• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project m 3.0 Freezes

rekaisavage

Smash Rookie
iv'e noticed my project m 3.0 is freezing a lot but i cannot figure out why, i run it through a NTSC copy of super smash bros brawl on a usb stick and i use Configurable USB Loader to load project m. i also replaced my NTSC smashbros_sound.brsar sound file with the Japanese brawl sound file, but it never froze on 2.6b so i have no idea why its freezing now all of a sudden, i did recently start using the youmacon 2013 texture and music pack from keitaro and in 2.6b some songs did turn to complete static noise during mid-match so i dont know if that could maybe cause the game to freeze in 3.0? so instead of messing around and making it worse i thought i would report my problem here first.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I am having the same problem. In my case y play on Wiiu and I am having constant freezes. There are right now so frequent that I just can´t play as it is happening everytime I try to play the mod.

Another curious thing that happen the last time it froze (which was 5 min ago) I was about to play a match and the random selection picked Dream Lands 64 and the game loaded Green Greens from Melee and then the game froze.

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
TC, sometimes custom stuff doesn't work as it is supposed to be intended, and that may be causing your crashes. It doesn't help that most of those were made for builds prior to the 3.0 version. Zeph, when you try to use the random select option as your default stage select method, it tends to freeze the game, and it's better to just use the random select button on the bottom of the level select screen. Other minor things like outset toon link using a metal box or using replays will cause freezes as well. So if you keep just some of that in mind, it tends to help,

http://smashboards.com/threads/other-known-issues-bugs-in-3-0.344499/

Zephil

Smash Ace
Thanks for the response KFrosty, that's exactly what I have been doing so maybe that is the issue. I will try again today and will post the results later.

Top Bottom