• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M bug- A nonexistant costume stage "exists"

Ultra7

Smash Rookie
Good night my friends. I have been facing a damaging bug while running Project M. Whenever I choose a Stage, it freezes, but it's triggered by an enigmatic event. I have no Custom Stages saved on the SD Card, however, for unknown reasons far to my knowledge, whenever I go to the Stage Maker to load PM it says there is one created custom stage, even if there isn't one in reality. This is strange, since I have formatted the SD Card various times throughout the ages. I let my natural instincts control me and I made the decision and decided to use another SD Card. I had the same peculiar event. The custom stage is not from the Wii, I also checked that. This enigma bugs me, and I cannot enjoy the pleasure that is the masterpiece known as Project M.

Ginge

Smash Ace
When you tried the download to a new SD card, did you also try a fresh download of Project M? Or did you use the same files/download that you used already?

Ultra7

Smash Rookie
I utilized the exact files from nohomebrew.zip, which are the same files that were copied on both SD Cards. Judging by your first question, maybe it's a recommendation I download Project M again?

Rage83

Smash Ace
The "nonexistent stage" when loading up Project M is literally the way Project M loads.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That would be the stage builder file we use to launch Project M. It isn't an actual file, so it freezes Brawl. Take out your SD Card whenever you want to play Brawl.

Wrathchild

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem that Ultra7 is talking about, but the thing is, we can't start Project M at all, it worked the first time I did it (yesterday night), turned off my wii and tried to run it today again, but I get a blank stage that is in the SD card that wasn't there before, the game tries to load and then I get this error screen.
I don't want to play Brawl, I want to keep playing P:M, but it's not letting me

That would be the stage builder file we use to launch Project M. It isn't an actual file, so it freezes Brawl. Take out your SD Card whenever you want to play Brawl.

Attachments

Top Bottom