• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Adventure Mode U [Now with Link and Fox]

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman

Sad that any sort of ''adventure mode'' was cut from SM4SH? Well hopefully this will make up for it! I've decided to create a mini 6 part adventure mode for each character! You can play all these without leaving the ''smash'' section of the Wii U game, so you won't be going crazy around all the menus. Make sure to give me some feedback!

THESE ARE SINGLE PLAYER, YOU ALWAYS PLAY AS THE CHARACTER
CLICK ON THE BANNER TO PLAY THEIR ADVENTURE MODE

ps: the adventure of Fox will continue under Falco's adventure, read the post under this one for more info.
Please give me feedback if you want me to do more!
(All character banners created by: http://sm4sh.club/, check them out!)

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE #2:
Fox has been added! His story will continue with Falco's adventure! The way that's going to work is i'm going to some adventure modes continue on with each other. Assume they're all separate universes unless I state
other-wise.​

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Seems kinda cool. But I hope some of them involve more than just fights. For example, with PAC MAN have him make it all the way to the end of PAC LAND and back without getting hit once.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Like the premise. Best of luck.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Seems kinda cool. But I hope some of them involve more than just fights. For example, with PAC MAN have him make it all the way to the end of PAC LAND and back without getting hit once.
ohhh interesting idea! I do want to keep all fights accessible without leaving the ''Smash'' tab though.

That doesn't require leaving the Smash tab. :applejack:
I know, I just meant in general c:

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Seems pretty cool and creative. I'll stick around to see what else you come up with.

(King Dedede and ROB would be pretty snazzy....)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Just beat this little minigame you made, I appreciate it as it was a surprising amount of fun to do something that felt like both classic and event matches combined.

I'll definitely be doing all of these once more come out.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
The amount of guests viewing this thread is disturbing me.

On topic, I love these little adventures. Hope you do more.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
The idea reminds me of something I did when I was young and SSB64's classic mode bored me. Then "Event matches" in Melee happened and my mind was blown.

This is a genuinely great idea. How about writing an adventure for your own main, Yoshi?

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
Just finished and it was MUCH more fun then the challenges I did for the last 3 hours. A great way to cool off and just have fun. The only one I had to do twice was the diddy king one because I selfdestruxted (also ik this isn't important but if peach loses 1 stock do u still win?)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I tried these challenges. I had a lot of fun with them. It felt like event matches with a story behind them.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next. (*cough*Shulk*cough*)

Khao

Smash Lord
Sounds more like a progression-based event mode than an adventure mode (as the whole point of that is the side-scrolling stages with goals you have to reach)

But that's a nitpick at best, this is a great idea. Good job, will totally try doing some of these once I run out of in-game content to play, it really sounds like a fun way to keep the game alive.

I remember actually doing something similar with a friend back in Melee days. We abused the heck out of the handicap slider, but it probably won't work well after it was changed to just starting damage. One thing we also often did was limiting the moves we could use in some battles, most of our "custom games" started with no special moves, shields, or double jumps, and then we'd slowly acquire those abilities as we moved on through each battle. Fun times.

Last edited:

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Added Fox! Haven't tried the challenges for him myself though, I have homework :c If someone finishes the challenges, I would love to hear if there's any problems, thanks!

Out of curiosity, would you mind if I took this idea and messed with it to make a story for the 3DS version?
Yea you can, but make a separate thread. Also contain a link to my thread, and I'll share one to yours.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Out of curiosity, would you mind if I took this idea and messed with it to make a story for the 3DS version?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Event modes are random challenges without connection. This is sorta like event modes with a story and dialogue.
Well not necessarily. Most of them have a certain scenario or theme that only works for certain characters.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome! I can't wait to get home and try these out. Bravo for coming up with something creative and new. I wish they would have included something like this in the actual game.

D

Deleted member 269706

You're a nerd. And I love you for it. Keep it up bud, this is gold.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
Wow! I expected these to just be like normal fights, but they are are actually pretty fun!

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
Announcing:

A whole new way to adventure!
Instead of the individual adventures like this thread, this will just be one long story with every thing connecting. This adventure will be a driect sequal to Subspace Emissary from Brawl. It will be released in seperate chapters that contain 6 battles each. Later today I'll release the thread with the prolouge that will set up the whole series and sadly only contain 3 battles.
Thread Link: http://smashboards.com/threads/adventure-mod-u-subspace-emisarry-2.392113/#post-18628162

Last edited:
Top Bottom