to CD farm anymore? Also, I always felt like the engine itself felt crisper between 2.5-2.6. Have there been physics changes to make it resemble melee more or is that my imagination?
I feel like it's easier to fast fall after an attack. Makes it feel like a tighter game

The_NZA

Smash Lord
My luigi's cyclone is doing strange things. I feel like I have to charge it on the ground, like melee, to make it work in the air. Did that change go through as well or do I need to defragment my sd card?

Hoser

Smash Ace
I'm trying to download it now, but the download link doesn't seem to be working. Are there any mirrors?

edit: nevermind, it's working now

Jackyl

Smash Rookie
How can I download the 2.6 variant without wiping the whole thing? So I can keep my music and skins?

Landry

Smash Ace
So I recently updated to 2.6b (homebrew full set) and whenever I go to load it my game goes right into Brawl. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
So I recently updated to 2.6b (homebrew full set) and whenever I go to load it my game goes right into Brawl. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks in advance.
Make sure your gecko settings are proper. Hook type should be AXNextFrame. If not, try more general solutions such as defragging your SD card or re-installing a "fresh" Project M.

Landry

Smash Ace
Tried that and still no luck... For reference I can't load a hackless version either. Very weird...

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Why is there no changelist for Jiggs? Was nothing changed about it?

Top Bottom