• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Box Art (Printable)

210stuna

Smash Lord
I've done a large update with a bunch of alternate covers on the top of the thread. There are a total of 8 ones I've made to choose from so far.
There are options for no more Wi-fi icons and M for manly covers for both Smash Logo and no Smash Logo versions.
Thank you.
A million thank yous

Runathir

Smash Rookie
This stuff is pretty dang awesome, yo. I've been planning to surprise a couple of my best mates who I don't see much with PM 3.0 when we get together this weekend, and this is just another way to blow their poor minds. It's been hard keeping my mouth shut, but it's all about to pay off.

Anyway, if I may add a touch of criticism. The front looks just a bit off to me. I think it's likely the eyes. Bowser has whites, no one else does. I think they may look better with eyes, or maybe just get rid of Bowser's whites for consistency.... And that's about all I can think of, it's all very nicely done!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Can you send me a link to a newer credits list?
Not really, but I can tell you what to remove. KirbyKaze, Lucky, and Amsah haven't been playtesters since like 2011. I'd also remove the "MAGNUS: Magnus" part for two reasons: 1. His name is Magus and 2. He's already in the credits as a leader.

Xcissors

Smash Rookie
This stuff is pretty dang awesome, yo. I've been planning to surprise a couple of my best mates who I don't see much with PM 3.0 when we get together this weekend, and this is just another way to blow their poor minds. It's been hard keeping my mouth shut, but it's all about to pay off.

Anyway, if I may add a touch of criticism. The front looks just a bit off to me. I think it's likely the eyes. Bowser has whites, no one else does. I think they may look better with eyes, or maybe just get rid of Bowser's whites for consistency.... And that's about all I can think of, it's all very nicely done!

I tried adding removing Bowser's whites before, it just looked weirder to me. You're free to add the eyes if you want, it wouldn't be too hard to do.
MS Paint has decent paintbrushes now, and it shouldn't be hard to replicate the crappy brushstroke style I went with.

Xcissors

Smash Rookie
Not really, but I can tell you what to remove. KirbyKaze, Lucky, and Amsah haven't been playtesters since like 2011. I'd also remove the "MAGNUS: Magnus" part for two reasons: 1. His name is Magus and 2. He's already in the credits as a leader.
I'll update it in some update some time. Everytime a change is made I now have to process 8 pictures and mockups! (Though I might skip the mockups this time.)

Xcissors

Smash Rookie
By request, I made a wallpaper from the art I made. It's 1080p. Check it out by clicking here.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Have you tried adding eyes to the characters on the front? I feel if they're added properly they can take this box art from great to fantastic. Otherwise, this is exactly how I'd picture PMBR doing a box art for Project M.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I hate Kapersky. It came with my Windows 8 and almost screwed me over. It was hogging up 63% of my CPU's processor so I could never play Dolphin correctly.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I hate Kapersky. It came with my Windows 8 and almost screwed me over. It was hogging up 63% of my CPU's processor so I could never play Dolphin correctly.
AND WITH THAT.

I THINK I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT'S SLOWING DOWN MY BROTHERS COMPUTER.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
Not the M for Manly version.
No super smash brothers logo on it.

5/10 you tried so hard and got so far.
in the end it doesn't even matter.
Stop being so negative and appreciate the fine art work Xcissors did.
btw I understood the song reference

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Stop being so negative and appreciate the fine art work Xcissors did.
btw I understood the song reference
I was just poking fun at the specific version you chose to print when he gave you many options.

I'm not saying yours was wrong, I just wanted to make a joke about you not choosing the far superior MANLY SUPER SMASH BROTHERS PROJECT M

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
By any chance could you make the 3D version compatible with USB LOADER GX? I tried downloading some cover programs and then editting that with gimp and then scaling it to fit and after all that it worked technically, but didn't hold up the quality or look identical to the "official" 3D covers.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
By any chance could you make the 3D version compatible with USB LOADER GX? I tried downloading some cover programs and then editting that with gimp and then scaling it to fit and after all that it worked technically, but didn't hold up the quality or look identical to the "official" 3D covers.
I would also like one of these

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
How about a version with content rated by the PMBR? Love the cover art btw.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I don't get it. I mean Roy and Mewtwo sure, but why are Charizard and Lucario there? Why those characters specifically?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I think that Charizard/Lucario should be swapped with characters that have more.. I dunno, presence. Maybe Mario, since he's like, the face of everything Nintendo, or Fox because He's like a god or something in Smash(from what I gather). There could be other characters that would be better fitting, but those are just a couple off the top of my head.

True_Hylian

Smash Rookie
NNID
EspionagePro
  • I was just wondering if this looks good printed out on normal paper. But this looks awesome by the way!

Clontox

Smash Rookie
This is by far the best custom box art for Project M. However, I feel like Mewtwo and Roy should have more dynamic screenshots. If I supplied you with some would you consider applying them?

I think Charizard and Lucario should be replaced with Sonic and Snake.

I think Charizard is there because Fire Emblem and dragons I guess? and Lucario is probably there because he replaced Mewtwo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
This is by far the best custom box art for Project M. However, I feel like Mewtwo and Roy should have more dynamic screenshots. If I supplied you with some would you consider applying them?

I think Charizard and Lucario should be replaced with Sonic and Snake.

I think Charizard is there because Fire Emblem and dragons I guess? and Lucario is probably there because he replaced Mewtwo.
Charizard = Fire Emblem?

Top Bottom