• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess of Insects? Agitha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord

Agitha is a 10 year old girl who first appeared in the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. She is a character who is actually surprisingly popular, and is considered by many to be one of the main characters of the game. She lives in Hyrule Castle Town, but of course is taken over by twilight along with the rest of her residence. She has an affinity with golden bugs, and awards Link with items should he collect and give them to her. She also has a fun personality. For example, unlike most Hylians, if you encounter Agitha as Wolf Link, instead of acting scared like every other character in the game, she is very calm to the extent of calling him "puppy" and asking him if he wants to play. For a 10 year old this is pretty impressive, and it also adds on to her popularly spooky persona.

Agitha has received a surprising amount of attention from Nintendo; enough to feature in both the Twilight Princess trading card game and for a playable role in Nintendo's new game Hyrule Warriors, which is especially impressive seeing as how there are only 9 character slots in that game, and at least 2 of them are original for the game! Her inclusion in Hyrule Warriors is a really great thing for her possibly being on the roster for smash, as it gives her material for a moveset in Super Smash Bros. 4. The Legend of Zelda franchise also has 2 major components not yet represented - the sidekicks and the sidequests - and now that Agitha is in Hyrule Warriors she could represent both.

Hyrule Warriors Videos:
(AGITHA FINISHED AT 0:43)

Possible attacks (note: not fully complete yet. We need more information for a diverse moveset realistically, but the Final Smash and Neutral Special are there, along with taunts and physical attacks. I also want more inspiration from Twilight Princess):

Physical attacks:
A: Parasol Swipe.
AA: Parasol Swipe in other direction.
AAA: Creates a small whirlwind in front of her which provides

Forward Smash: Throws a bug out of her parasol which fly at differing speeds. They continue going until they fall off-stage. In order from fastest to slowest:
Light Beetle, Butterfly, Stag Beetle, Spider, Cricket, Ant, Stick Insect. I don't know if these bugs have special LoZ names, but these are clearly the bugs in which they are based off of in the game. The parasol deals more damage than the bug, except for the ant onwards, with the faster bugs being the weakest. However, the Light Beetle also has hitstun because it's so light, making the butterfly the worst bug to get. The bug you choose is chosen at random.

Upwards Smash: Agitha spins her parasol above her first, and then jabs upwards quickly with her spear end. The parasol is a horizontal smash, whilst the spear is a strict vertical finisher. Timing is key to utilize this attack to its fullest potential.

Downwards Smash: Agitha crouches down whilst her butterfly wings on her back extend to the flow sharply swiping at anyone who nears Agitha. You can see the butterfly wings in the below screenshots (particularly a nice view of a single one in the bottom screenshot). Sakurai could have a ball detailing those wings.

Side Special -- Bug Frenzy. She takes out a glass bottle of 3 bugs and smashes it against another opponent. The bug inside the pot flies/scuttles away. They are chosen randomly each time, but they do damage. Stag Beetle: Explodes upon stepping on them. Ants: Pitfalls upon stepping on them. Butterfly: Plant damage to whoever hits them while they are flying. Cricket: Jumps around, latches on and deals shadow damage if hit. Stick Insect: Stays still like a mine. Spider: Deals bite damage when touched. RARE -- Light Beetle: Creates a smart bomb explosion if stepped on. Hurts Agitha if she is in range.

SEE 0:36 IN THE ABOVE AGITHA AND A PARASOL TRAILER

Down Special -- Whirlwind. Agitha summons a whirlwind which spins characters around and deals damage to them. This lasts for a couple of second, until Agitha's Golden Butterfly swoops in and rams the characters away. The whirlwind is about the size of Charizard widthways, but it stretches to the top and bottom of the screen, so it's quite thin. Whirlwind: 10% per second inside. Butterfly: 20%, High Knockback.

Final Smash -- Stag Beetle. Agitha summons a stag beetle which jabs at opponents and scuttles along the stage. The bigger the stage the longer this final smash lasts, giving it more time to scurry about.

Neutral Special -- Butterflight. Agitha summons butterflies around her to reflect projectiles. They do small amounts of damage and little knockback if an opponent hits them, however they provide fantastic hitstun.

Taunt -- Blue Love. Agitha takes out this blue butterfly, stares at her admiringly, and then places her back in her jar and then into her pocket.

