• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Ganondorf - Help get de-cloneing Ganon in smash ultimate trending!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I agree, please give us the GCT codes.

OoT Dorf's double jump will be hard for me to get used to, but oh my gosh I love it
Is that something that might be fixed in the future? My build is played competitively and casually so I'm just curious. Also, is that an issue with Sword Ganon, OoT Ganon or both?

Also, I've done a ton of editing to my .GCT so I'd rather not replace it. Is there any way you could give me the codes and I could add them myself? I'm only adding Sword Ganon right now so would I still need the .GCT edit?
04AD8A64 00000142

Crap hopefully everyone with you're issues will be able to get this. I didn't think about this!!

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
04AD8A64 00000142

Crap hopefully everyone with you're issues will be able to get this. I didn't think about this!!
Sweet! That's tiny haha. Is this just for OoT Ganon?

EDIT: Hey, it's ok! There are bound to be hiccups at the start and everything! You've still done a ton of amazing work.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
what exactly is this?
The install instructions say to replace your .GCT with the one included. If you're using OoT Ganon and you have made edits to your .GCT, adding this bit of code yourself is the better option.

Looks like a soundbank replacement code.
Oh DUH that's probably what he was asking. Seems that way.

Last edited:

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
hey so i saw that there was a white ganondorf for his TP mod but no csps as far as i could see so could you upload the csp of that skin if you have it? PLZ

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
hey so i saw that there was a white ganondorf for his TP mod but no csps as far as i could see so could you upload the csp of that skin if you have it? PLZ
Oh ya i forgot about that lol
I'll get those up in the next release. I dont have them ready right now. thanks for pointing that out!

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
This friggin sucks! :( I was SO HYPED to play this, and them my Wii kept rebooting every time i load the launcher. Nothing EVER works for me. WOE! :( :(

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Alright a few things.

- I absolutely love Sword Ganon's moveset. He feels a little overpowered at first, but once we got used to him, we could see where his weaknesses/strengths lie. Really great work. His up tilt and dair are my favorites.

- I experienced several crashes, but I've deduced that they all likely result from items or using costumes that are not compatible with Sword Ganon. Although I did experience one crash at the start of a match, even though I was using a compatible costume. My guess is a random CPU spawned with one of the costumes that are NOT compatible.

- The costumes that are incompatible w/ Sword Ganon all seemed to be PM's OoT Ganondorf costumes or based on them. Wind Waker Phantom Ganon, Beast Ganon, and Demise all worked fine. PM OoT Ganons and OoT Phantom Ganon crashed the game. Strangely, YOUR Future King Ganon (w/ the long red hair) worked fine until I tried my uptilt (no sword) and then it crashed. Something I just realized is that all the costumes that WORKED used Twilight Ganon's sword. Maybe the issue lies with OoT Ganon's sword?

- Super Mushroom glitched out and was hilarious.

To summarize, I think that we'll keep playing with these mods on the side in a separate build, but I don't believe they are ready to be incorporated into my overall build just yet.

This is some seriously impressive work though. I noticed that in your installation notes you said to replace EVERYTHING in my fighter folder for Ganon, but with the way I have my costumes painstakingly set up and everything, I didn't want to do that. Are your costumes specifically made to work with your PSAs? I don't have a ton of experience with PSAs, but I never knew that was even a thing. I just figured if it worked for Ganon, it would work for all of his costumes. If the item glitches get fixed, I'd be willing to sacrifice my costumes just to have this moveset though.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how people develop play around your movesets! Let me know if there is anything else you need or want me to test, particularly if you'd like to see how something would work for someone who has modded lots of things in their build.

EDIT: Also, I'm playing on a Wii through homebrew if you're curious.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
This friggin sucks! :( I was SO HYPED to play this, and them my Wii kept rebooting every time i load the launcher. Nothing EVER works for me. WOE! :( :(
Oh no! umm did you follow the instructions? and are you using project m 3.6?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Alright a few things.

- I absolutely love Sword Ganon's moveset. He feels a little overpowered at first, but once we got used to him, we could see where his weaknesses/strengths lie. Really great work. His up tilt and dair are my favorites.

- I experienced several crashes, but I've deduced that they all likely result from items or using costumes that are not compatible with Sword Ganon. Although I did experience one crash at the start of a match, even though I was using a compatible costume. My guess is a random CPU spawned with one of the costumes that are NOT compatible.

