• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Oks, so what I did was just downloaded the the HBC Wifi Version on the root of my SD card and it started fine that way although the launcher says its the Full Version even though I downloaded the wifi version. I'm being told that others are having the same issue.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
the reason i use riivolution is because it is the only way i can make the game work with a usb stick. Is it possible to make the game work with a usb stick using this app?

EIiitti

Smash Cadet
I personally just did everything the old-fashioned way, even on a PAL Wii, with the USB-loading and everything works perfectly. Didn't even bother using the new launcher because I'll be modding everything right after testing the vanilla version out. The launcher will surely be a great thing for new people who aren't interested in modding the game themselves. I just can't play without my Touhou remixes. :p

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
So, I downloaded it. Problem is, when I load it from homebrew it just goes directly to a black screen. I appear to not be alone in this problem. Is there any fix or?

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Can this be used with the files on a USB stick?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Running the new version off a 32GB Micro SD with an SD card adapter and having no problems. You guys really are a bunch of wizards. Also took a 4 player match to fountain of dreams with a bunch of new things going on and there was, as stated, no lag.

Good **** guys <3

Revven

FrankerZ
So, I downloaded it. Problem is, when I load it from homebrew it just goes directly to a black screen. I appear to not be alone in this problem. Is there any fix or?
Are you trying to load the launcher? If so, are you using the latest one? Not sure if the website updated with it already or not but try this:

Homebrew download
Hackless download (for those who are reading this post and having the same issue but with hackless).

And remember, you don't have to use the launcher if you are already familiar with the file structure and know how to update your SD Card on your own. There are separate .zips for a reason, after all. Unless you want that future convenience of your SD Card being able to be updated through the Wii, if you're having trouble with the launcher it may just be better to just download a .zip and replace your files manually.

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
So I'm guessing SDHC support is addd by this new riivolution-like loader and not a code, am I wrong?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
And still no fix for those of us who use a wii motion plus remote.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So I'm guessing SDHC support is addd by this new riivolution-like loader and not a code, am I wrong?
Correct, but only for Wii's with the Homebrew channel.

Oks, so what I did was just downloaded the the HBC Wifi Version on the root of my SD card and it started fine that way although the launcher says its the Full Version even though I downloaded the wifi version. I'm being told that others are having the same issue.
The launcher has some issues at the moment and only downloads the Full Set, you'll have to update to the Wi-Fi manually. That's what I heard anyways.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i havent had the oportunity to download and play this patch yet, but was the whole thing with shield pushback fixed? like the fact that you can fsmash someones shield and get sent back like 50 feet?

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
What issues do you have? ALSO is there a rematch button combination for wiichuck?
It bricks my wii motion plus remotes. I have to turn on a 2nd remote to start the game because the first remote gets bricked.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
[collapse=General Fixes]
-WiFi Code Set fixed to have the proper codes and menu decriptions
-Song titles in the My Music menus now display the proper names of the songs for stages such as Dreamland 64
-Nana no longer disappears instantly on Norfair
-Jigglypuff, Ness, and Lucas no longer get stuck in the water
-Giga Bowser causing crashes when on the Green team has been fixed
-Squirtle, Yoshi, and Olimar now properly attack/roll on-stage when above 100% on Yoshi's Island Brawl
-The following stages have been optimized to reduce lag:
Yoshi's Story, Peach's Castle, Training Room, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, Dracula's Castle
-Fixed the bug where characters were considered as occupying the ledge for the whole duration of their ledge roll
-Sudden Death doesn't crash anymore and has been restored
-When Roy/Marth or Mewtwo/Lucario are on the same team, their team colors work properly
-All AI updated some more
-The Random option under "Stage Choice" doesn't crash anymore
-Removed the color bars and caution signs from the character select portraits[/collapse]

Aw yiss finally !!

Revven

FrankerZ
i havent had the oportunity to download and play this patch yet, but was the whole thing with shield pushback fixed? like the fact that you can fsmash someones shield and get sent back like 50 feet?
If it's not mentioned anywhere in the change list, whatever you're talking about probably wasn't addressed.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
well thats what i figured, but i was hoping that somehow they might have just forgot to add that to the change list. In my eyes that was a relatively important bug that should be fixed, as it sort of really affects competive play by preventing punishes and making certain characters safe. It also just looks incredibly odd. hopefully in the next patch i guess. either way still a good update for now.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So then the homebrew gct no longer has FPC right?
It does, the FPC is still necessary. I'm guessing that the new launcher itself bypasses some system exploit with Brawl that allows for SDHC to be read.

well thats what i figured, but i was hoping that somehow they might have just forgot to add that to the change list. In my eyes that was a relatively important bug that should be fixed, as it sort of really affects competive play by preventing punishes and making certain characters safe. It also just looks incredibly odd. hopefully in the next patch i guess. either way still a good update for now.
Actually, this was addressed in 3.0
Under the changelist in the General Fixes it states "- Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee. Some moves that had Shield Damage previously compensated."

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I was under the impression that there would be an sdhc fix for the hackless method too. Or is that pretty much impossible?

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Actually, this was addressed in 3.0
Under the changelist in the General Fixes it states "- Shield Pushback and Health now match Melee. Some moves that had Shield Damage previously compensated."
Well, there is actually still a bug with that I believe. Very often, attacks will hit you that push you back abnormally far in shield (pikas upsmash and marios dsmash are two that i know do it consistently). I tried posting this in the bug reporting thread, but it didnt seem like many people noticed it. Im positive that those pushback scenarios are very un-melee like, if the goal was to try and make pushback match.

