• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It's funny, the only way I'd like to see Daisy in Brawl would be as a clone. Because that would mean she was a late addition, so she didn't take the place of a more important character. But that would not work either, Daisy is not supposed to float, use turnips, use Toad, etc. Hmmm... no, Daisy will most likely NOT be in Brawl.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Note: Anything I didn't respond to is either A) irrelevant, or B) a pointless argument that won't lead to any sort of decision.

and she can be in representing the Mario Parties/Kart/Sports...Dr. MArio has nothing to do with the Mario canon games, he was in...Opens possibilities for other SPin off characters, Daisy being the major one can take the spot.
Doc was included due to time restraints during Melee's production. I highly, highly doubt we'll be seeing him or any other "Mario (Insert Activity Here)" characters in Brawl, because they've had the time necessary to create a roster of fully original characters. Why include a Peach wannabe instead of Professor Elvin Gadd? Paper Mario? Bowser Jr.? All innovative characters that give more credit to the Mario franchise than Daisy ever could (being one of the more iconic characters in generic sports games =/= being a main villain in a major Mario game)

Thats true, Peach is the Damsel-in-Distress of the whole franchise. However Daisy can be in representing the Spin Offs. In Melee, the dr. was in ...his game is basically a spin off and he's just another Mario...Nothing is closing the doors for Daisy, she's actually more variety than Dr. Mario...now that she has her personality built well.
Once again: Doc was added for the sake of having a certain amount of characters. And it should be said that they probably considered Daisy as another count towards their quota, but decided to go with a Mario clone based off a Tetris rip-off instead. What does that say about Daisy's popularity over in Smash HQ?

They helped Mario grow and evolve even more, the Spin Offs can be payed off with a character
They did no such thing. The games aren't good across the board, which results in a lot of indifference towards them from the gaming community. People get hot and bothered over Mario games like Galaxy, not Toadstool Tour. The Sports games take a far backseat to the main Mario games, and as such, won't be seeing representation on the character level until those games have exhausted their myriad possibilities.

Actually she counts as a Mario character, if she gets in...she got in before Mario characters, if Other characters from other franchises don't get in it was not her fault.
But there are more important, more original Mario characters. No clones in Brawl mean Daisy's chances are even lower.

Roy got in before FE characters, how did he affect Diddy not being in Melee?
Who would they have cloned Diddy from? Roy got in because they were strapped for time and needed a certain amount of characters. They already had Marth, so they tweaked his moveset and put in on a new skin. Diddy would've just required too much time to create.

The point is, with no clones in Brawl, most (if not all) of the characters will be very different from one another, and those that do look alike (Mario and Luigi, Falco and Fox), will have radically different movesets. With such diverse characters, adding Daisy, who is A) not anywhere near as important as Falco or Luigi and B) not different enough from Peach would be very much against the grain.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
Note: Anything I didn't respond to is either A) irrelevant, or B) a pointless argument that won't lead to any sort of decision.

Doc was included due to time restraints during Melee's production. I highly, highly doubt we'll be seeing him or any other "Mario (Insert Activity Here)" characters in Brawl, because they've had the time necessary to create a roster of fully original characters. Why include a Peach wannabe instead of Professor Elvin Gadd? Paper Mario? Bowser Jr.? All innovative characters that give more credit to the Mario franchise than Daisy ever could (being one of the more iconic characters in generic sports games =/= being a main villain in a major Mario game)

Once again: Doc was added for the sake of having a certain amount of characters. And it should be said that they probably considered Daisy as another count towards their quota, but decided to go with a Mario clone based off a Tetris rip-off instead. What does that say about Daisy's popularity over in Smash HQ?

They did no such thing. The games aren't good across the board, which results in a lot of indifference towards them from the gaming community. People get hot and bothered over Mario games like Galaxy, not Toadstool Tour. The Sports games take a far backseat to the main Mario games, and as such, won't be seeing representation on the character level until those games have exhausted their myriad possibilities.

