• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6b Problems

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
So I decided to download Project M for my old Wii. I had absolutely nothing on it and the SD card that I own is 2GB, NOT SDHC and is unlocked.
I extracted all 5 files onto the SD card using WinRAR, safely removed it from my computer.
I booted up my Wii, put Brawl in (Which has no custom stages on it as well as any kind of save data), put my SD card in and started Brawl.
But whenever I go to the stage builder it just acts normally like the SD card with PM on it wasn't there.
I have followed tons of steps and tutorials and it just doesn't work.
So any tips? Did I miss anything? I really want to play Project M so any help would be amazing!
Thanks!

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
So I decided to download Project M for my old Wii. I had absolutely nothing on it and the SD card that I own is 2GB, NOT SDHC and is unlocked.
I extracted all 5 files onto the SD card using WinRAR, safely removed it from my computer.
I booted up my Wii, put Brawl in (Which has no custom stages on it as well as any kind of save data), put my SD card in and started Brawl.
But whenever I go to the stage builder it just acts normally like the SD card with PM on it wasn't there.
I have followed tons of steps and tutorials and it just doesn't work.
So any tips? Did I miss anything? I really want to play Project M so any help would be amazing!
Thanks!
Did you put BootMii on your wii to make it so the wii can recognize that pm is on the sd card? Otherwise i would recommend reformatting your sd card to either FAT or FAT32.

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
Did you put BootMii on your wii to make it so the wii can recognize that pm is on the sd card? Otherwise i would recommend reformatting your sd card to either FAT or FAT32.
I now have BootMii on my wii, does this mean that I should download the Homebrew version of PM? I also formatted my SD Card to Fat32

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
no, if you have the hackless version of pm it should work by just going into the stage builder menu. be patient, as in the menu it might take a bit before starting up.

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
So everything is on the SD Card, I turned on the Wii, inserted my SD Card, inserted Brawl and waited a good 5 minutes on the menu screen but the stage builder still comes up as normal...

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
So everything is on the SD Card, I turned on the Wii, inserted my SD Card, inserted Brawl and waited a good 5 minutes on the menu screen but the stage builder still comes up as normal...
are you sure you have the hackless version of pm on the sd card?

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
Yes I am 100% positive. The Zip file I have is named "nohomebrew.zip" and contains the codes, private and projectm folders as well as the boot.elf and gameconfig.txt. I extracted everything there into the SD Card

Last edited:

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling that all of this is because I own a PAL version not a NTSC version of Brawl

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling that all of this is because I own a PAL version not a NTSC version of Brawl
That is probably the problem. Unfortunately there isn't a PAL version of pm yet, so you could either get a NTSC with an NTSC copy of brawl just to play pm, or wait it out until they make a PAL version. Sorry I couldn't solve your problem.

Cyntonic

Smash Rookie
Ok...
Honestly I really don't want to spend even more time getting a NTSC version of Brawl. I'll just wait it out until they release a PAL version of PM. For now I guess SM4SH will have to do while I wait :) Thank you so much for your help.

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
Ok...
Honestly I really don't want to spend even more time getting a NTSC version of Brawl. I'll just wait it out until they release a PAL version of PM. For now I guess SM4SH will have to do while I wait :) Thank you so much for your help.
No problem, you can always play melee instead. Also i don't know much about getting pm to work in dolphin on your computer, but that might be worth trying. Just don't spend too much time on it. Have fun playing whatever smash game you want!

Top Bottom