• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Character Model Customization

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
Recently I have been trying to change Toon Link's model in Project M to Young Link. The mod was intended to be used on Link, but I did not know if it would work on Toon Link. It did not work. Since I main as Link in Project M, I did not want to replace him, but wanted to use Young Link for fun with friends. Is there anyway to fix this? Also, a link to a tutorial on how to do this would be appreciated since I was mostly trying to learn it on my own.

EDIT:
I tried it with Link and it froze. So if anyone knows how to change the character models or knows where a tutorial is, a link or explanation would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Put it in pf/fighter/toonlink/FitToonLink0X.pcs

For X...

0 = default
1 = red
3 = blue
4 = purple
5 = NES colors
6 = Dark Toon Link
7 = Outset Island Tunic

Last edited:

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
Awesome, thanks! To add it in as a second alternate, would I name it FitToonLink08.pcs?

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
No, that's not how adding more palette slots works. Each character only has so many slots for palettes. Adding more requires you to edit the codeset, and I cannot tell you how to do that.

Nadaph

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nadaph
Ok, thanks for all of the help. I would not want to try messing with the codeset. Also do I need to change the .pac files?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
The pac is optional for most characters as it's only used on replays and single player modes. For Bowser, Wario, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur you will need both the pac and the pcs for them to work properly.

Top Bottom