But that actually wasnt what I was originally talking about. I was talking about a bug that is still listed in the known issues thread:

"Attacking a shield can push the attacker off edges (e.g. Marth Fsmashes a shielding opponent, the shield pushback pushes Marth off the ledge.)"

This thing causes the attacker to get pushback when attacking the shield, so you attack, then fly back sometimes an extremely large amount.

Revven

FrankerZ
Will there be support for those who softmodded their wii to work with the launcher?
This does work for soft modded Wiis... unless you're asking about USB Loading?

I was under the impression that there would be an sdhc fix for the hackless method too. Or is that pretty much impossible?
It's pretty much impossible, particularly because you have to boot the launcher or PM through the stage builder, which Brawl only reads 2 GB cards. That's why hackless can't have greater than 2 GB cards.

In theory (I don't think this works but you can try) you could have 2 SD Cards, one smaller one for the launcher and one bigger one that has both the launcher and the PM files on it. Boot the launcher with the smaller SD Card through the stage builder and then once the launcher is up, swap the SD Card for the bigger one. Update the PM files (if necessary) and then launch PM -- you'll know it works when you see the strap screen and stuff as normal.

I'm doubtful that works but it'd be the only way I can think of if you really wanted a bigger card and have the extra cash to drop down and patience to swap the SD Cards every time you boot up PM.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Cutter dash is super easy. Just make sure you're holding B. Also in 3.0 it could only be done in midair. I think that threw some people off.
super easy... hyperbole aside, i attempted to use cutter dash as an aerial recovery to get back on stage and it only came out when i was vigorously training while my friends were trying to just play the game around me. and it came out sparingly, not consistently.(yes yes, i did that, which is how i got my results and as you can see i failed while doing it in midair)

anyway, this monday, i'll try this new 3.01 version and judge the leniency.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The boot up menu isn't functioning properly, no matter what input I do it fails to work.

For reference, I am using the Hackless Wi-Fi Safe version on a Wii U and using a Wii Pro Classic Controller.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The technical answer is, you can't use SDHC on vBrawl because the IOS version it uses (IOS36). Project M 3.0 has a new ASM code in the GCT patch that allows support for SDHC. This isn't new to 3.01. But the trick is to load Brawl using an IOS that supports SDHC (like IOS58, 80 or 60).

Any app you launch from the HomeBrew Channel will launch with IOS58. So you can use CFG or Wiiload since they will boot Brawl with IOS58 and they'll work just fine.

GeckoOS, on the other hand, will detect it's not on IOS36 and reload IOS36. The new launcher does none of those shenanigans. It's funny because GeckoOS actively disables SDHC by switching to IOS36. It's not like I had to write SDHC support into the PM Launcher. I just didn't disable it.

But, it will reload a SDHC supported IOS if you're not running one. This is important because now you can do a hackless method with letterbomb on an SDHC and it'll be ready to boot/inject Brawl from the disc is a SDHC supporting IOS.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Any app you launch from the HomeBrew Channel will launch with IOS58. So you can use CFG or Wiiload since they will boot Brawl with IOS58 and they'll work just fine.
Sweet. Since I use CFG now I can buy a bigger SD card to use with PM.

Generalardj

Smash Cadet
When I try to load the luncher I got a black screen.

Does the luncher works only on NTSC Wiis?

Infl8ablecat

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-1783-9998
The amount of updates that went into this was astounding :colorful:... however I'm going to miss that color bar.... :(

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Alright, I tried the Full Set version this time, and it still doesn't work.

Does it fail to work on a Wii U or something? Cannot it register Wii Pro Classic Controller?

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
The technical answer is, you can't use SDHC on vBrawl because the IOS version it uses (IOS36). Project M 3.0 has a new ASM code in the GCT patch that allows support for SDHC. This isn't new to 3.01. But the trick is to load Brawl using an IOS that supports SDHC (like IOS58, 80 or 60).
So their is a code then? and it was already in 3.0, so usb loader users could have used a cIOS with SDHC support to use SDHC with brawl already? Guess I should stop trying to make a code myself then. oh well

GeckoOS, on the other hand, will detect it's not on IOS36 and reload IOS36. The new launcher does none of those shenanigans. It's funny because GeckoOS actively disables SDHC by switching to IOS36. It's not like I had to write SDHC support into the PM Launcher. I just didn't disable it.
Gecko OS is programmed to use the game's original IOS to avoid compatibility issues it's not like they specificly wanted to disable SDHC support for brawl

Sweet. Since I use CFG now I can buy a bigger SD card to use with PM.
That's actually not true cfg loads games with whatever cIOS you choose to load them with so you would need to load brawl with a cIOS based on IOS56,57 or 58 (I think they all support SDHC) cfg itself is what loads with IOS58

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is there any chance that future versions of the launcher could work with the Classic Controller? I'd prefer to not have to bother with plugging in my gamecube controller just to start up the game.

Motobug

Project M/+ community leader
Does the launcher come with a channel? If not, I hope someone makes one.

Also I wish I could play this version but my school blocks the P:M website :c

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Is there any chance that future versions of the launcher could work with the Classic Controller? I'd prefer to not have to bother with plugging in my gamecube controller just to start up the game.
Man they don't seem to care about those of us with Classic Controller or Wii motion plus controller issues. Seems like their only focus was the Gamecube controller.

SiLLyDJ

Smash Cadet
NNID
SiLLyDJ
3DS FC
4399-0933-5544
Already found a glitch. If you clank with Roy's Final Smash at the right time Roy will turn completely invisible. You'll only be able to see his sword slash effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom