• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project 64 – a Brawl mod by the 64 community

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think FD would get boring pretty quick. Without platforms to move around on there aren't nearly as many options in the neutral game.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
FD is obviously bad for certain matchups (lol DK), but it's the same for Melee. There are similar death matchups there too. (i.e. DK vs Falco or Marth vs a space animal) But it's still legal there. Also, it doesn't mean that it can't be a good stage to have to add more variety. What's cool is that you could fix the ledges of DOOM, blastzones, and the size of the stage.

More stages = good

Not all characters are equally as good on all stages.

Last edited:

sman865

Smash Apprentice
I have a dream of FD with a floor similar to congo jungle. In that you could recover from below or just grab the edge like a normal person. Just a single floating platform that you couldn't fall through. :)

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I literally believe that the optimal strategy for characters like mario and samus would be to plank. Neutral game on FD is so bad that the ledge is a better spot.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I like FD, How to Play, Metal Mario, Kirby Beta 1, and Polygon stage. Sure none of these are perfect but they are definitely better than 80% of the stages that are selectable.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
FD is obviously bad for certain matchups (lol DK), but it's the same for Melee. There are similar death matchups there too. (i.e. DK vs Falco or Marth vs a space animal) But it's still legal there. Also, it doesn't mean that it can't be a good stage to have to add more variety. What's cool is that you could fix the ledges of DOOM, blastzones, and the size of the stage.

More stages = good

Not all characters are equally as good on all stages.
in melee, there's more movement options, as in, wavedashing ---> powershield ---> wavedash, etc... also in 64, you shield a projectile, you enter alot of stun , so the fox player could just make you shield and grab/ shield break iirc

Last edited:
Top Bottom