But there are more important, more original Mario characters. No clones in Brawl mean Daisy's chances are even lower.

Who would they have cloned Diddy from? Roy got in because they were strapped for time and needed a certain amount of characters. They already had Marth, so they tweaked his moveset and put in on a new skin. Diddy would've just required too much time to create.

The point is, with no clones in Brawl, most (if not all) of the characters will be very different from one another, and those that do look alike (Mario and Luigi, Falco and Fox), will have radically different movesets. With such diverse characters, adding Daisy, who is A) not anywhere near as important as Falco or Luigi and B) not different enough from Peach would be very much against the grain.
Um... DK :laugh: ?

And before you say 'he is too unique to be a clone', Ganondorf was a clone of C. Falcon.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Doctor Mario was the STAR of his spin-off SERIES.

At any rate, if the announcement of no clones is actually true, then I don't expect Daisy as an actual character for the most part (maybe a >.001% chance). Still, I'm 99% expecting her as a costume change at least (sadly, much MUCH less chance for a voice change to go with it). After all, she was a costume change in Melee.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Um... DK :laugh: ?

And before you say 'he is too unique to be a clone', Ganondorf was a clone of C. Falcon.
But can you really imagine Diddy headbutting his enemies down through the floor? Or slamming the ground to create shockwaves?

Methinks Ganon was a Falcon clone because Falcon's got an original moveset that doesn't draw from any games (for example, it wouldn't make sense for Ganon to throw a boomerang or shoot a fireball), and it's a very "brutal" moveset. If Falcon wasn't in it, the moveset would fit Ganon very well.

But Diddy has some signature moves that would've taken time to program, and DK has some signature moves that wouldn't make sense on Diddy (the ground slap).

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I could care less if Daisy is in Brawl, but I do believe it's a remote possibility. She's evolved in the years and developed more of a personality. I don't care for her much, but she has a fan-base, and if Nintendo can get creative enough to include her in the game, then whatever will be, will be.

It is what it is.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I could care less if Daisy is in Brawl, but I do believe it's a remote possibility. She's evolved in the years and developed more of a personality. I don't care for her much, but she has a fan-base, and if Nintendo can get creative enough to include her in the game, then whatever will be, will be.

It is what it is.
Yup yup yup, if it happens then yay for me and the rest of the supporters. If not well the, aww... maybe next time? :ohwell:

tstumo

Smash Journeyman

Doc was added because Sakurai i believe wanted a way to use the doctor mario theme. what does that say about Wario's popularity whom of which had many games and wasnt in the original ssb and got bypassed again in melee. and he should have been considered from the get go. and not because of constraints. Luigi got de- mario fied and Daisy wont even be a Peach clone.

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
OK about this clonne issue. To clarify: clone =/= looks to everybod saying that daisy looks are affecting her chances has an imediate failing arguement.

The reason why there were clones in the first place was because the moves between two characters were too similar. Ever noticed why capt falcon and ganondorf were clones? how about marth and roy? oh and pichu and pikachu? It was because of moves not looks. Plus plese give us some proof that clones were excluded in the first place because clones (meaning movesets) are an absolute must in a smash game based on melee.

Example: Fox's down A attack, up A attack, side A attack, down A areial, up A areial is surprisenly similar to kirby's attacks and jigglypuffs attacks. Same could be said about falco too. In a way they're moves were cloned from eachother but no one seems to notice this. and then there's pikachus down A attack, Bowsers down A attack,and peach's down A attack. All similar with the only difference being the effect of each one.

The point is that everybody has cloned moves it's just that some moves were tweaked better than others which is why we call some characters clones and some not clones.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
^ THANK YOU!!!! Way to talk Mr. Talk! I mean, a lot of character's N-Air looks practically the same but no one regards that as clone status. Fox's N-Air is practically the same as Link's, Mario's and Samus' N-Air. The only difference is the Knockback and the obvious fact that it is performed with a different character. The fact that it is performed with a different character makes people disregard it as clone material. If it was performed by similar character, gamers would automatically call it a cloned move or cloned character. I never really saw Kirby and Jigglypuff as clones. Just because they are round doesnt mean that they are clones. Sure they have similar attacks but just as I said earlier Fox, Mario and Samus have similar attacks too. I mean, what kind of attacks can you give to 2 round characters and not have at least some similarities? Well, I am going astray here but point being is looks might affect how an attack might look surprisingly similar to another character but if tweaked to change its affect it can become a different attack with different uses. I always wanted to bring that up but I guess I didnt want to run the risk of being called an idiot or something. I support your arguement 100%

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
thx a lot ^_^

I'm just tired of people abusing the word "clone" by twisting it into meaning something else. The only real true clone in both looks and movesets would be Dr.mario hands down since he's basically mario with college education and medical trianing.

Zeela12

Smash Ace

Daisy for Brawl, I do not object, but I can only see her as a suit for Peach, any thing more would be shameful for Nintendo.

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
just have daisy as a clothing skin, like in melee.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Daisy is a popular Mario character and would make a perfect fit for Brawl–her moveset could be radically different from Peach’s, focusing on her headstrong attitude to deliver sports-themed attacks. She could thwack a tennis racket, rocket a soccer ball, and more. Nintendo was fairly creative with Peach’s moveset, so I’m sure they could pull of Daisy.

DNA13

Smash Apprentice
Daisy is a popular Mario character and would make a perfect fit for Brawl–her moveset could be radically different from Peach’s, focusing on her headstrong attitude to deliver sports-themed attacks. She could thwack a tennis racket, rocket a soccer ball, and more. Nintendo was fairly creative with Peach’s moveset, so I’m sure they could pull of Daisy.
uh peach uses a tennis racket

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
A lot of people keep mentioning how Daisy has not had any "real importance" through her video game history. I would just like to say, that maybe after being in a game like SSBB, Daisy would get the boost she needs in order to have these more active roles. I would just like to remind everyone of a pair of sword-fighters named Marth and Roy. Before Melee, Fire Emblem was not in the U.S. After Melee, Fire Emblem started showing up in the U.S.
Basically what i'm getting at is that maybe an appearance in Brawl is what Daisy needs to gain popularity so she can have a more significant role in video games in the future.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
just have daisy as a clothing skin, like in melee.
FTW

It would be a bad idea to use up a roster spot for Daisy when they could easily just make her one of Peach's costumes and leave room for another character. I hope they do the same for Mario/Dr. Mario

jamiej91

Smash Rookie
Daisy is already a frieking alternate costume. WHY waste valuable character slots?

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
It would be a bad idea to use up a roster spot for Daisy when they could easily just make her one of Peach's costumes and leave room for another character. I hope they do the same for Mario/Dr. Mario
That could be the reason Daisy wasn't it Melee in the first place. Actually, I would have preffered her over Dr. Mario...

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Daisy and WaLuigi are FILLER characters. They haven't stared in their OWN games yet. Unlike Wario (Wario Ware) . I like Daisy & WaLuigi but they just don't deserve to be in. If there was another Mario character to be in I'd say Geno ( He rules). I'd prefer them to be as alt costumes for characters (Luigi = Waluigi, Peach=Daisy).

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Princess Daisy for Brawl

Yeah, maybe she doesnt have a chance, but we never know what is in Sakurai's mind, so, yeah, here is Daisy!

About Daisy:

Princess Daisy is the princess of Sarasaland, who first appeared in the game Super Mario Land. Daisy is well known to be a tomboy, and her special abilities often deal with flowers (and most recently, crystals and minerals). She is best friends with Princess Peach, and rumored to be in a romantic relationship with Luigi. Daisy has been appearing in the Mario series for almost eight years straight.

She first appeared in the Super Mario Land taking the place of Peach as the lady you have to save. She appeared in 2 minor Mario games before she became a recurring character in the Mario Games 10 years later in Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3.

