• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I never seen/read so much hate for a character in my life. You guys keep saying she will be a clone peach, who to say they're going to have clone at all in this. Why so many people hate Daisy? Boring? I dunno boring is the word I would use.. Annoying Yes .. that could be why a lot people dislike her. appearance/ character design not as great as Peach, ok.. seeing that beauty is not going make win any matches.. People say "she only been in sports games." fighting is a sport so why not include her in brawl :D " There other better characters and I'm sure they're all but that doesn't mean I can't defend one my fav characters. Just like anyone else would :)

1 strong reason why "I" think she might not make it

A Mario character: already have 4 maybe 6 if you count Wario and Yoshi no need for any more

Reason for her to be in..

1. female character: It not neccessity addin more of the opposite would be nice

2. A competitive character: Her personality/ attitude would get me more in the game cause it showing she really wants to be the best in anything she's in, and I can truly relate to that.

Not that much I know. as for her moves. well I not gonna go into until later.

Edited: a few mistakes I made ^_^,

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
Marshigio said:
You obviously haven't been in this room for very long have you?
heh what gave it away..? I'm not just counting this thread, I'm talking about others as well.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
This is the most Down Syndrome Idea I have ever heard (besides Tom Nook) :freak:.

She's a completely unoriginal character that is nothing better than a costume change. Which she already is.

All she is a dark skin Peach. :lick:

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I'd be more than happy if they just made Daisy an alternative costume/look to Peach complete with alternative voice work and quotes (IE, her overly loud voice that pisses everyone off. Mwahahaha).

(Hope no one minds my post bumping up this topic)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
JLoc said:
2. A competitive character: Her personality/ attitude would get me more in the game cause it showing she really wants to be the best in anything she's in, and I can truly relate to that.
You do realize that... she's not real, right?

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Daisy as an alternate costume for Peach with her own voice and quotes could transfer the personality/attitude without requiring time spent on a whole new character, anyways. ...although I suppose it'd still take up a little memory space and payment to her voice actor.

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Definately. I like Daisy, but I think that it'd be weird if you won the game as Peach with Daisy look(Yes, I know you could in Melee) and you hear "This game's winner is...Peach!" And in her victory pose she acts just like Daisy and practically is Daisy, but is threatened like she's Peach. But if she was in there as Peach's costume, well... Peach can float, Daisy can't...

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
If Daisy was tan in Melee, there's no reason she shouldn't be if she's in Brawl.

Tan Daisy FTW.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Nintendo changed Daisy's skin from Tan to pale with the Gamecube because it was more realistic seeing as how we red heads can't get a Tan, I just hope they don't give her freckles to make it even more realistic with the wii >_>

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
...IMO, adding Daisy would be a waste of time, she would be the exact same as Peach, and like you said even if she aquired Peach's moveset from Melee, I doubt anyone would use her.

(Question: Way back to the Super Mario Bros. movie, wasn't Daisy the princess that they were trying to capture, instead of Peach...?)

NukeA6

Smash Master
TAMASHI said:
...IMO, adding Daisy would be a waste of time, she would be the exact same as Peach, and like you said even if she aquired Peach's moveset from Melee, I doubt anyone would use her.

(Question: Way back to the Super Mario Bros. movie, wasn't Daisy the princess that they were trying to capture, instead of Peach...?)
Yeah. Toad was some musician guy and Yoshi was a real dinosaur. :freak:

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
NukeA6 said:
Yeah. Toad was some musician guy and Yoshi was a real dinosaur. :freak:
Ah, I remember those days...IMO that movie was a disgrace to Mario, but I still enjoy watching for some reason...did you notice they called Bomb-ombs "b-bombs"?

Anyway, again leave Daisy out of Brawl. =/

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
i think daisy would be a cool character, hey the more the better, and daisy is still a mario character, and it would seem right, but i would rather have waluigi in it!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Peach first appeared in Super Mario Bros but she was called Princess Toadstool until Yoshi's Safari after then she has been called Peach but it is Princess Peach Toadstool, Peach has been around longer

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
Daisy is better than Waluigi at least she's been in one of the platformer games
Sakurai specifically stated he wasn't going for the more "popular characters". Rather, he was looking for originality. Waluigi, look-wise, has far more potential to be unique than Daisy, whose stats mirror that of Peach.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Lord_Deathborne said:
Even Waluigi is highly, if not completely, derivative...
Well, yes, that's true, but you have to take into account that Luigi himself is even more so. Also, looking at Waluigi and his absurdly long range, you can imagine him as a completely new character. Even as a clone, his range and power would be so altered that he would be Luigified without any work.

Back on topic, Daisy is Peach, essentially. Daisy was designed as the Sarasaland version of Peach, because Mario needed someone to rescue. She looks almost identical to Peach, and not making her a clone would make absolutely no sense. It would be like Dr. Mario getting his own unique moveset, because Daisy is Peach.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Amen to that.
I don't see the purpose, we already have enough mario characters IMO, just leave it like it was in SSBM have peach be able to switch her clothes into daisy's

NukeA6

Smash Master
Master Puppet said:
Sakurai specifically stated he wasn't going for the more "popular characters". Rather, he was looking for originality. Waluigi, look-wise, has far more potential to be unique than Daisy, whose stats mirror that of Peach.
Waluigi is just as original as Daisy. Piranha plants? Bob-ombs? Please.

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
NukeA6 said:
Waluigi is just as original as Daisy. Piranha plants? Bob-ombs? Please.
Please actually read what I am saying, rather than boldly displaying ignorance. Such a thing is not something to take pride in. What I said was that Daisy looks like Peach, acts like Peach, and was intended to be a substitute for Peach. Waluigi looks hardly anything like Luigi, and only shares his name. Waluigi has much greater potential to be original.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'm down with Daisy. She puts up with less crap than Peach. Why do you think Luigi's such a nervous wreck all the time? :)

Also...

Waluigi, look-wise, has far more potential to be unique than Daisy, whose stats mirror that of Peach.
What stats?

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Randall00 said:
I'm down with Daisy. She puts up with less crap than Peach. Why do you think Luigi's such a nervous wreck all the time? :)

Also...

What stats?
Ahem...

Master Puppet said:
Please actually read what I am saying, rather than boldly displaying ignorance. Such a thing is not something to take pride in. What I said was that Daisy looks like Peach, acts like Peach, and was intended to be a substitute for Peach. Waluigi looks hardly anything like Luigi, and only shares his name. Waluigi has much greater potential to be original.
Also, where do you get the idea that Daisy is any different from Peach? They might say that, but has Daisy ever shown such audacity? No. She's a Peach clone, pure and simple.

I T I

Smash Apprentice
Randall00 said:

Also...

What stats?

I believe he was referring to the fact that they're of the exact same height, weight, build and similar in appearance. They would have potential to be unique, but Waluigi more so because of his... stature.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Master Puppet said:
What I said was that Daisy looks like Peach, acts like Peach, and was intended to be a substitute for Peach. Waluigi looks hardly anything like Luigi, and only shares his name. Waluigi has much greater potential to be original.
I agree with the first two sentences.

I'm not arguing about Waluigi here. The Waluigi thread is for that.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
You can't close threads and I'm not closing it because then someone else will just make another Daisy topic, and one is bad enough.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Just a quick question. Does anybody here truly want Daisy in Brawl? I mean are you going to say," Ah, hell yeah, Daisy is awesome! She is completly better than if some cool fighting character would be! Now we have a peach clone! My life is Complete!"

Seriously though, there are way too many better canidates out there.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Daisy is one of Peach's outfits she shouldn't have her own moveset she would be a clone if she did leave her as an outfit.

Top Bottom