Taunt -- Yellow Love. Agitha takes out her yellow butterfly, lets it fly around her head for a second before it dives back into her hair.

Stage Idea:

Agitha's Castle (where else?)

Basically, the platform is composed of 2 parts. The tree, and the floor. The big tree trunk is quite tall, and has several branches in the tree on the way up to it. There is a segment to the far left of the tree with branches back to the main battlefield, which is honestly there just to camp lol. Bob-ombs pass through the ledges though, so don't worry about sudden death shenanigans! ^_^ The other segment is a flat surface with a slightly higher area being the cupboard of potions. This is just the rest of the room, and would have lots of great details there. This stage would be fairly straight forward, and quite competitive I think. Not tournament legal, but quite competitve! :p

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPndiXtDlII
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nq-gEG-E04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwMc3RsF-1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgEIRBsTaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHoPxAfy_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm-pxmiv6Gs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr-I76OxsVg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNt1JAQk93k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iltlMCj3Lw

Twilight Princess has some of the best music in video gaming, I swear! ;-;

Arguments & Counter Arguments:
Agitha is not important enough / Agitha does not represent anything new for the Zelda series!

I would have to disagree, for this game, in particular. Someone points this out, but I'm making a big deal out of Agitha being in Hyrule Warriors. Why? Well it shows that, unlike the majority of Zelda NPCs, Agitha isn't a sort of "one-night stand yay for popularity" kind of character. Nintendo is bringing her back for more. She wouldn't have been in Skyward Sword - bugs are almost non-existant in the game, and it's a prequel, whilst Agitha is already only 10 years old - however, bugs have been a thing in Zelda for a long time; think the bees in A Link to the Past. There is no reason why Agitha would not represent the bug-catching sidequests in other Zelda games. Instead of a large man dressed as a bee, actually have her own established characters.

So why did I say for this game in particular? Well Sakurai is looking forward with his reps in this game. Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer. Rosalina and Chorus Men are all good examples of this. Sakurai is choosing characters who maybe aren't incredibly popular, but who have bright futures. Agitha would be another great character for this. The Legend of Zelda franchise doesn't really have many spin-offs, but Agitha, having been in one/one plausible games, has already found her place in one. Especially one with limited slots. This is slightly reminiscent of Rosalina, don't you think? Also, because of Link's hunter-type attire in Zelda U, I see a bug-hunting sidequest in that game a huge probability, especially with it's huge open-world. Agitha would be absolutely perfect here. If Zelda U comes before Twilight Princess, which it probably will as TP is quite late in the Zelda Timeline, then Agitha could be a tiny little toddler, or maybe about 6 or 7. That would be really nostalgic for players of TP (which oh my God was 8 years ago... I feel old 9.9) to see their favourite princess (screw you Zelda) in a baby form. It worked with the Mario humans, why not Agitha? Her future is bright and Sakurai will probably love that. He would also know if Agitha is in Zelda U or not, most likely, so it could change his mind. We know that the game has been in the works for several years, too, so Agitha could easily be on the roster at the start of the game, like Sakurai says it was.

And she's already in more games than some really popular possible characters. She's now in the same number of games as Midna and Skull Kid, and more than Ghirahim and Demise. Note that the latter 2 can never return until a pre-prequel, as Demise literally found his demise, unlike Ganon. Midna and Agitha can return in any games after Twilight Princess (or a bit before) and Skull Kid... just pops up lol. She also now has as many games as Toon Link and Young Link did at the time or Brawl and Melee's releases respectively.

Another human! Imaginative!

She would be unique. She's not another human with swords, or tornado attacks. She uses magic, and while she could share some qualities with Zelda in theory, it would be easy to differ the two. She's also the only child in Smash Bros. besides the Mother kids, who to me feel a lot more like teenagers than children, which after searching it up reveals that Ness is a teenager. Lucas is prepubescent, but they're the same size and feel the same. Agitha would feel like a child, being quite light, cheery and ignorant, just like her persona in the games, and it would also have her being a bit headstrong and reckless like a child would and like she is in TP. This would give her an overall different feel to the other human characters. Especially with Agitha's whole... fairy-tale look to her. For those of you who wanted Lip in the game, Agitha might be a nice temporary replacement!

