• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Art Revealed!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
With the announcement of Project M 3.6, the Project M Dev Team showed off a myriad of new artistic additions to the new version of the ever-popular edition of Super Smash Bros. To begin, they gave our favorite female bounty hunter a new costume!

The detail... Special thanks to SJS for this Dark Samus costume!

Another outfit to add to Samus' growing collection!

Charizard looking sleeker than ever with the Fire Badge emblem on his chest.

Zero Suit Samus got her hair fixed up!

Introducing actual character icons that will be used for Stocks!
Not only did the PMDT show off a fair amount of new skins, but they showed off new stages that they're adding to Project M 3.6! Here are the ones that were shown!

Bowser finally gets a well-deserved stage.

Mushroom Kingdom, a HD remake of a vintage 64 stage.

Another beautiful take on an older Smash 64 stage, Saffron City.

A new reskin of Dracula's Castle called Delfino's Secret!

Behold the addition of mushroom platforms to Distant Planet!

Look familiar, Melee vets?
With all the talk of Project M's struggles recently, it's fair to say that this could be a major jump-spark for the community. What new addition do you like best? What stage are you most excited to play on?

KhanYe is too excited about life right now. Come be happy with me on Twitter @aymangolassi.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Awesome. Just beautiful!

Why isn't this BEAUTIFUL Saffron City in Sm4sh?! Seriously!

Chrishare1

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chrishare2
3DS FC
4296-3188-3029
cant wait for this downloading day 1. that charzard costume looks powerful

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Damn, PM's looking more and more like an official title with each update. Looks great

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
I'm really hoping for a recolor of armored Mewtwo. Maybe a reddish color? -cough- PMDT -cough-.
But overall, I'm liking the additions that I see, especially the Melee Battlefield. I've never played Melee competitively, but Melee BF just looks so much better than it's counterparts. Anyways, hyped for this update!

LEGOF

Smash Rookie
NNID
keimakona
3DS FC
2036-6575-6309
The Saffron City has the ledges from the route below Cerulean City. THE DETAIL MANG.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Those 64 stages are so mindblowingly good looking. I have yet to actually play Project M but this upcoming release has really got me interested. Hopefully by the time it's out I'll have a good Wii and copy of Brawl.

Cheeze Puff

Smash Rookie
NNID
stinkyfeetachu
3DS FC
5172-2969-3175
even more suits this is awesome. gotta sleep too much to take in :4jigglypuff::GCD::GCB:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
How many more suits are they gonna give samus? Not that it's a bad thing.
Not exactly sure, but she does have a lot of suits. They're generally kind of easy to make too (except man, the level of detail is insane in this suit), so I can see why they include them.

Since Samus is one of my top 3 in PM, I can say that i'm totally stoked for the Dark Suit.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
That Mario level is not Mushroom Kingdom, it's Peach's Castle!
Now to more important matters.... our Venusaur, Charmander, Chansey, Electrode and Porygon are still in the Saffron City stage, right?

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
So samus and ZSS get multiple alts but Roy is still without one? It is ok, i'm patient.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The characters are fine color wise, but the stages look like off in the colors. Like they are too bright in an artificial way.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Not big on PM, but this looks cool for people who like the game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I misread the caption under Charizard is that he now has the "fire emblem badge" on his chest...

And I'm really not surprised that Dracula's Castle got replaced; despite how popular it was, that thing was a copyright time bomb. Ah well, we can still put it in the ASL.

That Mario level is not Mushroom Kingdom, it's Peach's Castle!
Now to more important matters.... our Venusaur, Charmander, Chansey, Electrode and Porygon are still in the Saffron City stage, right?
The PM fanbase actually DOES want to include them (I know, shocking, huh?), but it's currently impossible due to the limits of Brawl hacking.

So, people actually dislike Project M?
Are you kidding? PM has a much bigger hatedom than a fandom. People who liked Brawl tend to see it as "a plot to ruin a perfectly good game".
Or, recently, as one YouTube comment I saw put it: "a mod of an outdated game to make it like an even more outdated game".

Last edited:

Neighbor

Smash Cadet
Oh my god these stages. Peach's Castle and Delfino's Secret. Kreygasm. Based PMDT we are not worthy. But highly appreciate all of you.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I feel bad for my Saffron City Smash U stage.
Peach's Castle is missing the Bumpers.
Just wondering, if they did put Dracula's Castle before, why not including Simon Belmont with the newcomers to don't make the stage "incomplete"?

Litt

Samus
I don't understand the need for 3.6, people don't want newer skins or different stages, they want a better game, better than 3.5, better than sm4sh and better than melee, but 3.6 is no noticeable improvement... especially mechancially

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I suppose some people have such a hardon for Melee that they prefer an inferior looking Battlefield just because it was in that game. Same with FD really.

Digging Saffron City, Distant Planet, and Bowser's Castle tho.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I can't say enough how happy I am about Melee Battlefield. To be clear, I loathe Brawl/Sm4sh Battlefield, those overly bright colors are just not easy on the eyes.

Everything else looks great, too!

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Finally, they added in the Melee battlefield stage themselves! Now I don't have to add it in manually myself EVERY SINGLE TIME they release a new version.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Time to warm up the F5 Finger for Sundays =D

I don't understand the need for 3.6, people don't want newer skins or different stages, they want a better game, better than 3.5, better than sm4sh and better than melee, but 3.6 is no noticeable improvement... especially mechancially
dude, what do you want the trailer to be, a list of bug fixes?

The trailer is top promote hype stuff, and visuals do that.
The bugfixes and general improvements will be there.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Oh my lord... That Shiny Charizard with the Red Army armor, Bowser's Castle, his own franchise icon, and victory theme... It's all so... Beautiful...

Top Bottom