• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
same portraits with the PM Purple he said.

******* got me thinking it looks liek Win8 too >_< but at least i dont hate win8 as much as him lol
Oh God, I can't unsee it now either, I don't mind Win 8 (I'm using 8.1 with various edits and such) so I'm use to it.

Shall get the purple your friend desires though! Gimme 10 or less!

Last edited:

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Oh God, I can't unsee it now either, I don't mind Win 8 (I'm using 8.1 with various edits and such) so I'm use to it.

Shall get the purple your friend desires though! Gimme 10 or less!
I like your CSS a lot, I made a variant of it with with normal models / some sjs to better fit my pack.

Quick question, how did you modify the background? The default purple bg for pm kinda clashes with the look.

Last edited:

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
Kirby doesn't work with the Project EX linked earlier... :c
Really? That's weird, well, I know nothing about the clone engine, so I can't really say anything, but it seems other people got him working. (except for hats)

MagicManNo9

yea man, looks good _b
Oh God, the timing of having issues with the net, managed to stop by a friends to upload these: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eg6jc15k1hn4utw/Icons Purple PM.rar really REALLY sorry about that, I hope this is still cool.

Kirby doesn't work with the Project EX linked earlier... :c
He doesn't? Will need to look into that just in case.

I like your CSS a lot, I made a variant of it with with normal models / some sjs to better fit my pack.

Quick question, how did you modify the background? The default purple bg for pm kinda clashes with the look.
Shalls look into it later today, will let you know when I solved it.

Really? That's weird, well, I know nothing about the clone engine, so I can't really say anything, but it seems other people got him working. (except for hats)
Oh yeah, I was thinking about how Kirby hats would work, will also add that to the list of things on my to-do list.

MagicManNo9

MagicManNo9

thanks heaps bud _b
Anytime! If you need anything just ask away!

UPDATE (ISH):

I tried my hand at creating my own CSP of Nes Mario, this is the result:

Wondering if it's too bright, I keep thinking that everytime I make a CSP...

Also fixing Nes Golf Mario up a bit:

The side segments are all over the place in the previous version (basically the patterns would appear on the sides of Mario's clothes,

I'm just being nick picky but I always say that every detail counts! There will also be a version 3 at some point in the future.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Speaking of another update, after spending a day learning and even practicing, I've finally fixed that annoying Hat thing stripe:

Will update to Version 3 of Nes Golf Mario after some changes (Got some plans to work on with this next version)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Speaking of another update, after spending a day learning and even practicing, I've finally fixed that annoying Hat thing stripe:

Will update to Version 3 of Nes Golf Mario after some changes (Got some plans to work on with this next version)
YAAAAS

I need to get this right now - this is by far my favorite Mario skin created. <3

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OH MY GOD

I DONT KNOW IF THE LIGHTING IS JUST AMAZING ON THAT STAGE BUT THOSE TEXTURES LOOK SO GOOD

Codex, I love you.

Axonn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Axonn1018
3DS FC
3454-1237-0469
Well done. The texture looks excellent!

MagicManNo9

Well done. The texture looks excellent!
Thanks! Glad people are liking this version!

UPDATE(ISH):

Here are CSP updates for Mario, going to update the DL link again, I wasn't happy with the first version of the CSP I worked on so I made this one, hope people like this!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Thanks! Glad people are liking this version!

UPDATE(ISH):

Here are CSP updates for Mario, going to update the DL link again, I wasn't happy with the first version of the CSP I worked on so I made this one, hope people like this!
Yes, this one looks better than the first one.

MagicManNo9

I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this, what do you guys think of these battle portraits?

Was debating if I should use these or not, would require me to edit a few things over and over til I get it right but I'm not entirely sure if it works or not.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this, what do you guys think of these battle portraits?

Was debating if I should use these or not, would require me to edit a few things over and over til I get it right but I'm not entirely sure if it works or not.

They look cool. I like Mario's especially.

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
Hmm, Mario looks pretty good, but I think it won't fit with some characters, also it looks a bit cropped in-game, I suppose it's because of the HUD.

MagicManNo9

They look cool. I like Mario's especially.
Thanks! I really like the toon link one.

Hmm, Mario looks pretty good, but I think it won't fit with some characters, also it looks a bit cropped in-game, I suppose it's because of the HUD.
Yeah, I was looking into Ike and Link, every time I attempted to play, something 'felt' out of place haha, for now I'll put this idea on the side of the table until I work something around it and use the default ones first.

MagicManNo9

Is it just me or does does Mario have a slight tan in some costumes and normal skin in others?
You know, it's funny you mention that cause that was what was on my mind today when I was doing some work, I decided to stick the default costumes becuase the one I used was a vibrant image of Mario for him and Fire Mario, fixed it now though:

MagicManNo9

UPDATE:

Slow update due to spending the last few days learning more and more into modding, has been a very fun experience is what I can say!

Here's the Samus update for now, new CSP's and replace the fusion suit Samus with Dark Samus:

Reason being is that the Fusion suit Samus doesn't look as good as I wanted it to be, so I switched it out with dark Samus costume. Also credit to King of Hoboz! For providing the animation!

Last edited:

Wander-VG

Smash Cadet
UPDATE:

Slow update due to spending the last few days learning more and more into modding, has been a very fun experience is what I can say!

Here's the Samus update for now, new CSP's and replace the fusion suit Samus with Dark Samus:

Reason being is that the Fusion suit Samus doesn't look as good as I wanted it to be, so I switched it out with dark Samus costume. Also credit to King of Hoboz! For providing the animation!
Samus for new main.

MagicManNo9

Samus for new main.
Agreed, even more so after I quickly edited and added these:

I swear there's just so many good Samus costumes out there, again sorry for slow updates!

I've been practicing with 3DS max working on something for a while now, (Hint, it's related to Chrom and Ike, not the recolored costume I made, more on a full costume for Ike, mainly inspired after seeing PM's Hector Ike they revealed last Tuesday) Annnnd I just realized that's more than a hint.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You said you were going to use the ice mario and fire mods right? Be aware that Doc's cape becomes glitchy. When the cape is used in the air, it stays on his hand until he gets hit or uses the cape on the ground.

MagicManNo9

You said you were going to use the ice mario and fire mods right? Be aware that Doc's cape becomes glitchy. When the cape is used in the air, it stays on his hand until he gets hit or uses the cape on the ground.
Good point, I was actually looking into it earlier and just realized that glitch as well, wondering if there's a way around it, if just using the ice mod is enough maybe I'll just stick to that.

Top Bottom