Competition:
Right now, Agitha's main competition is: Impa, Tingle and Vaati. It would be Midna too, but she is confirmed as an Assist Trophy. Personally, I feel as if the likelihood of the characters above getting in go in the reverse order: Vaati, Tingle and then Impa. I will tackle them the way I mentioned first, though.

Impa
Why in over Impa? Agh, this point. This has been pointed out a lot, but I'm going to try and keep it short this time: moveset potential. Impa is another sword-wielding fighter who... well yeah. She wields a sword. He combo attack in Hyrule Warriors is literally Marth's Dancing Blade with a couple of changes, and she would truly play too similarly to the rest of the cast. I myself would certainly consider neither of them "all-stars", but then again I don't consider Rosalina, Shulk, Chrom, Roy (in melee) or Captain Falcon all-stars, either. Impa has appeared in more titles, yes, but she rarely actually interacts with Link. While she IS a Sheikah and a Sage and all of that good stuff, both of those niches are taken by Sheik and Zelda respectively.

Impa herself only appears in 8 unique titles - Zelda I, The Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages and Seasons, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds and Hyrule Warriors - and in all of those cases she has little interaction with the player himself. I don't recall her appearing in Zelda I or II in the game itself, and researching further implies this, though I don't have a definitive answer. Therefore, the first time Impa actually appeared in a game was in Ocarina of Time, pretty much throwing the whole argument of seniority out of the window. She has decent player interaction in Ocarina of Time, but once again much of her actual use is about lore. The only actual thing she does in the game as far as I can see is teaching Link "Zelda's Lullaby", which is an amazing song. Does teaching it to Link get you a place in Smash, though? Maybe not... Impa looks hilarious in the Oracle games, but once against she doesn't do too much. This is one of the few times she actually IS a Sheikah rather than a Hyrulian (how the hell does one simply change race through ancestry?). Basically, in Oracle of Ages, Impa gets possessed and pretty much creates the whole problem of Veran possessing a goddess. Sure, she gives Link the Hero's Sword, but that's not too impressive there, Impa! In Oracle of Seasons, she's there for one battle, and then gets hurt and just lives in a house for the rest of the game, telling Link to go and talk to a tree... OK, we all know Impa does a lot in Skyward Sword! Well, yeah. In the cut scenes. I can't think of a moment where Link can interact with Impa in the game. A Link Between Worlds is similar, too. Impa is there, but only in cutscenes. I suppose you interact with her while she's a painting, though...

So basically, while Impa has got around and done a hell of a lot in the Zelda franchise, only the hardcore fans know that. The more casual gamers think much less of her than they do of Agitha if you just play through the game. Even if you study things carefully. Arguably her biggest role, Oracle of Ages, only has her appearing right at the start of the game. Without seeing her official artwork, I'd also imagine her as extremely flighty in that game. Skyward Sword is her other big title, and you don't interact with her once, therefore she is not memorable in the slightest.

Therefore, I argue with the one main-series game Agitha is in, she has a bigger impact on the player than all of Impa's appearances put together. Unless you bought a story book thing to go along with your Zelda I game, Impa in Ocarina of Time was her first appearance for you. She has incredibly minor roles, and her appearances from game to game all look very different. Therefore, the player also commonly fails to realize that all of the Impas are actually the same, or whether a particular character is Impa at all! You know who Agitha is. She is that little creepy 10-Year Old from Twilight Princess. She gives you the big wallet, the giant wallet and a bunch of rupees if you bring bugs to her, which in itself is a fun little mini-quest type thing. A player who has played through Twilight Princess recently will be able to say "oh! Agitha! She's..." immediately. A player who's played through a game with Impa in (besides Hyrule Warriors) in recently would most likely have to think first before they can detail what she actually does in the game.

I would also like to argue that Agitha is more POPULAR than Impa. Yes, I know, it's a thing. If you search "Impa Zelda -'hyrule warriors' -dynasty" (because some people are calling Hyrule warriors Legend of Zelda Dynasty) the first result is... uhh... this..... I'm going through the search results and I can find nothing like deviantart, or any substantial fan's work besides some stories some people are writing, and threads talking about her being hot and whether she is black or not. If we search "Agitha Zelda -'hyrule warriors' -dynasty" the first result is this. Why is it actually a YouTube video about Agitha? Well, for one thing, she DOES SOMETHING in her game. Seriously, search "Impa -hyrule -warriors" into YouTube. You get some some Skyward Sword things there. The second result is about a mod of Ocarina of Time, not actually Ocarina of Time, and the majority of the videos don't appear to like Impa very much. For example, one of the videos is titled SPOILER ALERT FOR SKYWARD SWORD:
this. If this isn't fan's work, then I don't know what is... yeah, OK.... Here's more of some fan's work...

Tingle
I feel like Tingle's huge hate base may stop him getting in Smash Bros. Agitha and Tingle feature in entirely different games, though and they both fulfill similar roles. Except Agitha is in Hyrule Warriors, and has a LOT more moveset potential. As such, I believe Agitha would be selected over Tingle. She is more recent, appearing in Twilight Princess AND Hyrule Warriors, while Tingle's most recent non-remake appearance was Brawl. They are similar characters, both having an interesting and slightly childish look (very childish in the case of Agitha), but overall, I believe that Agitha doesn't have a hate base, while Tingle has a huge one. Agitha has a fan base, Tingle does too, but it is noticeably smaller than his hate base. The one thing working against Agitha, is that Tingle did get his own game to himself. This could give him moveset potential, but the way he fights would be very generic in Super Smash Bros., so I don't see it being a huge factor. As such, because the moveset material is right THERE, and Agitha is a more recent character fulfilling a similar role to Tingle, as well as adding more diversity to the roster, I whole-heartedly believe that she would be selected BEFORE Tingle would.

Vaati
I really have no counter-arguments for Vaati. I believe he should be in this installment of Smash Bros.. I also believe that Agitha should be in this installment. As such, I am hoping that one is DLC and the other is on-disk; they both deserve it. Once again, though, Agitha has being current on her side, and, once AGAIN, moveset potential up-straight and right there. I am unsure who Sakurai would choose; Ganondorf is already there as a villain for Zelda, whilst we lack a sidekick for Link at this stage, so for maximum potential representation Agitha would be the better choice. However, Vaati is very much a powerful contender, and I look forward to playing as either or both of them as soon as one or both of them get into this game. I am 100% confident that at least one of them will.

So, what do you guys think of Agitha in the Legend of Zelda? She appears to be a character which has received a truly surprising amount of attention from Nintendo, which is easy to miss, such as being in the Trading Card Game, her unique personality and her incredibly detailed design for a non-main NPC in... well any game on the GameCube/Wii.

Agitha's Golden Bugs:
jigglover
andimidna
majora_787
BlodermOder
jaytalks
MorbidAltruism
Armlesspuppeteer09
8-peacock-8
choronomantic
Mega Bidoof
TitanTeaTime
Erotic&Heretic
DukeNapoleon
KatKit
Sobreviviente

majorasmaskfan
Brickbuild101
Star_Lee

Last edited:
You made a huge deal about her being in Hyrule Warriors...

I'm sure we'll be seeing support threads for just about every Zelda character there is soon... :smirk:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Raaaaaggghh!!!!!
Iw a just about to make this!
Would have been a great addition to my old WTF threads.

Anyway, I support.
A bug-using character would be much more original than another blue-haired swordsman.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Totally called that a support thread for her was going to happen!

We need some gameplay of her.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know what, I kind of like this idea.
Supporting. Even though it's probably too late in the process for Hyrule Warriors to matter, but I can get behind this anyway.

andimidna

Smash Master
I was gonna make this ;_;

Well, at least I still got my Cia thread :shades:

Anyways, I have always strangely... liked... Agitha, a lot...
Heh. Yea, I don't know why. That design, I just, she's just, I love it.
I support and will make sure her thread doesn't die! ^o^
I know you have bugs...

andimidna

Smash Master
Here's her Brawl appearance for the OP if you want~

"A strange young girl who lives like a fairy-tale princess in Hyrule Castle Town. She has an eccentric attachment to Golden Bugs. In exchange for these bugs, Agitha gives you wallets and Rupees. Whether or not you actually have any bugs, Agitha suggests that you must be hiding them from her."

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Saw this coming from a light year away.