She later appeared in in all Mario Parties after the third one, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf 2, Mario Kart: DD, Masrio Baseball, Mario Kart DS, Mario Hoops, Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged, and is rumored that she'll return for Mario Kart Wii, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

I like Daisy because she is stronger than Peach and she is not the ldy in distress-type of Princess for a change.

Like said before, her abilities are based on daisy flower and recently with earth like crystals and minerals.

Ratings:

Learning Curve - ***
Power - *****
Speed - ***
Recovery - ****
Grab - ***
Offense - *****
Defense - ***
Comeback - ****
Overall - ****

Daisy's Possible Moveset:

A: Forward Punch
AA: Small Uppercut
(the A attacks are like Marth A attacks, they don't stop, Marth slashes agin, then again, and so on, and Mario does a 3 hit combo and then he kinda stops, Daisy is like Marth: Punch, Uppercut, Punch, Uppercut,... :p)

Forward Tilt: She puts her hand in front of her with petals coming out from her hands (with like white light shine)
Up Tilt: The same as the forward tilt but upwards.
Down Tilt: She kicks like Zelda but harder and rapidly.

Forward Smash: She punches hard forward (Tai Kwan Do like) with a crystal gauntlet like in her hand.
Up Smash: Powerful uppercut up with a crystal gauntlet like in her hand.
Down Smash: She kicks hard (soccer like) front and then back.

Standard B: Mega Strike: She will punch (hook-like) twice with a crystal gauntlet like in her hands. You are able to tilt forward so she moves forward while punching (or backward). It can be charged to increase the number up punches (max 4). It deflects missiles (it depends of how powerful the missiles are, ex. it can deflect a Samus normal shot, but not a fully charged one unless you have fully charged punches , and sometimes reflectes them, but that depends of how lucky you are lol.
Side B: Flower Ball or Torpedo Shot: She will throw a orb of white light sorraunded by white petals. She throws it like a baseball. It can be charged so it gets farther. When is charging or is charged, you are able to choose the trajectory of the ball before throwing it, like egg toss. It bounces before it banishes before it bounces again. It sometimes dizzies enemies (like when a shield is broken) with white petals appearing around the enemy instead of little lights.
Down B: Crystal Smash: She puts her hands in the floor and 2 brown crystals appear in front and behind her. When in the air, she will put her to hands down, and a sigle crystal will come out of the ground below her (if there is no plataform, nothing is going to happen oviously).
ex.

only two crystals.
Up B: Flowerbed Return: a bed of daisies petals appear below her and she is able to fly freely in the air in any direction, you're able to move fast but it ends quickly.
ex.

this is the picture of Flower Shot from Mario Hoops: 3 on 3, but Flowerbed Return (which is the name of her ability in Mario Power Tennis) sounded better than Flower Shot, 'couse she doesnt shoots anything in this move.

Final Smash: Wonder Flower: She rises her hands and a big white orb of light appears avobe her and white petals blossom around it. She will later shot it forward with al the petals go crazy around the orb, hitting multtiple times those hit by it. Characters hit by this are trapped, in other words, they will not fly away but move along with the orb forward. The orb banishes after it moves about the lenght of battlefield's main plataform. It works great when near an edge, so when it hits, the orb will fly out from the stage, taking those hit by it to the end of the stage, or atleast far enough so they can't come back :p.
ex.

Imagine is a white orb and not a tennis racket. The petals would look like that with maybe a third row of petlas. When sho, al the petals will separate from the orb and move carazy around the orb, so making the ramge of the attack larger. She has both of her hands up.

So thats Daisy . Hope you like it, even if you think she has no possibility of being inn.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
... huh. I think Daisy's a silly and unneeded character, but if she got that moveset then by all means bring her in, hah. It seems pretty interesting, and nice to know that you're actually able to take moves from the games she's been in, so she can't be as ridiculous of an idea as I thought.

Congrats on the moveset. Yay for... flower power.

Top Bottom