• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday: Big Boss Snake!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Very nice. Looks well done and attractive.

I still think the Dedede costume looks dumb.

And this has nothing to do with costumes at all, but I'm not a fan of Snake's tranquilizer gun. I would have rather they improved the missile instead of replacing it. But that's niether here nor there.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Do Diddy Kong next.
We need the Chunky Kong cosplay Diddy.
Imagine him with the tiny hat and vest.
Best Alt. 2014.

Gef

Smash Cadet
Very nice. Looks well done and attractive.

And this has nothing to do with costumes at all, but I'm not a fan of Snake's tranquilizer gun. I would have rather they improved the missile instead of replacing it. But that's niether here nor there.
Dedede costume tho

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Funnily enough, I already using this texture in my modded project M, guess I don't need to re add that in when the update comes.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Dedede costume tho
What is the exact thought or feeling you are trying to convey with your meme speech? The only conclusion I can draw is that a costume for Dedede is important enough for you that you scarcely care what it is. Am I wrong?

I just choose to be picky. I think Samurai Dedede looks ugly. We should probably keep this to private messages, though. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
:troll:needs more Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake...

I take that back, needs more MGS2 Raiden.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I really, really want Skyward Sword Zelda as an alt for Zelda. I know that Link and Ganondorf went with their Ocarina of Time appearances (though Link has his Skyward Sword Master Sword), but I feel Ocarina of Time Zelda is a bit too similar to Twilight Princess Zelda in design and I'd prefer going with a much more noticably different costume with SS Zelda. Particularly her Ceremony Costume. Plus, it would go very well with the Skyloft Stage they put in...which really should have Ballad of the Goddess playing on it instead of OoT Hyrule Field, in my opinion.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't know about you guys but I would like to see some Re-Colored Sneaking Suits for Snake.
MGS2 Raiden
The Boss
His Twin Snakes look.
You know give him the Sonic Treatment! :ness:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Seconding Sumo Link.
It's awesome to see Snake's costumes getting some love; his normal ones lacked a bit of flair.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Ever since the announcement I heard nothing but praise. I'm glad I'm not the only one. It had potential but seemed poorly executed.
I have never been happier for an alternate costume. I am so glad the PMDT did this. As for the next character I'd like to see.... I think a classic art Falcon would be rad.

Estwood

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
Ever since the announcement I heard nothing but praise. I'm glad I'm not the only one. It had potential but seemed poorly executed.
I have never been happier for an alternate costume. I am so glad the PMDT did this. As for the next character I'd like to see.... I think a classic art Falcon would be rad.
Is it me, or does he Falcon in this picture look like Mad Max?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Still waiting for Raichu..been waiting since the Melee days.. ; _ ;
I kind of don't think they'll do Raichu for Pikachu due to being unable to change voices with alts and this seems like something that would bother the Project M team similar to their reasonings for not doing different characters like Daisy for Peach due to being unable to change the name/voice.

I actually just added a Raichu (and Wartortle) costume into my Project M myself since its really only going to be me and some more casual friends playing it anyway.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
The skin looks great. Personally, I would love to see Zelda from Skyward Sword, or Masked Dedede.

But I have to point this out; it's okay for Solid Snake's skin to be Big Boss, technically a different character, but it is not okay for Sonic's alternate skins to be Shadow and Silver? I'm not an advocate for those two, per say, but just saying...

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Are they putting extra range on the knife?
I doubt it. Looking at his frame data it seems the hitboxes extend farther than his knife did. I think they're just changing the animation and model to reflect those hitboxes. I could be wrong but that's my assumption.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
The skin looks great. Personally, I would love to see Zelda from Skyward Sword, or Masked Dedede.

But I have to point this out; it's okay for Solid Snake's skin to be Big Boss, technically a different character, but it is not okay for Sonic's alternate skins to be Shadow and Silver? I'm not an advocate for those two, per say, but just saying...
I have to agree with you. Big Boss is technically a different character, he is not Solid Snake. Maybe they try and say that Solid Snake is just in Big Boss' costume...

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622

The announcer just calls him Snake though, so I take it as a clever nod to his games. :p

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
tumblr_n1da0hYrrV1sldpvko1_1280.png
My new favorite alt. Now if only we could get Excalibur Sonic
There is actually already an Excalibur and it works online found it on Brawl Vault been using it for awhile now.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

Well, in Snake Eater, his name was 'Snake'...and Snake in Smash Bros, while Solid Snake, is only called 'Snake' and even references Naked Snake/Big Boss by having a beard, which Snake himself has never had since he's only had a bit of stubble..plus all of Snake's alt textures were Naked Snake's suits..so its not a bad alt really. He could also be similar to Marth's alt and be Snake 'cosplaying' as Big Boss since they are identical.

Plus Shadow wouldn't work for Sonic due to Shadow having a different name and running animation while Silver has entirely different powers and isn't fast like Sonic.

I also want Skyward Sword Zelda..that's my most wanted costume.

Last edited:
Top Bottom