• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
Codex is a human being just like the rest of us. He has a job, he has friends, he has family, he has responsibilities. Flooding him with requests, when this build is something he is in no way obligated to do, is wrong (I honestly wouldn't blame him for canceling this build if he had to). He also has a certain set rule for this build as far as I'm aware: No costumes that are another character (i.e. no Shadow over Sonic, No Metal Sonic over Sonic, No Lucina over Marth etc.) but costumes that could be characters cosplaying are alright (Shadow Queen Peach, DK wearing Funky's clothes, all of Sonic's PM alts etc).

Quit pestering Codex with costume requests, It really is disrespectful. Also this is not a thread for us to promote our own things either, if you see a cool costume, Codex has probably already seen it. Codex has said that it took him 4 hours to make CSPs for Lucario's 14 costumes, so assuming is the average time it takes him, every time he makes a CSP it takes him approximately 17 minutes (he also revises these costumes constantly). This is not a thread for us to promote our own things either, if you see a cool costume, Codex has probably already seen it.

He also works in the Smash 3 thread and The PM Visual and Fixing Thread (which he created and watches over). He also plans on making multiple versions of this build and makes his own costumes and recolors for this build sometimes. He is not a machine focused solely on this thread, he can burn out. So @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 if I'm wrong about anything, please correct me. Also, I haven't commented here in a while, so to make up for that I have to say your CSPs have increased in quality dramatically since I commented last. Keep up the good work and you have my support.
while I agree with you completely, I believe this is just what happens when you are making the HYPEST PM BUILD IN HISTORY OF ALL THINGS.

In all seriousness, I love your work Codex. Keep up the great work. :D

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Yo Codex, Where did you get these mods? Did you make them yourself? I am aware that you made one's like Peach and chrom Ike. But some I can't find and I am not sure if it's a private mod of your creation or if I'm just not searching far enough. It would be pretty dandy if a link was provided for any characters you made renders for that were not in PM 3.5. Anyone from the thread, can you help me out? I'm trying to find the last 3 roy alts, and the 2nd to last captain falcon.

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That My friend, is your search job.
Also, you could wait for this to release and just get them then.
I'd say look a bit harder. Use the search option, and look for texture, since most of them are textures.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Y'all really need to wait, posting with all this "can't wait till the next update" and whatnot. It's incredibly inconvenient. Codex will update when he decides to.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
if you all want a certain skin in the build, just wait until it comes out and paste it into it yourself =P
Agreed. However, majority of them exist in BrawlVault. What I'm wondering is if the ones I am looking for are exclusively in his build or not (Ex: Villager Lucas). If it is then I'll be happy to wait for it.

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. However, majority of them exist in BrawlVault. What I'm wondering is if the ones I am looking for are exclusively in his build or not (Ex: Villager Lucas). If it is then I'll be happy to wait for it.
Near the top of page 29 of this thread Codex posted a list of costumes that ha made/ worked on.

Oscar30694

Smash Rookie
serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/cosplaypikachu.shtml

I have 2 more suggestions for you Codex9 .. Those being:

Pikachu Rock Star & Pikachu Libre
(Cosplay Pikachu)

From the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games

SecondNova

Smash Cadet
Codex is a human being just like the rest of us. He has a job, he has friends, he has family, he has responsibilities. Flooding him with requests, when this build is something he is in no way obligated to do, is wrong (I honestly wouldn't blame him for canceling this build if he had to). He also has a certain set rule for this build as far as I'm aware: No costumes that are another character (i.e. no Shadow over Sonic, No Metal Sonic over Sonic, No Lucina over Marth etc.) but costumes that could be characters cosplaying are alright (Shadow Queen Peach, DK wearing Funky's clothes, all of Sonic's PM alts etc).

Quit pestering Codex with costume requests, It really is disrespectful. Also this is not a thread for us to promote our own things either, if you see a cool costume, Codex has probably already seen it. Codex has said that it took him 4 hours to make CSPs for Lucario's 14 costumes, so assuming is the average time it takes him, every time he makes a CSP it takes him approximately 17 minutes (he also revises these costumes constantly).

