• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesdays: Shogun Dedede

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is it safe to download Project M on the Wii Menu on my Wii U? I'm a little skeptical about all this.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
This eases the pain of Takamaru being an Assist Trophy in Smash 4. ;v;

well not really but this is still cool

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
First of all, the top knot is supposed to look like hair, not feathers. Samurais, being Japanese, had black hair.

Second of all, just because you don't like something doesn't mean the people who made it know nothing about artistic design. I'm willing to bet they know more about artistic design and have put more thought into the costumes than you.

Third of all, the PMBR didn't come up with the design for this costume themselves. It's based off of one of Dedede's appearances in the Kirby games. Do a little research before you act like you know things.
Excuse me for not knowing everything about Kirby games? The only one I ever played was Super Delux, and even then I barely played it.

All the other PM costumes thus far have been more or less original, with the exception of the Light Suit Samus. Why wouldn't I assume this was an original creation?

Also, wow, can I not think something is ugly wothout you getting so completely buttblasted? Rude much? I didn't insult your mother, I said a color scheme was ugly. I like everything else about the costume. Stay mad, then.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Is it safe to download Project M on the Wii Menu on my Wii U? I'm a little skeptical about all this.
Yes it is. But there is one thing you have to keep in mind, though with the wii U. You have to put the SD Card in after you boot up the Wii Menu thing. Otherwise, the Wii U will try to delete the data on the SD card not knowing what it is.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yes it is. But there is one thing you have to keep in mind, though with the wii U. You have to put the SD Card in after you boot up the Wii Menu thing. Otherwise, the Wii U will try to delete the data on the SD card not knowing what it is.
So, whenever I finish playing Project M, I would have to remove the SD Card whenever I go back to the Wii U menu or turning it off. And when I start playing it again I can put the SD Card back into the slot while on the Wii Menu.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Again, I had no idea this was an official getup. It doesn't change my opinion of it as an ugly color scheme. PM has done plenty of original costumes or ones inspired by other things, I don't think it's outlandish to change the red to a more fitting color.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Those eyebrows.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The costume is cute...
But hopefully this doesn't disqualify the more iconic Masked Dedede

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
This impresses me gratly..... first time I ever took notice to PM after Wario's abomination. Great work with the model

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, whenever I finish playing Project M, I would have to remove the SD Card whenever I go back to the Wii U menu or turning it off. And when I start playing it again I can put the SD Card back into the slot while on the Wii Menu.
Thinking more on it, also. The Quick start menu will allow you to bypass this by going straight to the Wii menu. So you could just do that, also. The info I got it from was before the update existed.

Last edited:

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
All the other PM costumes thus far have been more or less original, with the exception of the Light Suit Samus. Why wouldn't I assume this was an original creation?
No, that's really not correct. The only characters who's alt design isn't completely based off something that already exists are DK, Lucario, Squirtle, and ROB... kind of. Everything else is taken from another game.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Awesome. Nostalgic and brilliant.

I'd love to see a new costume for Ness wearing Ninten's style of clothing.

And for Wario, though I haven't played this game, I'd like to see Wario: Master of Disguise costume.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
No, that's really not correct. The only characters who's alt design isn't completely based off something that already exists are DK, Lucario, Squirtle, and ROB... kind of. Everything else is taken from another game.
Which was enough for me to assume this was original, since I had never seen or heard of it before. We wouldn't even be having this insipid conversation if @ The Derrit The Derrit had simply mentioned that this was from Kirby Super Star or whatever, but alas.

I still think it looks ugly. Wanna fight about it? SmashFromThePast sure had some choice words.

Last edited:

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Which was enough for me to assume this was original, since I had never seen or heard of it before. We wouldn't even be having this insipid conversation if @TheDerrit had simply mentioned that this was from Kirby Super Star or whatever, but alas.

I still think it looks ugly. Wanna fight about it? SmashFromThePast sure had some choice words.
Enough to assume it's original? Dude, that's 4 out of the 17 existing alternates that are original designs. Why wouldn't you assume vice-versa?