- The costumes that are incompatible w/ Sword Ganon all seemed to be PM's OoT Ganondorf costumes or based on them. Wind Waker Phantom Ganon, Beast Ganon, and Demise all worked fine. PM OoT Ganons and OoT Phantom Ganon crashed the game. Strangely, YOUR Future King Ganon (w/ the long red hair) worked fine until I tried my uptilt (no sword) and then it crashed. Something I just realized is that all the costumes that WORKED used Twilight Ganon's sword. Maybe the issue lies with OoT Ganon's sword?

- Super Mushroom glitched out and was hilarious.

To summarize, I think that we'll keep playing with these mods on the side in a separate build, but I don't believe they are ready to be incorporated into my overall build just yet.

This is some seriously impressive work though. I noticed that in your installation notes you said to replace EVERYTHING in my fighter folder for Ganon, but with the way I have my costumes painstakingly set up and everything, I didn't want to do that. Are your costumes specifically made to work with your PSAs? I don't have a ton of experience with PSAs, but I never knew that was even a thing. I just figured if it worked for Ganon, it would work for all of his costumes. If the item glitches get fixed, I'd be willing to sacrifice my costumes just to have this moveset though.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how people develop play around your movesets! Let me know if there is anything else you need or want me to test, particularly if you'd like to see how something would work for someone who has modded lots of things in their build.

EDIT: Also, I'm playing on a Wii through homebrew if you're curious.
So to answer most of your problems... yea the costumes i have all need to be used as they are. Other skins will make the game freeze!

and awesome, i use homebrew too :p

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
So to answer most of your problems... yea the costumes i have all need to be used as they are. Other skins will make the game freeze!

and awesome, i use homebrew too :p
So strange that costumes over Twilight Ganon's slots work fine though. Is it a sword problem?

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
Oh no! umm did you follow the instructions? and are you using project m 3.6?
Yes, i've LITERALLY played it hours before i got rid of the old set and downloaded a fresh set for the sole purpose of adding your mod. It pisses me off that the amount of effort i put in trying to simply play brawl hacks backfires and i'm on the sheer verge of selling my wii and waiting on Wii U hacking. It's like no matter what I can never enjoy a new mod when it is released.

Anyways, my **** gaming luck isn't anyone heres problem. If anyone would be kind enough to provide a dl link to their folders that works, then i'd appreciate that. If not, i'm quitting anything ssb hacking related until i can start fresh with new methods on wii u. I've lost enough hair today as i simply trying to get this crap to load.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Yes, i've LITERALLY played it hours before i got rid of the old set and downloaded a fresh set for the sole purpose of adding your mod. It pisses me off that the amount of effort i put in trying to simply play brawl hacks backfires and i'm on the sheer verge of selling my wii and waiting on Wii U hacking. It's like no matter what I can never enjoy a new mod when it is released.

Anyways, my **** gaming luck isn't anyone heres problem. If anyone would be kind enough to provide a dl link to their folders that works, then i'd appreciate that. If not, i'm quitting anything ssb hacking related until i can start fresh with new methods on wii u. I've lost enough hair today as i simply trying to get this crap to load.
do you use homebrew or hackless? and did you pay attention to that part of the instructions? (just spitballing here)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Well heck, I can do that! What size did you have to get them down to?
Im not 100% sure. Im eventually gona tinker with that so i can try and keep the filesize as high as possible... If you feel like it, you could even tinker with it and let me know what you've figured out!

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Some day 1 notes after running Classic mode with both Ganons.

Sword
- Overall feels slower than Smash 4 Ganondorf (which is where I'm primarily coming from). Probably intentional for balance purposes.
- Up Smash is really easy to connect to sweet spot. That first hit always sets them up in just the right position for an uncharged Up smash. I suggest making it a single hit in the next build.
- Up tilt, I feel makes more sense as the Up smash but usually works fine, sometimes enemies wont get hit by the lightning.
- Forward Smash is great, I love it.
- Down Smash is great as well
- Down tilt has a nice vacuum effect, I like it.
- Side special doesn't work. He doesn't turn nor can I get him to strike early. The only way I can get this attack to work is to be across the entire map and hope I don't have to jump. Either fix this move or revert back to Flame Choke please.
- Down Special is fantastic, some slow start up but other wise fantastic especially in the air.
- Up special is slow but doesn't seem to recover as far as his default one but I didn't check.
- Timing on the sword throw is really specific and I end up putting the sword away most of the time.

Magic
- Overall much more viable if one masters the ability to float. A very strong air game with a fairly weak ground game almost designed to get into the air.
- Jab combo has too much visual flair for such a small hit box
- Forward tilt is almost useless, once again very small hit box for an attack that looks like it should have more. I would try to extend the hit box as far as the darkness itself reaches as opposed to wind.
- Forward Smash is decent has a slow start up but it isn't too hard to sweet spot.
- Down Smash is either really bad or really good. It's bad because the shock waves only do about 2% with no knock back whatsoever. It's good because the punch itself has great damage and knock back potential.
- Up tilt is a good combo tool.
- Up smash is probably the most reliable ground tool that Magic Ganon has.
- Dash attack is a close second.
- All of the air normals range from solid to great. Up air could use more of a hit box but otherwise very powerful.
- Neutral special is strange. It's hard to hit on any moving target and they'll never stay still long enough to charge it completely. Since it can only be done in the air, it often hit other platforms and dissipated and since it flies at an angle enemies would often just go under it. A ground version would help. Also DO NOT USE THIS OFF STAGE you will fall to your death.
- I love Down special both the uppercut and the ground slam.
- Crazy hand takes all of his sound effects from this Ganon, doesn't really break anything but I thought it was weird.

Looking forward to playing more and finding more things to talk about. Just one question why didn't you opt to make Magic Ganon a fighting style in the vein of Sword Ganon (For example Up taunt activates Magic Ganon). I never found an explanation on your site.

MazeDIs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GanonGod81
3DS FC
2595-3094-5841
do you use homebrew or hackless? and did you pay attention to that part of the instructions? (just spitballing here)
I used homebrew. The launcher is a homebrew app. Regardless, i don't see how your mod causes the game to not boot at all.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Sword
- Overall feels slower than Smash 4 Ganondorf (which is where I'm primarily coming from). Probably intentional for balance purposes.
- Up Smash is really easy to connect to sweet spot. That first hit always sets them up in just the right position for an uncharged Up smash. I suggest making it a single hit in the next build.
- Up tilt, I feel makes more sense as the Up smash but usually works fine, sometimes enemies wont get hit by the lightning.
- Side special doesn't work. He doesn't turn nor can I get him to strike early. The only way I can get this attack to work is to be across the entire map and hope I don't have to jump. Either fix this move or revert back to Flame Choke please.
- Down Special is fantastic, some slow start up but other wise fantastic especially in the air.
- Up special is slow but doesn't seem to recover as far as his default one but I didn't check.
- Timing on the sword throw is really specific and I end up putting the sword away most of the time.

Magic
- Overall much more viable if one masters the ability to float. A very strong air game with a fairly weak ground game almost designed to get into the air.
- Forward tilt is almost useless, once again very small hit box for an attack that looks like it should have more. I would try to extend the hit box as far as the darkness itself reaches as opposed to wind.
- Forward Smash is decent has a slow start up but it isn't too hard to sweet spot.
- Down Smash is either really bad or really good. It's bad because the shock waves only do about 2% with no knock back whatsoever. It's good because the punch itself has great damage and knock back potential.
- All of the air normals range from solid to great. Up air could use more of a hit box but otherwise very powerful.
- Neutral special is strange. It's hard to hit on any moving target and they'll never stay still long enough to charge it completely. Since it can only be done in the air, it often hit other platforms and dissipated and since it flies at an angle enemies would often just go under it. A ground version would help. Also DO NOT USE THIS OFF STAGE you will fall to your death.
- Crazy hand takes all of his sound effects from this Ganon, doesn't really break anything but I thought it was weird.

Looking forward to playing more and finding more things to talk about. Just one question why didn't you opt to make Magic Ganon a fighting style in the vein of Sword Ganon (For example Up taunt activates Magic Ganon). I never found an explanation on your site.
still reading, but you attack out of side b with A

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I used homebrew. The launcher is a homebrew app. Regardless, i don't see how your mod causes the game to not boot at all.
Thats so brutal! What i dont get is why its not working for you but its fine for everyone else.

Can you write me out step by step what you did startiing from re downloading PM 3.6?
In a private msg so we dont bloat the thread!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Sword

Magic

Thanks for the feedback! k so for magic ganon, first off making it possible to switch sword ganon to magic ganon wouldnt be possible cause of filesize issues, and also because of attributes issues (weight speed etc)

now for your other points:

so for this, the point is that the darkness cloud pulls in enemies. What would you suggest for improving this (without making it op)

have you tried using it to push enemies away who are returning to the stage? I am considering adding more hitboxes that actually damage tho!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? The point of the shock waves are only to stun opponents so that you can follow up with a bigger attack

The offstage thing is intentional :p
And i know this needs some tweaking. I'm gona need more feedback over time to see what about it works well and what doesnt, and i have to come up with some solutions. For now, i will say that a single orb is more useful thatn charging it up for a long time!

this is cause OOT ganon uses crazy hands soundbank

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Im not 100% sure. Im eventually gona tinker with that so i can try and keep the filesize as high as possible... If you feel like it, you could even tinker with it and let me know what you've figured out!
Looks like you're right. I dropped one of my OoT Ganon's textures down and blam! He works! I'm going to continue messing with the file size to see what the limit is. I still believe I'm going to hold off until item problems are fixed though, or find a way to do that myself.

Also, a couple more notes.

Normal Ganon has some weirdness that happens when he uses his side B to recover. It's easiest to see on Pirate Ship, but sometimes he'll pass through the platform and then it'll teleport him out backwards to his death.

I just had a super weird glitch where I was trying to use my Up B (maybe I accidentally hit my side B?) to recover with Sword Ganon, but he just taunted (yes, in the air) and then froze in his stationary position middar haha.

Man, sorry if I am just ruining your night tonight... I really do enjoy the mod a lot!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Looks like you're right. I dropped one of my OoT Ganon's textures down and blam! He works! I'm going to continue messing with the file size to see what the limit is. I still believe I'm going to hold off until item problems are fixed though, or find a way to do that myself.

Also, a couple more notes.

Normal Ganon has some weirdness that happens when he uses his side B to recover. It's easiest to see on Pirate Ship, but sometimes he'll pass through the platform and then it'll teleport him out backwards to his death.

I just had a super weird glitch where I was trying to use my Up B (maybe I accidentally hit my side B?) to recover with Sword Ganon, but he just taunted (yes, in the air) and then froze in his stationary position middar haha.

Man, sorry if I am just ruining your night tonight... I really do enjoy the mod a lot!
Hold off as in not play the mods? lol
The item stuff is gona be some time before its fixed. I need to re add a bunch of coding and animations and find a way to keep the filesize down. Not sure how thats gona go down lol.

The normal ganon side b is an interesting problem.. I'll look into that one!

I'll see about that taunt issue. I have a feeling i know what it could be.

And you're not ruining my night, this is good stuff :p
I just hope you're not gona let the glitches stop you from playing with them!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hold off as in not play the mods? lol
The item stuff is gona be some time before its fixed. I need to re add a bunch of coding and animations and find a way to keep the filesize down. Not sure how thats gona go down lol.

The normal ganon side b is an interesting problem.. I'll look into that one!

I'll see about that taunt issue. I have a feeling i know what it could be.

And you're not ruining my night, this is good stuff :p
I just hope you're not gona let the glitches stop you from playing with them!
Nah, not hold off in general, just hold off from including them in my main build since it's played by a lot of people both casually and competitively in our area. I'll still be hanging onto these in a separate build for now.

Mostly because I don't want to have to do a hard reset on it every time a 10 year old at our youth center fires a super scope and freezes the game hahaha.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Nah, not hold off in general, just hold off from including them in my main build since it's played by a lot of people both casually and competitively in our area. I'll still be hanging onto these in a separate build for now.

Mostly because I don't want to have to do a hard reset on it every time a 10 year old at our youth center fires a super scope and freezes the game hahaha.
Ahhh i see :p

I mean you could just let them know not to use items if they use the ganondorfs lol

But i see what you mean!

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I mean you could just let them know not to use items if they use the ganondorfs lol
You must not hang out with a lot of children hahaha.

"Hey guys, make sure you don't do this thing."

"Alright, he's gone! Now's our chance to do the thing!"

What exactly is causing your filesize woes? I was thinking about the Triforce Ganon PSA and how maybe it's because you have 2 movesets, but then I remembered so does that mod! Do you have the same issues with OoT Ganon?

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
You must not hang out with a lot of children hahaha.

"Hey guys, make sure you don't do this thing."

"Alright, he's gone! Now's our chance to do the thing!"

What exactly is causing your filesize woes? I was thinking about the Triforce Ganon PSA and how maybe it's because you have 2 movesets, but then I remembered so does that mod! Do you have the same issues with OoT Ganon?
Lucarios PSA seems to have filesize issues. The file just gets bloated really easily, i duno why :(
TP ganon is ya because of the 2 movesets. So its pretty tricky to juggle both

Also, about the kids - how silly of me, i forgot how kids operate haha

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
If any problems arise let me know. If you're using a custom build I have a solution for you
I am using a fresh build of PM because my other build crashed after i went to beachvill, aa custom stage so maybe its because i edited my build before i installed oot ganon? maybe...

Top Bottom