• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.0 Not Applying

TheOber

Smash Rookie
I follow all the instructions for 3.0 - I download the hackless .zip, extract it to the root of my card, plug it into the Wii, and go to my custom-stage free Stage Builder. I hit "launch game" on the screen that comes up for Project M, but nothing seems to apply afterward. It's still normal brawl, just with the layout of the existing characters and stages mixed. Then if I try to select anything that's changed, there's a freeze and buzzing noise.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Trying to load up P:M 3.0 and I'm also getting this issue. Seems like the File Patch Code isn't working for some reason, since none of the custom menus, etc are appearing.

esoterics

Smash Apprentice
I had this same issue. I had to rename the SD card from "PROJECTM" to something else. This is most likely because the FPC gets the "projectm" folder on the root mixed up with the name of the SD card. I'd try that.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Oh nevermind my issue was that I wasn't even using the projectm folder, I had it sorted like my usual stuff in private/apps/ etc so it wasnt finding anything. Thanks for the help man.

squirrelguys

Smash Rookie
I'm having an issue even getting Gecko os to show up. I put the SD card in the slot that has the files, I go to stage builder and nothing shows up. What am I doing wrong?

Top Bottom