• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Controller or GameCube?

MobileMUTMan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just picked up Ultimate a few hours ago, and I quickly realized I'll go insane playing with the JoyCons. I need to pick up a new controller. I'm getting a Nintendo official one for sure, but do you guys think its worth the extra $ to pick up the pro controller over the wired GC? Let me know, thanks.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm a fan of the Gamecube controller.
Suits me much better.
-Octagate
-uniquely shaped face buttons
-mechanical triggers
feels good.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't plan on using either, (I'm a massive fan of the Gamecube and love it's controls, but I prefer to just adapt to the new controls every time a new Smash game comes out) on a new platform) but if you're really used to the operating a Gamecube controller in past Smash games, then I'd say try going for that one.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Just based on how i play with the switch joycon controller i know id be a savage if i had a pro controller. Or even better a 360 controller

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
The powera gamecube pro controllers are great, don't listen to the few bad reviews. It's a good build with better ztrigger and full pro controller functionality.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine playing Smash with anything but a GC controller, the buttons have always felt so deliberately placed, specific to smash bros.
I'm still using the same controller back from like 2002.

Kinda, sorta, thinking of buying a new one.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The pro controller is the best. It only took a couple matches to become used to it.

Top Bottom