• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
The 1 critique I have is that the majora's mask link has toon link's face and the OOT link has young link's face. It would be a little more fitting if the majora's mask face was more like young link's face and outfit.

Forgive me if I don't follow, but both Toon Links appear to have the same face, which is, in fact, his own face. What exactly are you asking for?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Id say he means hair, not face.
I was thinking that, just didn't bother to modify my previous post. In which case, I'd say keeping the hair between the two different wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, adds some variety to Toon Link's alts in my opinion.

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking that, just didn't bother to modify my previous post. In which case, I'd say keeping the hair between the two different wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, adds some variety to Toon Link's alts in my opinion.
No, I mean majora's mask link's hair should look like the young link's hair from oot since they come from the same game. But it's not that big of an issue.

Mashu Koria

Smash Apprentice
May I request a couple;
Striker Mario
Warioman
Mr M. (Mario version of Mr L)
Fierce Deity Tink/Link/Sheik
That's it for now, I think.
Also, can we download what you've got now?

Oscar30694

Smash Rookie
I have a few suggestions ..

- Add in the alts they made in the recent update for PM for Lucario, King Dedede & the other ones that I can't think of right now.
- Hyrule Warriors Zelda & Ganondorf
- Shiny forms of The Mega Pokémon (ex. Shiny Mega Charizard Y alt.)
- Alph for Captain Olimar
- Add Ness' new shirt color alt (Master Belch)
- Toon Zelda (I already have a working model that I've downloaded for project m)

Plz & thanks Codex9

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste

- Add in the alts they made in the recent update for PM for Lucario, King Dedede & the other ones that I can't think of right now.
- Toon Zelda (I already have a working model that I've downloaded for project m)

Plz & thanks Codex9
I'm pretty sure C9 will put in all the recent PM alts the mod has to offer, since he already did for multiple characters.
But shiny mega costumes could DEFINITELY work for some of the Pokemon. In fact, I can see it work perfectly for Charizard and Mewtwo (plus an added blue color for each mewtwo form, you'd already have 14 AND have three team costumes). So count me in.
You know now that I think about the pokemon's 14, I kinda want more colors from Lucario's PM Fighter Alt. If you replace Lucario's blue costume with a Shiny Mega costume, then we can have two extra Fighter colors (since the two Fighter alts are an automatic must). Maybe we can have a Ken-inspired color and even a Dan-inspired color for humor.
Man. I keep hyping myself up and I hate it.
As for Toon Zelda tho.... I doubt that might happen.

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna to sound selfish but I specifically requested Lucario's cyan alt be in Codex's build. Odds are though that Codex can put all the alt colors we want with out any backlash.

Last edited:

TheBearsFist

Smash Cadet
Hi Codex! Sorry to ask but would you consider this as a skin for Lucario? http:// forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202646

Honestly the best Lucario Skin I have found. If not could you maybe do a CSP for it please?

Cheers

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Tis true, I mainly wanted to fil in the extra slots and felt that was the best choice!

No, I mean majora's mask link's hair should look like the young link's hair from oot since they come from the same game. But it's not that big of an issue.
I would change it but too much time to work on it so I would have to pass on doing that daily.

May I request a couple;
Striker Mario
Warioman
Mr M. (Mario version of Mr L)
Fierce Deity Tink/Link/Sheik
That's it for now, I think.
Also, can we download what you've got now?
I don't do costume requests sorry, specifically making them.

As for downloads, I'm packing a bunch of packs and planning to release them, and making sure I get the right permission on certain costumes so do expect them soon on the vault!

Plz & thanks Codex9
Haha, the characters with 10 have not been updated, I can 100% say that all alts from 3.5 are already going to be in. Again, I don't do requests, thought I will address some of the suggestions:

- HW Zelda and Ganon won't happen for a long time, not for a while in any case (IWG has them lined up after working on Link but I will add them in once they get a release)
- Shiny Forms of Mega Pokémon I may not do, if I have extra space and need to fill them up then I might consider it!
- I don't think anyone has done an alt for Alph, that and I won't do costumes that change the character competly (Having Alph with the accouncer calling out Olimar and such is what I mean)
- Ness' new shirt color I can do! Was planning to!
- Toon Zelda is probably a no go, various reasons that CopynPasteKevin pretty much says haha!

i am a mistake
I know this is referring to a double post but I wanted to reply with this:

I'm pretty sure C9 will put in all the recent PM alts the mod has to offer, since he already did for multiple characters.
But shiny mega costumes could DEFINITELY work for some of the Pokemon. In fact, I can see it work perfectly for Charizard and Mewtwo (plus an added blue color for each mewtwo form, you'd already have 14 AND have three team costumes). So count me in.
You know now that I think about the pokemon's 14, I kinda want more colors from Lucario's PM Fighter Alt. If you replace Lucario's blue costume with a Shiny Mega costume, then we can have two extra Fighter colors (since the two Fighter alts are an automatic must). Maybe we can have a Ken-inspired color and even a Dan-inspired color for humor.
Man. I keep hyping myself up and I hate it.
As for Toon Zelda tho.... I doubt that might happen.
Thanks for answering a few points I wanted to make! Also expect some hype for Lucario!

I'm gonna to sound selfish but I specifically requested Lucario's cyan alt be in Codex's build. Odds are though that Codex can put all the alt colors we want with out any backlash.
Oh don't you worry, I wouldn't forget that request haha! I was planning that anyway if that helped so don't worry!

Hi Codex! Sorry to ask but would you consider this as a skin for Lucario? http:// forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202646

Honestly the best Lucario Skin I have found. If not could you maybe do a CSP for it please?

Cheers
I don't do CSP requests sorry, though for this case I'll allow it once: http://i.imgur.com/M7tGIQv.png and http://i.imgur.com/AvJL0Xy.png

UPDATE:

Lucario Update, had to work on a LOT of things but managed to squeeze in 4 or so hours working on Lucario + costumes:

CSPs:

BPs:

Quite a few things actually, firstly I updated the pose, I was never happy with the old one, here's a comparion of what I mean:

Old:
New:

Left is the old one, also was never happy with the lighting so I improved on that, additional things I wanted to point out:
- Lucario has the arm fix from the fixing thread.
- Also the Eye fix for all of them just for consistency.
- I added in my own version of Purple because I noticed the Mirage costume, the textures had some issues that I couldn't bring myself to overlook.
- Also the Mega CSPs have the right sized head, the old CSPs had a smaller head, I fixed that. (Which means I'll have to do a head update to the model in the future I think)

And I hope you all like! Enjoy!

Last edited:

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
Where did you get the Lord Ike costume? I've been looking for a good one for a while now, but none I've seen have looked accurate enough. The CSP that you posed for it looks pretty accurate, as it has the golden metal part on Ike's left arm.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
That's fine no need to apologize.

Also I'm liking that White Metal Gear (?) Lucario!
It's Synthetic Lucario I believe. Also, agreed, he is a really good looking alt. Just wish for Eye diversity, but it's a minor aspect so it's all good.

Last edited:

CopynPasteKevin

Smash Cadet
NNID
CopynPaste
That's fine no need to apologize.

Also I'm liking that White Metal Gear (?) Lucario!
INDEED MAN.
Honestly I feel quite happy with Lucario's 14. I noticed that C9 used your recommended color to better fit Ninja Lucario.
Is it just me or does Ninjario REALLY make me want to play him right now?!
But I have to ask, what is that costume between Dark Fighter and Synthetic Lucario? Never seen it before.

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
K Bob.
It's Synthetic Lucario I believe. Also, agreed, he is a really good looking alt. Just wish for Eye diversity, but it's a minor aspect so it's all good.
In regards to this, I'm not really versed in texture modelling, but I'm sure there's an easy enough way to just edit eye colors in BrawlBox or something hahaha

ruin570

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to get everything you have so far in a build? I'm so anxious for this!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Looks good overall. Not sure did you somehow got more than 10 costumes for each character (except for Wario) or you're just showing all costumes no matter what version they will be in, but that doesn't matters much. Hopefully, we'll see this done this year.
But there is one thing you messed up - Captain Falcon's eyes on CSPs and CSS. They should glow and be white. It doesn't matters what kind of lighting is used. They always are white. That is how they are in-game - even if you will go to Frigate Orpheon, wait for black out and turn camera around so only black void is seen, they will still remain white. Maybe even if stage would have no light source, they would still glow.

Last edited:

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Looks good overall. Not sure did you somehow got more than 10 costumes for each character (except for Wario) or you're just showing all costumes no matter what version they will be in, but that doesn't matters much. Hopefully, we'll see this done this year.
But there is one thing you messed up - Captain Falcon's eyes on CSPs and CSS. They should glow and be white. It doesn't matters what kind of lighting is used. They always are white. That is how they are in-game - even if you will go to Frigate Orpheon, wait for black out and turn camera around so only black void is seen, they will still remain white. Maybe even if stage would have no light source, they would still glow.
He's showing all planned costumes, even though as of now we can't use 'em all. Codex is doing that because CBliss will supposedly update soon, bringing support for 14 slots per character. As matter of fact, that's one of the reasons the build has been held back for a while!

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
It's funny that the update is supposed to come soon, but that was said about a month ago.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
It's funny that the update is supposed to come soon, but that was said about a month ago.
man, cmon. updates happen when they happen. remember when 3.5 took almost a whole day longer to come out but it was near-perfection?
its worth the wait with these guys

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
Looking good Codex. Love the new Lucario stuff!
Cant wait to see what else you have planned!

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Question: Once all the CSPs are complete, are you planning on making stock icons for them too? (also making them appear in the Result screen)

Kurukato87

Smash Apprentice
Codex is a human being just like the rest of us. He has a job, he has friends, he has family, he has responsibilities. Flooding him with requests, when this build is something he is in no way obligated to do, is wrong (I honestly wouldn't blame him for canceling this build if he had to). He also has a certain set rule for this build as far as I'm aware: No costumes that are another character (i.e. no Shadow over Sonic, No Metal Sonic over Sonic, No Lucina over Marth etc.) but costumes that could be characters cosplaying are alright (Shadow Queen Peach, DK wearing Funky's clothes, all of Sonic's PM alts etc).

Quit pestering Codex with costume requests, It really is disrespectful. Also this is not a thread for us to promote our own things either, if you see a cool costume, Codex has probably already seen it. Codex has said that it took him 4 hours to make CSPs for Lucario's 14 costumes, so assuming is the average time it takes him, every time he makes a CSP it takes him approximately 17 minutes (he also revises these costumes constantly).

He also works in the Smash 3 thread and The PM Visual and Fixing Thread (which he created and watches over). He also plans on making multiple versions of this build and makes his own costumes and recolors for this build sometimes. He is not a machine focused solely on this thread, he can burn out. So @ MagicManNo9 MagicManNo9 if I'm wrong about anything, please correct me. Also, I haven't commented here in a while, so to make up for that I have to say your CSPs have increased in quality dramatically since I commented last. Keep up the good work and you have my support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom