• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems Connecting with Project M Netplay

Sk1lledFu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, created an account here because I can't find a solution to my problem online.

I am attempting to use Netplay to play Project M and I am not able to host or connect games.

I am using the 4.0-648 or the 4.0-652 builds of Dolphin and neither of them are working. I have tried disabling all of my firewalls, including my router firewall, and still cannot connect.

Any ideas or fixes would be greatly appreciated!

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm not sure but make sure you go to config->general->force netplay listen port-> the one you pick.

Sk1lledFu

Smash Rookie
I ended up figuring it out.

if others run across this problem I had to open specific ports for dolphin, those being;

2626 TCP on (on insert your IP address)
50010 UDP on (insert your IP address)

I also allowed public access on my windows firewall for dolphin

hope this helps people in the future

L2F

Smash Rookie
Hi we (some friends and myself) appear to be having a similar problem to you although following the steps above did not solve the problem.

the strange thing is people outside our local area (guildford) are able to connect but those of us that live in guildford (even in the same house) are not able to connect. Don't suppose anyone one has any ideas ? we are totally stumped

EDIT:

We are all using the same version of dolphin 4.0-648 all can run Project M on our own machines so have made it correct etc.

Last edited:

Sk1lledFu

Smash Rookie
sorry for a late reply, my fix only allows me to host games, I can't connect to them. Still trying to work that part out

Pakamon

Smash Rookie
I'm encountering the same problem with my friend. I can connect and host games with others, but he can't. I can't see his MS in the netplay lobby.

What exactly do you need to do with uPnP and UDP? Enable uPnP and ?

Thank you

Top Bottom