• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M + BrawlEx + CSS Expansion 2.0

dizzydj7

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if there's any way to get Phantom Wing's Unstable CSS Expansion 2.0 to work with the PM+BrawlEx V.0.5 build by @PyotrLuzhin

I tried replacing the files manually (MenSelchrPos_TopN.mdl0 and MenSelchrPos_TopN__0.chr0 in sc_selcharacter.pac, and MiscData[13].rel in common3.pac). Modifying sc_selcharacter.pac worked fine (though it made no visible changes), but after modifying common3.pac, I end up with an empty CSS (and I made sure CSSRoster.dat was there!)

I was able to get it working with V.0.2 of PM+BrawlEx. I'm only having problems with V.0.5. Is there any explanation to this? How can I make Project M, BrawlEx, and BrawlEx CSS Expansion 2.0 all work together? I could really use the ability to load character portraits from my SD card.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Protocol.Tin

Smash Cadet
There is. I know I did it with some trial and error, but it's been a while since I performed it. I'll get back to you on it once I configure it again.

dizzydj7

Smash Rookie
Awesome! Thanks so much. I was afraid I'd get a reply saying that it wasn't possible.

Top Bottom