• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Taiko

Smash Ace
I'll just post here so that you guys know, Codex is currently fighting off a cold, so don't expect anything for this week.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
UPDATE:

Sorry all, as you've known (Special thanks to Taiko for passing the message!) I had a cold and starting to get better! Thanks to all who's been giving me get well messages! I'll be doing my best! Still a bit ill but getting there!

In case people wonder, the first release is going to be either the end of this week or rather next as I have a lot of IRL stuff/projects to do as well as working on Smash3 related stuff, so look forward to whatever updates come!

The remaining characters are finalising, I've done Samus, ZZS, Dedede since whilst ill and plan to reveal their updates when the final release is out at the time, as based Iwata would say:

In any case you guys are awsome and I'll be sure to make the best out of all of this!

So we'll get the test release next week? Also, get well soon Codex! You're awesome!
Thanks! I'll be going all out on this, getting better but got some lingering cold here and there.

waitin for an update...get better soon Codex
Thanks! Expect one big update before the 14th!

Get well soon
Thanks! I'm still a bit ill but getting better!

Get well man!!
Thanks man!

Would you say that Codex is smashing that cold?
10/10 I guess you can say... I'm really feeling it... :4shulk: (The Shulk will never get old~)

patiently waiting... i want to use these skins on more than just PM
I might release the skins on the Vault very soon before release if that helps anyone who wants them? Anyone think I should or just do it on the day I release it? I really don't mind either way!

Get well soon, Codex :)
Thank you! Glad to hear many people are waiting patiently and very nice as well! Thanks!

As much as we want Codex PM we plaay the waiting game.
Just til now til before the 14th will be the release! I aim to get it out then, mainly because I have projects and plans after that I want to work on before that date, that and Smash Wii U incoming (I say that but I live in the UK so I have to wait a bit longer ;-; )

He may be working on the build but not have anything note worthy to show off or he might just be low on free time.
I also want to add this is true, I've been ill and been busy with various projects and other related Smash stuff I've been working on, thanks for understanding as always!

Last edited:

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
Glad to see you're back, to answer the question on whether or not you should release the skins, I personally say why not, itd help tide over people untill the pack is released (Btw if you could possibly put up that Duster-Lucas skin thatd be amazing, since Lucas doesnt get too much love it seems)

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
Wait to release the skins until after. People can download your build if they want them.

Also you being alive is good.

Can we expext another update before the final build?

BOWSER_BASHER

Smash Cadet
Is Ganondorf going to be regular PM Ganondorf or is it going to be Triforce Ganondorf with the swappable movesets?

Last edited:

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
Looking forward to the open build. Good to hear you're feeling better,colds seem to be spreading since I'm feeling a little under myself now.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
UPDATE:

Sorry all, as you've known (Special thanks to Taiko for passing the message!) I had a cold and starting to get better! Thanks to all who's been giving me get well messages! I'll be doing my best! Still a bit ill but getting there!

In case people wonder, the first release is going to be either the end of this week or rather next as I have a lot of IRL stuff/projects to do as well as working on Smash3 related stuff, so look forward to whatever updates come!

The remaining characters are finalising, I've done Samus, ZZS, Dedede since whilst ill and plan to reveal their updates when the final release is out at the time, as based Iwata would say:

In any case you guys are awsome and I'll be sure to make the best out of all of this!

Thanks! I'll be going all out on this, getting better but got some lingering cold here and there.

Thanks! Expect one big update before the 14th!

Thanks! I'm still a bit ill but getting better!

Thanks man!

10/10 I guess you can say... I'm really feeling it... :4shulk: (The Shulk will never get old~)

I might release the skins on the Vault very soon before release if that helps anyone who wants them? Anyone think I should or just do it on the day I release it? I really don't mind either way!

Thank you! Glad to hear many people are waiting patiently and very nice as well! Thanks!

Just til now til before the 14th will be the release! I aim to get it out then, mainly because I have projects and plans after that I want to work on before that date, that and Smash Wii U incoming (I say that but I live in the UK so I have to wait a bit longer ;-; )

I also want to add this is true, I've been ill and been busy with various projects and other related Smash stuff I've been working on, thanks for understanding as always!

After the 14th?? interesting Thats like a Day After the Mario Kart DLC Drops lol. Ill be Lookin Forward to the Codex PM Release!!!

MagicManNo9

Glad to see you're back, to answer the question on whether or not you should release the skins, I personally say why not, itd help tide over people untill the pack is released (Btw if you could possibly put up that Duster-Lucas skin thatd be amazing, since Lucas doesnt get too much love it seems)
I really don't mind! Since it's close I may just hold onto them and do it after, mainly because of how much time it would take to set up screenshots and gallery images.

Wait to release the skins until after. People can download your build if they want them.

Also you being alive is good.

Can we expext another update before the final build?
Indeed, me being alive is very good! You can expect one other update before the final build, and many more updates after that because even after the first release, there's lots to work with and plans I have in store!