He also works in the Smash 3 thread and The PM Visual and Fixing Thread (which he created and watches over). He also plans on making multiple versions of this build and makes his own costumes and recolors for this build sometimes. He is not a machine focused solely on this thread, he can burn out. So @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 if I'm wrong about anything, please correct me. Also, I haven't commented here in a while, so to make up for that I have to say your CSPs have increased in quality dramatically since I commented last. Keep up the good work and you have my support.
beautiful

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Codex9, i just wanna say that you have an amazing eye for detail and i hope that i can make content like yours someday. most hype build 2015

Edit 3.6 most hype build 2016

Last edited:

UberAndrew

Smash Cadet
So now that 3.6 is confirmed and appearently "coming soon" are you going to wait to release this until the next update? And now that the alternate stage loader is confirmed to be working and implemented you going to mess around with that? They said replacing alternate stages is just the same as replacing normal stages, they also said they'll release a tutorial on how to add alternate stages to ones that don't have them.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
It's most likely that he will wait, since it doesn't look like he will be finishing anytime soon and he seems to be quite busy. Hold tight guys, I am sure Codex is just as excited as y'all are.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
It's most likely that he will wait, since it doesn't look like he will be finishing anytime soon and he seems to be quite busy. Hold tight guys, I am sure Codex is just as excited as y'all are.
Well if that's the case i wonder how he'll react to the recent update they announced? Unattainable amounts of hype.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
You better wait.
LOL i am waitin im juss sayin if 3.6 comes out before Codex build den he'll prob end up starting all over again like how he did with the 3.5 build & non of us wants that cuz were already hype for his build commin we all understand that hes pretty busy its just that Hype can Overwhelm a lotta people lol.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That wouldn't be the case. He can just add to what he has. 3.5 was a major revamp of project M , adding models and cool new stages and such, while 3.6 didn't seem to change too much as the name implies. it seems the important stuff was highlighted in the trailer.

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
So I've noticed that in the sonic CPS's, sonic's other blue costume (the 10th one that has the different shoes) looks nearly identical to his default costume. Could you possibly add the light speed rings to his wrists to make it more unique? Thanks for all the great work that you're doing. You're a link main like I sometimes am, so I'm on your side.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Wow I haven't been in this thread in forever. Just came by for a quick visit.

I'm not sure how your progress in this build is going but I hope you're taking care of yourself Codex. Take it easy, brother.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
So I've noticed that in the sonic CPS's, sonic's other blue costume (the 10th one that has the different shoes) looks nearly identical to his default costume. Could you possibly add the light speed rings to his wrists to make it more unique? Thanks for all the great work that you're doing. You're a link main like I sometimes am, so I'm on your side.
That's the S.O.A.P shoes from Sonic Adventure 2. I think the shoes are good enough.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I actually plan to reply to everyone when I'm done working on the remastered CSP stuff on the other thread ;-; I've not had many breaks and I usually need an hour or so time when I reply, I did want to say that everything @ Kurukato87 Kurukato87 said on the page before is 100% true and I have all my respect to him for taking the time to write that up, I shall return! And I can assure you I'm not going to let this build die!

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
>tfw when Codex senpai won't notice you
I actually plan to reply to everyone when I'm done working on the remastered CSP stuff on the other thread ;-; I've not had many breaks and I usually need an hour or so time when I reply, I did want to say that everything @ Kurukato87 Kurukato87 said on the page before is 100% true and I have all my respect to him for taking the time to write that up, I shall return! And I can assure you I'm not going to let this build die!
SENPAI NOTICED US. ^v^
And I can respect that. Take your time... just don't kill this build lol.

MagicManNo9

WELPS, after seeing SJS's amazing stuff it's time to retire! Goodbye folks!

Jokes aside, I'll be back in business soon, though dem CSPs he's done is on a whole new level of wow!

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
For some reason my notifications stopped, but nevertheless im back and my hype is IN FULL THROTTLE!!!!

MagicManNo9

For some reason my notifications stopped, but nevertheless im back and my hype is IN FULL THROTTLE!!!!
Glad to have you back! Updates are slow due so many things but I be getting there!

So, Codex. What do you think of Smash 4?
I like Smash 4, I like all Smash games quite a lot~

I came here for the drama.
There be no Doorama abouts here~ *Whistles*

WHOA. THIS BUILD.
GLAD YOU LIKE

Mini Update:

Trying to get back in gear folks, let's see:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
Glad to have you back! Updates are slow due so many things but I be getting there!

I like Smash 4, I like all Smash games quite a lot~

There be no Doorama abouts here~ *Whistles*

GLAD YOU LIKE

Mini Update:

Trying to get back in gear folks, let's see:
face looks kinda washed out/monotone, like peach or whatever

Top Bottom