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Enough to assume it's original? Dude, that's 4 out of the 17 existing alternates that are original designs. Why wouldn't you assume vice-versa?
So you do want to fight about it?

I am not a Kirby fan outside of Smash. I know next to nothing about those games and I don't enjoy playing them. Why is it hard to understand that since I had never seen anything remotely like Dedede's costume up there, that I assumed it was another original design? It wasn't mentioned in the original post nor in the first dozen or so comments. I feel I made a reasonable mistake. Get off my case and stay mad.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer

I am not a Kirby fan outside of Smash. I know next to nothing about those games and I don't enjoy playing them. Why is it hard to understand that since I had never seen anything remotely like Dedede's costume up there, that I assumed it was another original design? It wasn't mentioned in the original post nor in the first dozen or so comments. I feel I made a reasonable mistake. Get off my case and stay mad.
Knock it off.

The only person mad here is you. Getting the last word is not the be all end all here. All you had to say was 'I didn't know, still not a fan,' and left it at that. No one else is throwing out fighting words, so just stop please. Plenty of other people here have been able to say they didn't like it civilly, I'm sure you can do the same.

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
Knock it off.

The only person mad here is you. Getting the last word is not the be all end all here. All you had to say was 'I didn't know, still not a fan,' and left it at that. No one else is throwing out fighting words, so just stop please. Plenty of other people here have been able to say they didn't like it civilly, I'm sure you can do the same.

◕ ‿ ◕

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I am not fond of the design. It is not aesthetically pleasing, I feel comfortable asserting such because I enjoy every other costume. So one bad costume is no fur off my back.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
:mario:A Vampire costume is much needed ! The dark ages needs some loving!! Sonic does look sweet in that armor so... more knights n VAMPIRES

D

Deleted member

All the other PM costumes thus far have been more or less original, with the exception of the Light Suit Samus.
Nope. Most are very accurate or slightly altered interpretations of costumes designed by Nintendo.

Also, wow, can I not think something is ugly wothout you getting so completely buttblasted? Rude much?
It wasn't that you thought it was ugly. It was your little jab about the PMBR not knowing "artistic design" when in reality it was you who was lacking in knowledge, but don't let that stop you from getting overly defensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gef

Smash Cadet
Excuse me for not knowing everything about Kirby games? The only one I ever played was Super Delux, and even then I barely played it.

Also, wow, can I not think something is ugly wothout you getting so completely buttblasted? Rude much? I didn't insult your mother, I said a color scheme was ugly. I like everything else about the costume. Stay mad, then.
None of the PM alt costumes are original creations. They are all nods to other games. You are extremely ignorant about these things.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Nope. Most are very accurate or slightly altered interpretations of costumes designed by Nintendo.
It wasn't that you thought it was ugly. It was your little jab about the PMBR not knowing "artistic design" when in reality it was you who was lacking in knowledge, but don't let that stop you from getting overly defensive.
There is no justification for the rude way in which you were talking to me. Don't even start. Derrit is already on my back.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Warning Received
None of the PM alt costumes are original creations. They are all nods to other games. You are extremely ignorant about these things.
This is so ****ing beside the point by now, it's not even funny.

How about Lucario's outfit, huh? I play a lot of Pokemon. I understand the Focus Sash and such, but the karate gi getup is an original design. Now get off your high horse and leave me alone.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman

It wasn't mentioned in the original post nor in the first dozen or so comments.
Here's a quote from the OP.

"This week's costume is inspired by the Kirby Super Star Quick Draw minigame: it belongs to none other than Shogun Dedede!"

So another reason why your mistake isn't really reasonable. And no, I don't want to "fight", I want to put up a reasonable argument against you. I was also never really mad, but I might not say the same for you.

I didn't edit in that bold text, by the way.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Here's a quote from the OP.

"This week's costume is inspired by the Kirby Super Star Quick Draw minigame: it belongs to none other than Shogun Dedede!"

So another reason why your mistake isn't really reasonable. And no, I don't want to "fight", I want to put up a reasonable argument against you. I was also never really mad, but I might not say the same for you.

I didn't edit in that bold text, by the way.
Derrit added that in after the fact. Drop it.

Top Bottom