Is Ganondorf going to be regular PM Ganondorf or is it going to be Triforce Ganondorf with the swappable movesets?
I'm going to be using the Triforce Ganondorf, but will also work on a optional method in future builds in case people want a tourney safe one (Now that I think about it I can just create a specific build for that as planned)

Looking forward to the open build. Good to hear you're feeling better,colds seem to be spreading since I'm feeling a little under myself now.
Thanks! I hope I don't pass it around somehow through the threads (That would be a feat) getting there though!

PS
Glorious Toyone
Nice Avatar!

nice to hear back from you Codex. Seasonal transitions are the worst time for illnesses. Take care of yourself and stay hydrated! :D
Thanks! I've been doing my best getting better!

After the 14th?? interesting Thats like a Day After the Mario Kart DLC Drops lol. Ill be Lookin Forward to the Codex PM Release!!!
Oh yeah, I completely forgot the DLC (Luckily I pre-ordered it for when it drops~)

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
I really don't mind! Since it's close I may just hold onto them and do it after, mainly because of how much time it would take to set up screenshots and gallery images.

Indeed, me being alive is very good! You can expect one other update before the final build, and many more updates after that because even after the first release, there's lots to work with and plans I have in store!

I'm going to be using the Triforce Ganondorf, but will also work on a optional method in future builds in case people want a tourney safe one (Now that I think about it I can just create a specific build for that as planned)

Thanks! I hope I don't pass it around somehow through the threads (That would be a feat) getting there though!

PS
Glorious Toyone
Nice Avatar!

Thanks! I've been doing my best getting better!

Oh yeah, I completely forgot the DLC (Luckily I pre-ordered it for when it drops~)
YAAASSS MARRRIO KART or should i say LINK KART. lol

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Can I make a suggestion for Link? Feel free to ignore this, but his costumes seem very plain, perhaps you could change his purple twilight outfit to a purple ocarina outfit and move it to them, and change twilight links red and blue tunics to his zora and magic armor? They are very popular and I feel it would give links costume set much more flair and diversity. Plus it would give twilight and ocarina link each 5 outfits, and I feel the 4 swords purple would suit ocarina link better. Either way you're doing an awesome job so far Codex!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Suddenly PM 3.5 coming out in two days:

I may have to rethink my plans on this... what is everyone's thoughts on it?

MagicManNo9

Can I make a suggestion for Link? Feel free to ignore this, but his costumes seem very plain, perhaps you could change his purple twilight outfit to a purple ocarina outfit and move it to them, and change twilight links red and blue tunics to his zora and magic armor? They are very popular and I feel it would give links costume set much more flair and diversity. Plus it would give twilight and ocarina link each 5 outfits, and I feel the 4 swords purple would suit ocarina link better. Either way you're doing an awesome job so far Codex!
I'm actually going to consider something really big now, even more so with 3.5 in two days, + extras is the plan I think.

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
If it's just costumes, would it make a difference in how it is applied to 3.5? if you release it with 3.5, everyone can start playing 3.5 with brand new custom costumes, which i think would be nice. :)

MagicManNo9

If it's just costumes, would it make a difference in how it is applied to 3.5? if you release it with 3.5, everyone can start playing 3.5 with brand new custom costumes, which i think would be nice. :)
Yeah, shouldn't be too difficult if it's all working easy by then, plus the event mode and SSE is pretty sweet as well, I shall try to do that as best as I can!

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3
yeah 3.5 looks AMAZING. I would love to get your CSPs/costumes though. That would make my 3.5 experience the best possible one. Been waiting for too long to wait even longer. :D <3

MagicManNo9

yeah 3.5 looks AMAZING. I would love to get your CSPs/costumes though. That would make my 3.5 experience the best possible one. Been waiting for too long to wait even longer. :D <3
Indeed! I feel I have kept everyone waiting for so long and will give the best possible experience to 3.5 when it's out!

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
I'm a so beyond excited to see a codex 3.5 build I'm about to explode. Best smash experience EVER.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
JEEEZ CODEX WUT WILL U DO NOW ??? LOL...........
& I WASS HYPED FOR THE BUILD & BAM !!! 3.5 is here on Friday LOL

BTW R.I.P Smash 4 i dont even kno why am i getting it anymore anyways LOL....

MagicManNo9

JEEEZ CODEX WUT WILL U DO NOW ??? LOL...........
& I WASS HYPED FOR THE BUILD & BAM !!! 3.5 is here on Friday LOL

BTW R.I.P Smash 4 i dont even kno why am i getting it anymore anyways LOL....
Get hyped for 3.5 build! (Still surprised it's coming out in two days, THAT IS fast, though I imagine they have it ready for release hence why the trailer and release date are so close to one another.)

So, your just gonna wait for 3.5 to come out and transfer it all there?
I will most likely do that consider how very close it is to the release date of 3.5 now.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Dude, nice to hear from you again Codex! The first thing I thought about as soon as the Project M 3.5 Trailer was over and after calming down after screaming at my screen from the HYPE of knowing that the release date is only 2 DAYS AWAY was "How the heck is Codex going to react to this? What is he going to do now? There are a lot more extra costumes added to each character. That's some extra work there..."