Anyhow, though Agitha definitely looks like a very interesting fighter in Hyrule Warriors, in Super Smash Bros the most we can probably hope for is an Assist Trophy.

I do not know why, but she always sort of gave me the creeps in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Probably because I am terrified of insects and arachnids.

andimidna

Smash Master
Agitha's Hyrule Warriors character bio translated:

"Agitha is the self-proclaimed princess of the insect kingdom, late of the Era of Twilight. Agitha keeps a bright smile on at all times and looks at the world through a sweeter lens than her allies. But just because she's so cheery doesn't excuse her from battle!
Agitha’s parasol is her standard weapon, though her real strength resides in the bugs she summons forth in times of need, such as a giant beetle or a magnificent butterfly. Never underestimate the power of an insect princess!"

From the pictures and other info it looks like
-Lana saves Agitha
-Agitha gives her a butterfly to protect her as a reward
-Midna takes that butterfly away from Lana... for some reason she's evil... maybe she kills it... idk.

Looks like character interactions are mostly going by 3s... so I can't wait to see how she interacts with Lana and Midna, also can't wait to see the next 3 characters... currently betting on Ashei, Groose, and Tingle.

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Is Lana from Oracle of Ages? I only have seasons on the 3ds.

Edit: Nevermind. She's an Original Character?

Anyway Agatha could be a cute Version of that incect lady in Mortal Kombat X

She can Grow Giant Butterfly wings as her up B and then Fly like pits Old Brawl up B (Or Villagers up B)
Down B could be her dropping a wallet of Ruppee's or something. You probably go to tingles thread and take some ruppee moves from there because she is loaded after all.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
With Agitha being in Hyrule Warriors, as it sits now she has a better track record than Ghirahim. And that makes me laugh. As hilarious as a character as Agitha would be and unlikely as I think she is to happen, I'm totally fine with supporting her just in case. :p

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
All for supporting her.... but no one here actually thinks she could possible be in it, right? Right?

jigglover

Smash Lord
Here's her Brawl appearance for the OP if you want~

"A strange young girl who lives like a fairy-tale princess in Hyrule Castle Town. She has an eccentric attachment to Golden Bugs. In exchange for these bugs, Agitha gives you wallets and Rupees. Whether or not you actually have any bugs, Agitha suggests that you must be hiding them from her."
Oh, hey! This shows that. Sakurai already likes. Agitha's character, since. I don't think that many characters from TP got trophies in brawl! ^_^
I'll add it to the. OP once I'm at a computer.

Also LMAO at everyone I ninja'd with tis thread. I literally just dropped everything when she was in Hyrule Warriors and started typing. I was actually going to make a support thread for her before but completely failed when thinking of good specials lol.

Altais

Smash Champion
Looks like character interactions are mostly going by 3s... so I can't wait to see how she interacts with Lana and Midna, also can't wait to see the next 3 characters... currently betting on Ashei, Groose, and Tingle.
I think a Goron character would be pretty interesting as well. Right now, mine most wanted characters for Hyrule Warriors are Darunia, Ashei, and Skull Kid. Princess Ruto could be interesting as well; perhaps she could borrow off of Zora Link's abilities in Majora's Mask. She could also use a spear/halberd like the Zoras in Twilight Princess did.

But anyway, to get back on topic... If Agitha did make it in Smash as an assist trophy, it would be cool if she summoned a giant beetle like she apparently does in Hyrule Warriors. Said beetle could ram an opponent with its horn, sending them flying sky high, or even Star KO'ing them, depending on their damage percentage. The beetle could be very slow, but extremely powerful.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing I know about Agitha

(First pic I found when trying to figure out who she was)

I wish someone would play with my earrings with their tongue

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, nobody expected the Wii Fit Trainer...
I truly expected a wii fit rep as far back as Brawl.
It being called 'trainer' was not something I expected.
I dont think any of his choices are all that unheard of given how they fit.
This character, for a zelda rep, while unique, does not aid Zelda's representation at this time.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I truly expected a wii fit rep as far back as Brawl.
It being called 'trainer' was not something I expected.
I dont think any of his choices are all that unheard of given how they fit.
This character, for a zelda rep, while unique, does not aid Zelda's representation at this time.
Nice pun :p

Anyway, I'm adding an arguments and counterarguments soon (starting now, finishing later) for Agitha, and one of the arguments for her not being in is the point you just posed there, so look forward to seeing that answer!

