• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday - Retro Falcon Enters The Fray!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
On this week's edition of Project M Art Tuesday, the PMDT decided to put a new twist on an old favorite. Captain Falcon's bodacious body was in need of more clothes to bring out his testosterone levels, and this is just the retro look to really show off Captain Falcon's style.

Dear lord.

Hey Link, how would you like some JUSTICE?!

C'MON!

SHOW ME YOUR MOVES. (God, please put him in MK8.)

He's so beautiful.

No Sonic, you're too slow.
The PMDT took cues from 90s action shows and comic books, and of course, the SNES F-Zero game to ultimately come out with this retro, beautiful new ensemble for the manliest man in Super Smash Bros. With the hip leather jacket, the Falcon boots, and the brand new gloves, who knows? Maybe you won't pick Pink Falcon this time around. Probably not, but maybe.

Here's the source material for the new alt!

KhanYe wonders what they did with Captain Falcon's nipples. Help me find them by hitting him up on Twitter @rbdayman. (Yeah I changed my Twitter handle, that one guy who followed me on Twitter.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm calling the following comments being akin to:

"OOOOOOH NOSTALGIA WHOOOOOO"

:seuss:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
This is beautiful. Though like you said, I might just end up going with Pink Falcon like always, but maybe not.

Spire

III
BRoomer
With Classic Pit and now Retro Captain Falcon, Project M is paying respect to history like Smash has never done before. It's nice to see a blend of original costumes the likes of Ninja Squirtle mixed with reimagined classic outings as this. Keep the punches coming.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

I'd sub falcon for this costume

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they add Hyrule Warriors' Link! And Bikini Zamus

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
:falconmelee:And Now That I'm Not Just A Dreamer...........:falconmelee:
:falconmelee:Forever He Will Be My Hero...........:falconmelee:

Never actually played the gamecube F-Zero but this made me think of that wonderful song.

EDIT: This was edited to fix a lyric.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
:falconmelee:And Now That I'm Not Just A Hero...........:falconmelee:
:falconmelee:Forever He Will Be My Hero...........:falconmelee:

Never actually played the gamecube F-Zero but this made me think of that wonderful song.
I imported the whole soundtrack JUST FOR THAT SONG.
And maybe for the rest of the soundtrack too....

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My only reaction to this:
YESZ!
Now let's watch Sakurai top this with thong Falcon.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Wow good job to whoever called this i cant remember your name but i remember the picture that you posted good guess m8. I didnt see this one coming for for PMBR sure does suprise me with the stuff they do on these alts and recolors.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That Captain Falcon looks awesome. I didn't think it would look different enough to warrant being a costume, but I'm glad I was wrong. Now I'm wanting to see an Original Falcon suit in Smash 4. But I don't know if it'll happen.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I'm more concerned about his eyes than I am his nipples. You can't have Falcon without the glowy eyes. :4falcon:

Zero Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zero_Kirby
3DS FC
3909-7524-8639
Switch FC
SW 7923-7756-9289
This is only one of the best things ever.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, with the amount of hype this guy brings, they should revive his franchise. If the racing genre is the issue, give him a do-it-all kind of game with racing, platforming, action, etc. I could picture a new Falcon game with him playing less as a racer and more of a hero. Not to mention, he could be a comical character with his masculinity.

I'm just trying to put together why they haven't made some kind of game based on him lately.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, with the amount of hype this guy brings, they should revive his franchise. If the racing genre is the issue, give him a do-it-all kind of game with racing, platforming, action, etc. I could picture a new Falcon game with him playing less as a racer and more of a hero. Not to mention, he could be a comical character with his masculinity.

I'm just trying to put together why they haven't made some kind of game based on him lately.
It should be a fighting game, racing hybrid with custom attacks and moves and more uses for boost power outside merely boosting, add a level editor and a great set of tracks and a great online mode of 20 people per race, as well as battle modes and a totally new story mode and soundtrack. Advertise the Falcon like they did chrom for awakening and you can bet the marketing will be awesome.

Top Bottom