• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Black Screen after pressing "Play" in the launcher

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Hi. I recently downloaded the latest version of Project M manually due to not being connected to the internet (My internet is out,) I did everything as follows, but when I go to the launcher and press Play I get a black screen that goes to nothing. Since I am on the Wii U the only way to shut it off is to unplug the console. After multiple attempts of redownloading the client I gave up. Any ideas?

Things to keep in mind:
I have everything necessary for the proper installation of the game
I'm using a Wii U, so I am using vWii
I have tried the Riivolution method
I have tried the Hackless and Homebrew methods

farsight2000

Smash Rookie
I had a similar problem on my Wii where it would stay on that black screen for longer than usual and then reset the console. Apparently my gameconfig.txt file was accidentally moved from the root of the SD Card to the projectm folder. Moving it back fixed the issue for me.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Oddly enough once I got internet back it seemed to work again. Strange

Top Bottom