Altais

Smash Champion
Am I the only one who wants Fi playable in Hyrule Warriors?
I could definitely see Fi being playable, along with Ghirahim. Both characters could have a graceful, dancing-oriented fighting style; something none of the currently confirmed characters in the game have. Whilst Fi's play style could be more fluid, Ghirahim's could be more aggressive.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
I could definitely see Fi being playable, along with Ghirahim. Both characters could have a graceful, dancing-oriented fighting style; something none of the currently confirmed characters in the game have. Whilst Fi's play style could be more fluid, Ghirahim's could be more aggressive.
YES THANK YOU. IM NOT ALONE ON THIS. YES YES YES.
But yea the gameplay ideas are all in Skyward Sword, something we can't say about all the characters (Agitha....)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Impa is more likely bro.
This.

Not to to crash a party or anything, but one is a Zelda character who actually matters to the main series and recur inside the canon storyline itself who just happens to be playable for the first ime in a spin-off.

The other is a one timer who somehow by miracle got playable status. The reaction to Agitha being playable is more ''Huh?" than ''WOW."

Still doesn't knock Agitha's uniqueness. She'd just never get in past assist trophy status (and she'd be lucky to get that) when there are more important recurring elements to rep Zelda than this character who just got lucky to grace herself with a playable appearance in a spin-off.

jigglover

Smash Lord
This.

Not to to crash a party or anything, but one is a Zelda character who actually matters to the main series and recur inside the canon storyline itself who just happens to be playable for the first ime in a spin-off.

The other is a one timer who somehow by miracle got playable status. The reaction to Agitha being playable is more ''Huh?" than ''WOW."

Still doesn't knock Agitha's uniqueness. She'd just never get in past assist trophy status (and she'd be lucky to get that) when there are more important recurring elements to rep Zelda than this character who just got lucky to grace herself with a playable appearance in a spin-off.
OK, well basically this is my problem with Impa: they are barely ever referred to as Impa in the games. I'm actually really observant in things like video games and TV shows and I tend to catch things that everyone else misses, but for the longest time I didn't realize that all of Zelda's bodyguards were supposed to all be of the same bloodline like Link and Zelda are. I feel like lots of other people missed it too, and that, as well as the fact that Sheik already represents everything that Impa would anyway, is really bad for his chances. Not one character in smash, besides the Pokemon series ( but Sakurai tried hard witht hat in Brawl with PT) represents something unneeded or completely pointless in a series. Impa would have neither a unqiue play style or unique characteristics and design inside of their own franchise at that. I just feel like Sakurai knows better than to include a fallible character like Impa, and would begin to look at recent, popular choices instead which are a bit off the wall. This is where someone like Agitha steps in, who, because of her inclusion in Hyrule Warriors, is really bloody popular right now. I haven't seem a single person yet say "she shouldn't be in Hyrule Warriors" which is pretty great going for the internet. Personally O went "WOW! THIS IS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER!" When Agitha was revealed because it brought back so many memories to me. I'm not that affected by nostalgia, but Agitha was always someone I associated with TP and I feel like maybe in Smash 5 she or Midna wouls be the perfect representative for the game alongside Hyrule Warrios. Agitha would be more recurring by that stage, probably, so I feel like she may have the edge. I still want her in Smash 4 though, and I will be legitimately disappointed if Impa gets in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is being represented by Sheik, cause Sheik already presesents everything Impa does?

Okay, since when did Sheik do this:

Your point is already invallid with that. I thought of this thread as a serious joke thread, cause always when some character pops up in a newly announced game, it´ll automatically get a support thread. Figure one would come for Agitha, but c´mon would you really expect Agitha to be chosen over Impa? It´s funny how you say she´s `really bloody popular´ because of Hyrule Warriors. But I guess Impa isn´t? :laugh:

Really, Impa is re-occuring and every role she ever had was probably way more important than the NPC loli girl obsessed with golden buys. Impa has her sure role in the franchise. Agitha will probably only return if they feel like Link has to collect and breed all sorts of golden buys to finally be able to pick and collect all Rupees he makes by cutting grass. She has a real minor role in Twilight Princess, don´t expect her to become a staple to the series. And even if, she´ll just be the side quest bug collecting queen. Yay? Meanwhile, we have Impa with a serious badass sword fighting style ready to be used again in any Zelda game where they´d see it fit to have a well abled body guard for the princess Zelda.

