• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6: The Finer Details

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
LOOK AT ALL OF SAMUS'S CHANGES! HERE AT THE PMDT STUDIOS, THIS IS THE ONLY THING WE DETAIL

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit details are sad details.

totesmagotes

Smash Cadet
Ehh.. I dunno about the smoke behind R.O.B. I like to think of him as being battery powered. That smoke is well done though.

FabianM

Smash Rookie
So much love put into this. I'm currently only playing Smash 4, and I absolutly couldn't get the hang of Melee. Is it still worth looking into?

totesmagotes

Smash Cadet
@ FabianM FabianM : Yeah, if you have a Wii. For Wii U, Its a bit more complicated; your gamecube remotes won't work for it. I've found that for Melee/PM, once you get used to wavedashing, dash-dancing and edge-hogging, Smash 4 feels kind of limiting.

SuperWildYoshi

Smash Apprentice
There's a small community of players that use third party servers to play on the Wii ever since Nintendo shut down their's, but most online PM action happens on Netplay via the Dolphin emulator for their PC. If your rig is strong enough to run it, and you have the patience to set it up, I suggest you give it a shot.

For the record, I think the PMDT should venture into hosting their own servers for PM-Wii online - with some help from the community, of course. Even though online play isn't competitive, it's a fantastic way to unite and grow the player base. Sometimes I feel that advent is overlooked because competition is overvalued.
Thanks for the informative reply. I don't have a gaming computer, so that's why I would like to know if the community still plays on the Wii console itself. They should totally make a Wi-Fi server for project M. I think I speak for other people as well, not only me when I say there should be a Project M Wi-Fi server. I understand people maybe people have moved on to Smash 4 (which is a great game), but I don't think everyone has the 2000 dollar gaming computer or a Wii U.

Side note. Since Nintendo announced NX, I'm not sure about going a head and buying a Wii U this instant. E3 wasnt that good either this year, and I think Nintendo is slowly going to focus on the NX.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't think I like the Pit thing, considering how tense the scene in KI:U where his wings burned was.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Also, I'm that guy who wants to buff PM Meta Knight because he personally thinks he sucks, SO BUFF 'EM, PLEASE!!
I want his 3.02 down air back...
I really liked the idea of putting in Black Shadow and giving him the Ganon Melee moveset and then just making Ganon his own chatacter with moves that fit better with how he fights in the LoZ games (such as his neutral B changes). Though I'm sure creating a brand new Ganondorf would be a daunting task *shrug*
I always thought it'd be nice to keep the more iconic moves, such as the Sparta Kick, but the less iconic moves should be replaced with sword moves. Like his down-B could be done with his blade instead, his neutral standard could be a few blade swipes.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I always thought it'd be nice to keep the more iconic moves, such as the Sparta Kick, but the less iconic moves should be replaced with sword moves. Like his down-B could be done with his blade instead, his neutral standard could be a few blade swipes.
Better...shadow swords that materialize from nowhere and fly like telekinesis!! :o

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Supported as in saying to encourage user created content instead of threatening to shut it down. Plenty of gaming companies encourage user created content and give players the tools to do exactly that.
Are they encouraged on the beliefs that they'll help the franchises themselves gain more popularity and/or more profits or what? Why exactly are they/should they be encouraged?

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
Are they encouraged on the beliefs that they'll help the franchises themselves gain more popularity and/or more profits or what? Why exactly are they/should they be encouraged?
I'm pretty sure that's exactly why user created content is encouraged. Unless a company puts out games very quickly, keeping the player base alive means players stay interested in the game, make it more popular, more likely to buy the next version because the previous was good etc.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It invigorates a community and allows users to feel connected to the franchise outside of playing it. Smash does very well for itself in terms of user created content and the details shows in P:M that the fans are able to create quality content on par with what Nintendo creates.

D

Deleted member 245254

Them Samus updates...

You are taking a typo way too seriously.
To be fair, the "i" and "e" key are pretty darn far away from each other on a standard QWERTY-based keyboard, in this case it's more likely to have actually been a lack of advanced Pokemon mechanics...but it could also have just been a brain-fart.

Mike Voss-Trikstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mikevoss7
3DS FC
4098-4453-7864
Brawl? you mean Melee?

What I'm saying is Now that smash 4 is here, Barley anyone plays PM and brawl. Smash 64 does not exist.
Not true. The PM community is rapidly growing, Brawl is still played once in a while for fun, and the N64 players haven't gone anywhere.

Project M 3.6 is on the horizon, and the PMDT has been busy showing off some of the new things we can expect to see in the latest version of the popular Brawl mod. Today, the PMDT is showing off some of the more minute details that have been added! It's clear the developers have gone to great lengths to touch up even the most minor of details to make their game look and feel better. Their latest batch of screens give the public a look at some new Samus details, Mewtwo's new-look Shadow Ball, a neat addition to Pit's glide animation, and a couple of other costume-specific goodies! Take a look below to see what they've been up to.

Samus' visor and suit lights now glow!

Her blue team costume has also been retextured.

Don't worry - these changes also apply to her alternate costumes.

See? Consistency!

Each suit has also received custom boosters. Talk about detail!

Mewtwo did some EV training and the result was this new and improved Shadow Ball!

Melee Ganon has his old sword back! Link doesn't stand a chance, now.

In a neat homage to the original story of Icarus, Pit's wings catch on fire when his glide is almost up!

This is maybe the coolest of all: DS ROB has animated wheels and custom smoke that trails behind him!
---

What do you think of these new details? Are there any that you would like to see added in the future? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit loves all the little changes to Samus. Too bad she's not picked very often in competition! Talk PM with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.
These additions are dope but I wish I had waited to play it so I would be surprised. I hope there are a lot of other new additions! (Maybe Pichu!)---------> sarcasm

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
Lovin' the DS kart costume for R.O.B. It brings me back fond memories that I had with Mario Kart DS. Would be great to have him in again as future MK8 DLC.

Oh, and Samus is looking really awesome as well!

Last edited:

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
I love way too many of these changes. Particularly the Pit and ROB ones. PMDT may struggle with release dates, but they always make up for it in fantastic details.

Wild Man

Smash Rookie
NNID
SodaPOP67
3DS FC
1693-0386-9603
Just out of curiosity, have you considered making a version of PM for WiiU? It'd be cool to see the kinds of crazy combos you could pull off with Megaman, Pac-man, and Mii Brawler with l-cancelling!

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, have you considered making a version of PM for WiiU?
The PMDT have stated that they wouldn't make a WiiU version of Project M for the reason that the WiiU is frequently updated, making it difficult to hack.

TGT | Ghosty

Jace Boster
NNID
studmuffin
IV Training? Wow I didn't know Pokemon could change their inherent genetic values now! I wonder what type of training you have to do to get that? Unless, of course, you meant EV training, in which case I am disappointed by what is either a typo or a lack of Pokemon knowledge.

NERD

The Dark Hero 64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMarioHeroes
3DS FC
0688-5841-0833
This smash project sound interresting and awesome:) The only problem is that i have an European version of Super Smash Bros Brawl :( so i can't play it because it is imcompatible :( But i have a question, will they create an European version of Project M?

Kingbode

Smash Rookie
The PMDT is making a good work again.They are doing lots of details to Samus and I was expecting to see some changes on Mother franchise,like new alternate costumes.But it's O.K because they are making Brawl better than Smash 4

Last edited:
Top Bottom