So yeah, I read your replies, and I'm happy to hear that you're planning to wait for 3.5 and import all your stuff there. Also, want to add that your latest designs were great, as always.

I hope you're feeling better man. Many people are really excited about your work and knowing that the final product is only a few days away feels so great, let me tell you, as a follower, a fan and a Smasher. I must say, you have done an amazing job up to this point, and I know that whatever you have in store for us in the future will be just as great.

Take care and I will be looking for the release date of your build!

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
The 3.5 update might benefit you since more character slots are now open due to the costumes being added. cBliss works but there are some limitations.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
So what's your plan Codex? The default PM CSP's are looking super ugly so I'm looking forward to see what you'll do... are you going to replace some of your costume choices with the PM ones? Like I'd much rather have SNES Captain Falcon over Mach Rider, but the Toon Link alts seem to interfere with the Ezio and Conductor skins... will you render the PM costumes in your style when it comes out?

MagicManNo9

You feeling better codex?
Much better thanks! (Love that Avatar of Eevee btw, glorious work done by Tails and I'm so glad I was able to help render that and the other Eeveelutions~ it's an amazing feeling!)

Dude, nice to hear from you again Codex! The first thing I thought about as soon as the Project M 3.5 Trailer was over and after calming down after screaming at my screen from the HYPE of knowing that the release date is only 2 DAYS AWAY was "How the heck is Codex going to react to this? What is he going to do now? There are a lot more extra costumes added to each character. That's some extra work there..."

So yeah, I read your replies, and I'm happy to hear that you're planning to wait for 3.5 and import all your stuff there. Also, want to add that your latest designs were great, as always.

I hope you're feeling better man. Many people are really excited about your work and knowing that the final product is only a few days away feels so great, let me tell you, as a follower, a fan and a Smasher. I must say, you have done an amazing job up to this point, and I know that whatever you have in store for us in the future will be just as great.

Take care and I will be looking for the release date of your build!
As always it's amazing to hear and read your comment on the thread! Truly makes my day reading stuff like this! With 3.5 incoming and being on the Smash3 team I'm going to sit myself down and go over everything I have in detail, (Which I shall be explaining in the update below!) So I'll be going all out on my build!

Glad to hear my latest updates have been up to standard! There will be some nice updates that's for certain!

The 3.5 update might benefit you since more character slots are now open due to the costumes being added. cBliss works but there are some limitations.
True, I heard that extra costumes in 3.5 are added via CBliss (No one quote me on that, I'm just assuming that's the case) will need to do something about the additional team color costumes in 3.5 also.

i dont kno bout yall but im HOOPEIN FOR A MIDNIGHT RELEASE OF PM 3.5 LOL.
If it's like previous release then it'll probably be much later I imagine (It's 3pm over here and I gotta go out for bit, hopefully it'll be there when I return haha!)

So what's your plan Codex? The default PM CSP's are looking super ugly so I'm looking forward to see what you'll do... are you going to replace some of your costume choices with the PM ones? Like I'd much rather have SNES Captain Falcon over Mach Rider, but the Toon Link alts seem to interfere with the Ezio and Conductor skins... will you render the PM costumes in your style when it comes out?
Oh yeah, funny enough I am actually going to use SNES Captain Falcon over Mach Rider so you need not worry! I plan to keep most costumes here and there for what's best, like my previous reply above the only concern is the additional team colors like you said with Toon Link, (Will hopefully work something out on that end!) I shall also be rendering the PM costumes in my style as well if that helps!

They said there wont be one on twitter so sleep early and wake up and get it if its out
^ This I'm looking forward to trying it out regardless though!

UPDATE:

I had return from a cold a week ago only to then find that 3.5 is coming out well... today haha, but in any case people are wondering my side of the matter in regards to that, I shall wait for 3.5 to come out to work on, of course that'll take additional time so regardless, I'll do what I can and my best in that regards!

Speaking of doing my best I've been on the Smash3 team working with some fantastic people, well, everyone on that team are fantastic in my books haha, in any case in the rendering department I return from training in the mountains, Mt Taiko I call it, here's a picture of it:

Annnnnnny way I've been seeing the amount of detail everyone around me has been putting recently and I couldn't help but compare, this isn't a bad thing in any case as I want to strive and get better, seeing how the community continues to grow and improving to levels I would never thought was capable in Smash Modding I wanted to up my game once more.

Here's a basic idea on what I'm doing here on out, I shall be going through every costume in detail and even fixing up everything and improving stuff I feel needs updating! Oh and don't worry, this doesn't count a re-set as a lot of the stuff so far only need some minor tweeking here and there, I'll share an example with Mario and Dr Mario:

And Dr Mario:

Even little details like that will be worked upon, there's a couple of things I still want to fix up on Mario but that's an example of what I mean in terms of upping my game, I hope it's a much better improvement and I hope you all look forward to this! Also hope you all enjoy 3.5 and have a really good day!

Top Bottom