• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Pal

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
Can we get an idea...? like a few days/weeks/months? :)

Last edited:

DatSmasher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0903-2784-5063
why don't more poeple care about this?? i really want to play pm but i basically can't without doing weird stuff with the pal version :(

SillyBear

Smash Rookie
Has anyone in Europe managed to get 3.5 working yet? I Had 3.0 on sd card with a american version of the game burned on disk and it worked fine for 3.0, when i replaced the files of 3.0 with 3.5 the project M logo came up on homebrew, i started it up and came up with a menu screen that said: play/addon and some other things, pressed play but then it just takes me back to the wii start menu. Does anyone have any advice?

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
Did you try to do a clean install of 3.5 (deleting everything first and then installing 3.5)?

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
yeah but it also involves having a hard drive to lug around it whereas with PM pal I can finally reuse my copy of Brawl! C'mon for the sake of #OneUnit give me PAL! :D

No but for real, thank you so much for this game, it's a cool initiative and it's done with love! :)

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
You guys need more love. We haven't forgotten about you! The issue is, as it has been since the dawn of PM, porting to PAL is like a blackbox of challenges. Were not 100% sure what's not going to be coded or handled quite the same way as NTSC. It's not like 'spot the difference' then do a 1:1 copy. Due to the specialized and tedious nature of this work, were not able to give an honest estimate on when it will be done.

We can't foresee ever speedbump, and our coders capable of this task are few. It is a passion fueled volunteer project, so we don't force anyone to work on a strict schedule. (Though we may very strongly encourage)

Keep faith! We announced PAL support because we are confident now we can complete the port! I would love to be able to say it will be done soon, and it might be, but the honest truth is that issues can come up. I will do my best to encourage the rest of the team to keep our PAL fans posted.

Thank you!

Last edited:

JBarwick

Smash Rookie
You mentioned a PAL release and now I can't stop looking at the Project M website waiting for that PAL release. It's driving me insane! At least before I forgot about Project M thinking there's no point looking everyday as there's no sign of a PAL but now it's just maddening. Smash 4 was an easier wait than this!!!!

DatSmasher

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0903-2784-5063
You guys need more love. We haven't forgotten about you! The issue is, as it has been since the dawn of PM, porting to PAL is like a blackbox of challenges. Were not 100% sure what's not going to be coded or handled quite the same way as NTSC. It's not like 'spot the difference' then do a 1:1 copy. Due to the specialized and tedious nature of this work, were not able to give an honest estimate on when it will be done.

We can't foresee ever speedbump, and our coders capable of this task are few. It is a passion fueled volunteer project, so we don't force anyone to work on a strict schedule. (Though we may very strongly encourage)

Keep faith! We announced PAL support because we are confident now we can complete the port! I would love to be able to say it will be done soon, and it might be, but the honest truth is that issues can come up. I will do my best to encourage the rest of the team to keep our PAL fans posted.

Thank you!
Nice, it's good to know you guys are trying and have a reason for not releasing this yet :D Keep up the good stuff!

Bowsy

Smash Rookie
I'd still love an idea of how long it's gonna take, though..

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
AWESOME! When I read Vanguard's post I thought we'd wait at least a month for a release date, but if we get it by the end of the year, I'm down! :)

Tomsta17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomsta1712
3DS FC
4441-9914-0347
My cousin and i are desperately waiting for Project M PAL, we're in Australia so we're hyped

Ace55

Smash Lord
This will be great. Doesn't even matter for me personally since my Wii doesn't read discs anymore but hopefully this will help to raise the interest around Europe.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Has anyone in Europe managed to get 3.5 working yet? I Had 3.0 on sd card with a american version of the game burned on disk and it worked fine for 3.0, when i replaced the files of 3.0 with 3.5 the project M logo came up on homebrew, i started it up and came up with a menu screen that said: play/addon and some other things, pressed play but then it just takes me back to the wii start menu. Does anyone have any advice?
The PM Launcher does not work with a burned disc... you have to use neogamma or something... best bet would be usb loading, though...

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
...I never understood why people don't just get CFG loader and a NtSC iso of brawl

Like ffs, it's super easy and it loads way faster

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
I am actually somewhat annoyed by this. Why would you say in the trailer that a PAL version of PM3.5 would be released "Soon". it's been 6 weeks with no concrete updates of a PAL release and all you guys did was get everyone's hopes and hype up for nothing.
It would have been better to have said nothing until a PAL release was 99% ready not "Ummm...I think we can do it...in theory"

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I am actually somewhat annoyed by this. Why would you say in the trailer that a PAL version of PM3.5 would be released "Soon". it's been 6 weeks with no concrete updates of a PAL release and all you guys did was get everyone's hopes and hype up for nothing.
It would have been better to have said nothing until a PAL release was 99% ready not "Ummm...I think we can do it...in theory"

A month or two later is actually "soon". Just wait, pal. They're doing this for free.

GravityZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
TricksterZorua
3DS FC
4382-2023-3008
I hope it'll get released soon. as in a few days, but they probably got delayed by problems! >_< It would be a nice late Christmas gift, or a great start before the new year begins!

Top Bottom