• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M by USB?

RedShadoww

Smash Rookie
Is there anyway to play Project M without an SD card? My wii has this problem where the SD card never stays in place and pops out the moment you put it in (I can hold it in place but theres no way I can play anything like that..). Is there any way I can play Project M with an external HDD? My wii is softmodded if that helps.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There is a (complicated) way but due to legal reasons, we are unfortunately not allowed to talk about it here because the same means that would be used to make it run USB only would also give the user the means enable their Wii to perform piracy.

RedShadoww

Smash Rookie
There is a (complicated) way but due to legal reasons, we are unfortunately not allowed to talk about it here because the same means that would be used to make it run USB only would also give the user the means enable their Wii to perform piracy.
Aww man :( It really sucks having to miss out on this.

RedShadoww

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's just the thing that holds the SD card in place isnt there but the spring that helps it pop out is. The person who fixed my wii probably forgot to put it in.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I see... I think it could be fixable. Playing this with the SD card taped into the slot int he meantime might work, lol.

RedShadoww

Smash Rookie
I see... I think it could be fixable. Playing this with the SD card taped into the slot int he meantime might work, lol.
Ahaha believe it or not I've actually tried that a couple times..that spring is just too strong. Maybe duct tape would work but..I don't wanna try that.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Use WiiScrubber.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it was MLG who didn't like us talking about mods before the forum switch. If this still isn't allowed, hopefully a mod decides to censor me before they warn me :)

You can use WiiScrubber to modify an iso of any Wii game. If you own a Brawl disc, then create an iso from it, then use WiiScrubber to manually overwrite the Brawl files with the Project: M ones. After that, you'll be able to USB load Project M directly from the modified iso.

RedShadoww

Smash Rookie
Use WiiScrubber.

Edit: I'm pretty sure it was MLG who didn't like us talking about mods before the forum switch. If this still isn't allowed, hopefully a mod decides to censor me before they warn me :)

You can use WiiScrubber to modify an iso of any Wii game. If you own a Brawl disc, then create an iso from it, then use WiiScrubber to manually overwrite the Brawl files with the Project: M ones. After that, you'll be able to USB load Project M directly from the modified iso.
Hmm..I'll try that. Thanks for the tip :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Thank you for the clarifications, Arcalyth. I was unaware of such potential policy changes.

Top Bottom