• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Probably old, but I didn't see it in the Fox guide...

PCHU

Smash Lord
Shine to usmash?
I know it said waveshine, but I mean from a shine DIRECTLY to a usmash, no jumping or anything....
Sorry if this has already been said, but I didn't see it in the Fox guide, and....well, it's just something I don't know has been found yet.
If so, EXTREMELY sorry, didn't mean to clog up the Fox forum with this.....

Well, this morning I got bored and started playing Melee.
It had been a while since I tried Fox, so I decided to get to a pro level.
I was against a lv. 9 Fox (Sorry, what else am I supposed to do? Invite a pro to my house at 9:45 am?) and I was trying to master the JC shine (which somehow I can now do) when I didn't JC the shine, but usmashed directly out of it.
I tried this again, and it works.

I can't say how sorry I feel if this is old.
Really.
But I haven't seen anyone doing it in a youtube video, so I thought I would tell this here.
I'm known for my moments of stupidity, and my bad if this is one of them.

Seriously, I just wanted to share this here because.....well, I think it's useful.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Yeah, it has been known for a while. It doesn't have many uses, unless you're wallshining someone, like maybe on Pokemon Stadium. Don't feel bad about finding things out though. You never know when you might find something that hasn't already been discovered. I think someone figured some new form of platform dropping fairly recently.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's even in the new Mew2k...who? Fox combo video. He does upthrow shine wavedash back to running shine -> upsmash. Very old.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm aware of the JC grab.

Sorry, just didn't notice it anywhere....
I'm still working with Fox, and that's the only thing that I didn't see done before.
I just found you can do almost anything out of a shine.
I found a few combos with it, but I'm sure they've been done before.
Though some of the things I do in practice I haven't seen pros do...
I do a lot of chasing, and....well, maybe I'll get a video of gameplay.

Sorry this has been found.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
Watch some Zelgadis vids. Keep working on it though. That kind of stuff isn't used nearly as much as it should be compared to like the drillshine.

Top Bottom