• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem Ledgehop Uair

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
i have too much trouble with it. i press back then jump and do it but he doesnt land on the stage just rubs against the wall and starts to descend.

pockyD

Smash Legend
probably easier to let go of the edge with down instead of away, because you have to DI towards the stage almost immediately

Mann

Smash Ace
Can you at least ledgehop wave dash at least first?

I use back for it.

Remember you can use the c-stick for DIing as well. Pressing back on the c-stick.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Do NOT press down. If you press it too far, you fast fall. And that's bad.

Press away and immediately slide the control stick upwards. Press A when your control stick hits upward. At least, that's how I do it.

Kinda like that stupid "SHUROUKEN!" uppercut thing in street fighter.

But then, when I do it, I just go back to hanging on the edge. I know I won't be able to sucessfully get back onto the stage since my fingers aren't very fast. I suppose if you want to get ONTO the stage, You have to press forward right when you start your uair animation.

pockyD

Smash Legend
just to elaborate, i tilt down (not all the way, so it's a faster path to forward DI) then immediately slide the stick to towards the stage while jumping (X) and c-sticking up

fast-falling with down isn't a huge deal (and i don't think i end up doing it anyway because i only tilt) because you have to jump almost instantly anyway; there's very little or no falling time

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I had this problem too, but I quickly solved it by pressing the buttons in rapid succession. I just have to dtilt and right away tap X without waiting for any animations

bleh

Smash Rookie
Can you at least ledgehop wave dash at least first?

I use back for it.

Remember you can use the c-stick for DIing as well. Pressing back on the c-stick.
pressing the c-stick in any direction won't cause you to DI >_>

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
pressing the c-stick in any direction won't cause you to DI >_>
QFT.

The only use the C-stick has in DI is ASDI (auto-smash DI), and that will only come into effect during freeze frames, which ledgehopping dosn't have. What I would do to ledgehop a uair with gannon is drop with down, jump immediately with X/Y, and tilt the control stick towards to stage to DI there while you tilt the C-stick up for the aerial.

Hamsterpie

Smash Apprentice
What i do is kinda weird, but works for me. I go back on the analog stick, do a half circle up, and when the stick is up, i hit a. So what happens is:
(away) -> let go
(up) -> jump
(a) ->do uair
(back) -> di towards stage, grab it.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
what I do (and I land on the stage a good 80% of the time) is flcik the c-stick back lightly as not to do bair jump with analog stick angled at the stage instantly with out waiting for drop animtion and c-stick up for uair and u can try to l cancel it but I can't get that quite yet still trying though cuz u don't wanna air dodge but not hit the stage or try wd onto the stage the same way but no uair just air dodge straight across 8) good luck

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I use down for ledgehopped uairs, and i don't see how you guys manage to use back for it. It is very tricky (for me, at least), and is the hardest ledgehopped aerial i know.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Yes I agree !
I use down, jump (Y), U-air (C-stick Up) and B-up to grab the edge.

i_like_food

Smash Rookie
I just treat it as a ledge dash but instead of wavedashing, I press up on the c-stick really quickly.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
The way I do it is by:

Down - lets go off stage

Half Circle Towards Stage - DIing towards stage

Half Circle Up then A- Press it as I am doing half circle

I know I should use the C-stick instead of A, so I'm working on that, but jeez it's a hard tech to get down consistently.

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
by pressing down on the control stick u start the di downwards that's why I suggest trying to get the c-stick incorporated into the drop since it doesn't cause di all u have to do is flick it so it doesn't cause a bair or dair so I guess either way has its flaws oh well

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
The way i've been doing ledgehops for everyone is...

c-stick away - to let go
control stick towards stage - to DI towards stage ( never let go til back on the stage )
x/y ( i use x ) - to dbl jump
c-stick up - to u-air
R - to l-cancel it

(to push jump i use my index finger because of the way i hold the controller)

It works consistently for me...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the best way to do it, as many of us ganon users do, is press down on the joystick, immediately jump, press up right after the jump and then press a right after you press up, it's worked for me for about a year now

Top Bottom