• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem countering Peach.

ILoveTacos

Smash Rookie
Okay so Im running into this annoying peach main that does the following things I notice pretty well, but have no ideas how to counter it. Usually it costs me the match, and I hate this matchup for me.
1. After throwing a turnip, he usually rushes forward with a dash attack. I try to do a shffled aerial and roll back and try any other attacks, but it doesn't work and I get hit by the attack.
2. Everytime he recovers, he recovers high and floats around and when I try to bair him, he airdodges and its quite frustrating trying to prevent him from landing. This is the main thing preventing me from taking a stock from him faster.
3.Down-smashes when I get near him.
4. He roll dodges like a mofo. I try and predict where he rolls but its pretty annoying.

So can anyone give me tips? I know im a newb but I need help.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
1. Shine out of shield.
2. Instead of going for the bair, bait the airdodge and punish it afterwards. That forces him to change it up, and you two will end up in a game of rock paper scissors. Either that or shoot him more.
3. If you're 99% sure he's going to downsmash, charge a downsmash of your own. Yours has invincibility on Falco's feet.
4. I gotta go back to work.

PKSTkimo

Smash Cadet
I love tacos too =P
If he is dash atacking a lot just shield dude, then pwnd him whit shield grab, upsmash oos, shine oos, whatever you want.

He's going high? Laser fast enough so he will end up loosing his 2nd jump. Or bait him so when he airdodges you will be prepared to **** him.

Beware of downsmash, that's some vicious sh**! Aproach with a SHFFL'd dair>shine, but be precise 'cuz if you hit the dair and the shine doesn't hit you will get pwnd. You can just atack him and land behind him far enough so he may use his downsmash and then you can f*** him up.

The best against roll dodging is grabing and some dashdancing aproaching, always try to predict the roll. And try not doing the same thing over and over 'cuz he'll notice of curse

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
lasers are your lover in this matchup. Never approach without one, and always fullhop immediately out of a shine or prepare to eat a c-stick down.

PB&J

Smash Hero
shine oos or dair out of shield to up tilt shine bair to **** and if he rolls alot u can tech chase it with dair to dair to fsmash..and try to force him to d smash for u can **** him for it..just get the timing down and u got this

hamonyou

Smash Cadet
come down on top of her with dair, shine oos, read that airdodge and make her look like a sucker

Top Bottom