• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6: VR32 Edition (NOW AVAILABLE!)

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
Hello again mate. Your build seems to be doing pretty well. Got alot more views than mine ever did lol. Anyways, cud I bug ya one last time ask how you got your page logo to show up even when logged out. I'm just now using one for the first time, but it only seems to show when I'm logged in. How do I make it so it shows properly even when viewing my page as a guest, if ya don't mind me askin.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Hello again mate. Your build seems to be doing pretty well. Got alot more views than mine ever did lol. Anyways, cud I bug ya one last time ask how you got your page logo to show up even when logged out. I'm just now using one for the first time, but it only seems to show when I'm logged in. How do I make it so it shows properly even when viewing my page as a guest, if ya don't mind me askin.
I just uploaded the logo to imgur and inserted the image URL into the OP using the image URL tool. It should work no problem! Good luck dude!

schavira

Smash Journeyman
Geez dude, you could just not put the sound folder in your SD card and you wouldn't have to worry about the music.
Yeah, and then have the music/stages be a total mess.

Calm down dude, lol. Firstly, this is MY PERSONAL mod that I am simply sharing with the community. Everyone has their own taste in music, and I am sure I could find something about your tastes that I dislike, but I am not gonna make an issue over it. In addition, the custom expansion stages only offer a single brstm track by default, so I picked a fitting song with an energetic vibe to it. Sometimes it was an OST track, sometimes it was a remix. I cant imagine you would rather hear a bunch of random subspace emissary and menu tracks on these stages, lol. There are also a lot of OST tracks from various games I sprinkled throughout the build. On a side note, I have listed in this thread every single song that I implemented into my build with its corresponding stage and brstm code, so feel free to sift through and put something together that floats your boat.
Yeah, it is your personal build, as I have my own and so do many others, but the difference is you also chose to put it online. People critique builds all of the time and I have never seen someone get so defensive as I have here. It is not the end of the world. Just don't claim to have added a 'tasteful' soundtrack when you did what countless other modders have already done to death: add metal and dubstep tracks. The wording led me to believe it was authentic game music and clearly I was wrong. Its not only misleading but also make me not want to play your mod, and sure enough I deleted it.

Everyone has their own taste in music, and I am sure I could find something about your tastes that I dislike, but I am not gonna make an issue over it.
The difference is that you are never going to find out my taste, because it is irrelevant to Smash Bros. That's the issue with this kind of thing: it has nothing to do with the game and it lets the outside world seep into Smash. It is like those mods that add 5 Naurto characters and Deadpool for no apparent reason other than the author wanted them in there. It just seems counter to the feel of the game and if you are truly going to market your pack as being 'authentic' to the Nintendo spirit then you shouldn't really tweak it into oblivion. Some things are better left untouched. That is just my take.

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and then have the music/stages be a total mess.

Yeah, it is your personal build, as I have my own and so do many others, but the difference is you also chose to put it online. People critique builds all of the time and I have never seen someone get so defensive as I have here. It is not the end of the world. Just don't claim to have added a 'tasteful' soundtrack when you did what countless other modders have already done to death: add metal and dubstep tracks. The wording led me to believe it was authentic game music and clearly I was wrong. Its not only misleading but also make me not want to play your mod, and sure enough I deleted it.

The difference is that you are never going to find out my taste, because it is irrelevant to Smash Bros. That's the issue with this kind of thing: it has nothing to do with the game and it lets the outside world seep into Smash. It is like those mods that add 5 Naurto characters and Deadpool for no apparent reason other than the author wanted them in there. It just seems counter to the feel of the game and if you are truly going to market your pack as being 'authentic' to the Nintendo spirit then you shouldn't really tweak it into oblivion. Some things are better left untouched. That is just my take.
When I claimed "tasteful music" I meant quality remixes and OSTs that are within the realm of video games; unlike some people who add straight up irrelevant tracks to their build. It is not my fault you read "tasteful CUSTOM music" and interpreted that as "authentic OST only". If you refer to the OP, it even states the presence of remixes. ("Tasteful custom music including electronic, rock, and metal remixes" ) I even took the time to present all of the content in a detailed outline so you could have made a decision before downloading. In addition, the remixes I used were created by very talented artists, and many thousands of people would agree. To come out of nowhere and dis them is arrogant. I never marketed the build as authentic to the Nintendo spirit, I marketed it as maintaining an authentic Project M 3.6 feel. I honored that claim by refraining from EX characters, hitbox/bone edits, irrelevant character textures, and altering competitive stages.

Last edited:

schavira

Smash Journeyman
When I claimed "tasteful music" I meant quality remixes and OSTs that are within the realm of video games; unlike some people who add straight up irrelevant tracks to their build. It is not my fault you read "tasteful CUSTOM music" and interpreted that as "authentic OST only". If you refer to the OP, it even states the presence of remixes. ("Tasteful custom music including electronic, rock, and metal remixes" ) I even took the time to present all of the content in a detailed outline so you could have made a decision before downloading. In addition, the remixes I used were created by very talented artists, and many thousands of people would agree. To come out of nowhere and dis them is arrogant. I never marketed the build as authentic to the Nintendo spirit, I marketed it as maintaining an authentic Project M 3.6 feel. I honored that claim by refraining from EX characters, hitbox/bone edits, irrelevant character textures, and altering competitive stages.
Yeah, and frankly I don't think those tracks fit the 'authentic Project M 3.6 feel' if you follow anything the PMDT were actually doing. The mod is more than hitboxes/bones/textures. I don't think there is a single instance of the PMDT ever inserting some random remix in place of the original Brawl track (save the new stages and menu music OPTIONS [key word]). You can claim that your mod is faithful but stuff like this just makes me want to switch back to vanilla 3.6 (which is pretty much what I did, with a few alterations). I don't think it's arrogant to 'dis' random remixes in some random mod. I just don't want to hear them. I gave them a shot and their presence is my main criticism of this pack. I am sure others feel similarly. If you don't want to take that criticism to heart then fine, I was just trying to help out.

Last edited:

alzen

Smash Rookie
Yeah, and frankly I don't think those tracks fit the 'authentic Project M 3.6 feel' if you follow anything the PMDT were actually doing. (...)
Ok, in your opinion the music don't fit the PM hack, right. But believe me, in my opinion your boss-like language doesn't fit this topic either; probably you wouldn't even mind that as people who can start discussion your way hardly ever notice anything besides their own noses.

Anyway, the creator of this mod spent a lot time putting it together, and was brave enough to share it with the community so everyone can judge his work. Maybe you can try to make something like that and let people judge it? How about that?

Honestly, I understand you have your opinion, that's great! But it would be even better if you can use more polite language. Personally, even if I do not like every track in this mod, some of them were simply amazing. I can also see how much work did it cost to put it all together. it's not a good habit to say that the dinner was bad because you did not like the sauce. As far as I know you can adjust tracks for every stage, so where's the problem?

Last edited:
Top Bottom