It´s honestly no competition. Sorry to hijack your thread like this, but the Hyrule Warrior of choice will have to be Impa.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Honestly Diddy, Agitha brings more to this series' representation than Impa does. Sheik is by far the best known Sheikah and is the only one most of us care about...
I don't think that's true. I know Sheik is incredibly popular, but Impa has a following, too. My friends and I are all fond of Impa's many incarnations, whereas I completely forgot about Agitha. And Twilight Princess was my favorite entry in the series.

Sakurai makes some bizarre choices, sure, but the obscure characters he picks are the main characters of their franchises. He's never picked an obscure character that played a minor role in a series that already has sizable representation.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
People talking of who deserves more to be in SSB4, Agitha or Impa. And Im just sitting here, hoping for the Groose to get loose.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really interested in arguing. I want people to enjoy their Agitha support thread. But when someone makes a claim like "No one likes Impa," I'm not going to keep silent, because I actually do like Impa. One character's support thread shouldn't need to be another character's hate thread.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Same. I want them to have a happy place to support their character so this is my last post but as I had quickly forgotten who Agitha was and had to be reminded of who she was when they said she was playable with Lana.

I can safely say that is not the case with Impa at all. My love affair with Impa started back in HS playing through Ocarina and when she was revealed to be one of the Seven Sages I was both happy and pleased that such an awesome secondary character had such an important part in saving the land of Hyrule.

Going back and seeing her various incarnations and her differences in each one just like their are with each versions of Link and Zelda and Ganon is one of the highlights for me of the Zelda series. When I think of Zelda. She's right there with Link, Zelda, Ganon and even Tingle to me as the most important faces of the franchise.

It's simply easy to see why she was chosen to be the first face to be shown as playable. People do love her. They really do. I love her just as much as I love the other 4 most recurring faces in the series and the moment she was announced playable was a day I knew Hyrule Warrios would be a buy for me.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
OK, well basically this is my problem with Impa: they are barely ever referred to as Impa in the games. I'm actually really observant in things like video games and TV shows and I tend to catch things that everyone else misses, but for the longest time I didn't realize that all of Zelda's bodyguards were supposed to all be of the same bloodline like Link and Zelda are. I feel like lots of other people missed it too, and that, as well as the fact that Sheik already represents everything that Impa would anyway, is really bad for his chances. Not one character in smash, besides the Pokemon series ( but Sakurai tried hard witht hat in Brawl with PT) represents something unneeded or completely pointless in a series. Impa would have neither a unqiue play style or unique characteristics and design inside of their own franchise at that. I just feel like Sakurai knows better than to include a fallible character like Impa, and would begin to look at recent, popular choices instead which are a bit off the wall. This is where someone like Agitha steps in, who, because of her inclusion in Hyrule Warriors, is really bloody popular right now. I haven't seem a single person yet say "she shouldn't be in Hyrule Warriors" which is pretty great going for the internet. Personally O went "WOW! THIS IS LIKE THE BEST THING EVER!" When Agitha was revealed because it brought back so many memories to me. I'm not that affected by nostalgia, but Agitha was always someone I associated with TP and I feel like maybe in Smash 5 she or Midna wouls be the perfect representative for the game alongside Hyrule Warrios. Agitha would be more recurring by that stage, probably, so I feel like she may have the edge. I still want her in Smash 4 though, and I will be legitimately disappointed if Impa gets in.
Impa is female, I noticed you said 'his' at one point. Anyway, Sheik doesn't use a huge sword like Impa does in hyrule warriors, and even though I love Agitha, Impa is definitely more likely.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do think it's quite cool that Hyrule Warriors reach into such a neat little corner of the Zelda universe and said ''Hey. This girl has a neat design and an interesting concept. Let's pick her." It's certainly something I don't think anyone saw coming.

I will definitely play her quite a lot, but then I'm kind of planning to play everyone revealed for Hyrule Warriors so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom