• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So this is like the opposite of project M?

This sounds great,but I can't help I don't know how to do any hacks.

Good Luck with this if you decide to do it!Brawl Mewtwo and Roy!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
One thing I would like to say is that since melee sd remix is done why don't you try getting those people to join this mod.It is a really great mod!

crush

Smash Master
converted some brawl brstms to hps files to use in music, im gonna work on textures and making everything washed out/boring ugly brawl colors. editing moves and physics is the fun part im saving it for later

if anybody has any hacking knowledge or pointers or wants to work on Project B just hit me up!

#ProjectB
#SlowmoSaturdays

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I don't make hacks so I might be wrong,but I do not belive physic changes ever happened for this game.

So If this does happen well then you guys are just amazing.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
I remember there being an auto l cancel code for melee, maybe you can make a never l cancel code the same way?

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
What about my opinion? Or about that guy's opinion that is stalking me?
Oh and no need for brawl characters, just make everything brawl like; air dodge, no l-cancel and ignore this thread completely til youre done

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
actuallyyyyyyy I like brawls physics of floating and no combos WAYYYYY more than melee's physics. I played melee first and I've always liked brawl better than melee and PM

So I actually support this idea

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Rather just make Melee minus
I love brawl,but this sounds a lot funner and easier for you guys to make because you do not need to change physics as much just damage,knockback and hitstun mostly.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
actuallyyyyyyy I like brawls physics of floating and no combos WAYYYYY more than melee's physics. I played melee first and I've always liked brawl better than melee and PM

So I actually support this idea

Why would you like it when you admit there's no combos? Most brawl players I talk to are in denial about this so it's rare to see someone admit it.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Why would you like it when you admit there's no combos? Most brawl players I talk to are in denial about this so it's rare to see someone admit it.
I've never understand why true combos = good
No true combos = bad

I hate true combos. Taking 0-120% to dying when I literally can't do anything about it from the first hit?
That's why we hate ICs in brawl lol. Combos are dumb
I like to get out of stuff and come back with my own stuff

TreK

Is "that guy"
Let's just say that to a Brawl player, it feels like there are no combos in melee. Just a higher snowball effect.
The concept of combos is very different in both games. Combos in Brawl are more like the ones you find in traditional fighter : learn the inputs like you'd learn music, and play it back by heart in tourneys. In melee (or at least, what I can tell from watching it and picking up PM recently), it's a more interactive thing. Like a rap battle where you take turns and try to take the opponent by surprise (and where style gets you points, too).
And yes, combos are numerous in Brawl. It's not 'just a few chain grabs'. It's jab cancels, jab/laser locks, tilt locks, bananas, frame traps, grab combos, grab releases, and a few infinites here and there. And landing a combo matters a lot in brawl because the defensive mechanics are so powerful and there are no comeback mechanics pther than landing a combo yourself.

As to 'are combos a good thing', my opinion is that it isn't, but it's just that : an opinion. Melee 'combos' take the best of both worlds : they make the game more spectator friendly, without taking away from the interactivity that is the interesting part about a competitive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom