• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems Project M 3.0 (on CRT) B&W - Flickering etc

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
Before you ask, I've looked at:
http://www.smashmods.com/forum/thread-5733.html

It doesn't work for me :(

Wii info:

• Europan (PAL) Wii
  • RGB > Scart Adapter
  • NTSC backup copy of Brawl
  • CFG Loader or USB Loader

Brawl works absolutely fine on the wii, as well as all of the other games that I own.
However when PM is loaded it will display one of the following features:

If the colours are all apparent it will either:
  • Intro + General game will suffer a slowdown
  • My CRT will flicker and the game will continually scroll upwards and come from the bottom of the screen to the top over and over again.
If the colours are Black and white it will:
  • Gameplay will be fine, but no colours.
  • Slowdown in general.

I've tried changing the hook settings but it seems to continuously do this, when the colour is right the game will scroll, when the colour is wrong everything else is right.

Any ideas?

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
How old is your TV? I have the same problem with my old one (bought 1990), but it works perfectly at my friend's newer CRT.

Last edited:

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
It's an Orion TV134R - No idea as to how old it is tbh, looked online but no dice.
Works well on all my other monitors/CRTs :(

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately tried Force NTSC with AXnextframe and VBI but still going black and white... ?
Tried VidTV patch and same result.

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
I think i'll look into that.
I mean it's not too bad playing on B&W - The only reason i really play PM is because of the AI.

Thanks for your help though Kit :)

coilerr

Smash Cadet
Did you solve the issue?
Im having the same issue with my wii, I was able to solve it on my previous wii by using iOS 248 Hook type wii pad and force pal 60 . But I recently bought a gc compatible wii and I cannot find the right configuration to make it work. Basically its red in ntsc and I get a black screen with Pal60.

What kind of Wii do you have?

Last edited:

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
Did you solve the issue?
Im having the same issue with my wii, I was able to solve it on my previous wii by using iOS 248 Hook type wii pad and force pal 60 . But I recently bought a gc compatible wii and I cannot find the right configuration to make it work. Basically its red in ntsc and I get a black screen with Pal60.

What kind of Wii do you have?
Never got it fixed, I ended up buying another CRT.

Give me a couple days and i'll tell you what Wii I have, I've just moved so it's all in pieces at the moment!

coilerr

Smash Cadet
Hey,
I solved the problem by buying a Component cable which is pretty much the same for the Wii. The thing is with NTSC games is that they only output Component and not RGB so unless you get lucky like I got once and managed to find the settings to make work with RGB you should use a component cable and you wont have any problem anymore. I got mine yday and it looks really good. A new crt wont fix anything I think.

Let me know though.

see you

Top Bottom