• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
#Wishful4Krystal

...I'm not very good at this.

Speaking of Krystal, I thought I'd remind everyone that Star Fox: Command will be launching on the Wii U VC today. I'm excited to finally try it!
Prepare yourself, you're gonna need it especially if you played all the other games. Let's just say everyone isn't how they should be, and she's treated pretty badly in this.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Man it still amazes me how nintendo really doesnt know what direction to take with the series. Im sure this game will be awesome because platinum but the reboot part is extremely off putting. I feel commands existence is to blame personally. I also hate how rushed this title seems, I really hope its ready and not released unfinished.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Man it still amazes me how nintendo really doesnt know what direction to take with the series. Im sure this game will be awesome because platinum but the reboot part is extremely off putting. I feel commands existence is to blame personally. I also hate how rushed this title seems, I really hope its ready and not released unfinished.
"Reimagining"
It still could be right after 64.

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Well to be honest, Nintendo doesn't really have many series with a story and lore. There's Zelda.
There's also Mother and Fire Emblem, though the former series has ended and the latter is starting to dive into waifu pandering territory with the newest game.

Anyway in all honesty the reboot was expected. Star Fox was being tossed around by so many development teams who had no idea what to do with the pile up of ideas from previous games. Krystal probably suffered the worst of it. In Adventures she got booted from the lead character seat to doing not much. In Assault she was a bit better though it was clear they were awkwardly trying to find a role for her that was anything more than a love interest. Then Command swallowed the leftover pile and got sick and spat it all on the rug and Krystal fell even lower than where she started along with pretty much everyone else.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/

The impression that i'm getting is that the ballot's effecting more than one character, basically there's going to be more characters than just another set. It's best to show support by doing a number of things;

Miiverse, Fox and Falcos Smash section, even spam Star Fox Commands page while stressing she and everyone is out of character in that game incase.
Twitter
Smashified, some here say the guy loves her, but it's a good idea to suggest her anyway
Spead this around, there's a few others like it but this one seems more popular given who it is
It may not serve much purpose but this might help too
Most importantly, remind people in the event they mention Krystals absence in Zero that K Rool, Daisy, and a few others havent been in their respective games in awhile. Daisy while does appear in spinoffs, she hasnt once been in any main Mario installment since Mario Land unless I missed something.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say, do we know how strong the Japanese side of Krystal support really is? because Smash Ballot is a global thing, and certain choices may be made to reward different regions. K.Rool is the likely global pick, but from what I've heard Krystal seems like the likely Japanese newcomer pick(though I could be mistaken)

Just a thought

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/...in-the-battle-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-481/

The impression that i'm getting is that the ballot's effecting more than one character, basically there's going to be more characters than just another set. It's best to show support by doing a number of things;

Miiverse, Fox and Falcos Smash section, even spam Star Fox Commands page while stressing she and everyone is out of character in that game incase.
Twitter
Smashified, some here say the guy loves her, but it's a good idea to suggest her anyway
Spead this around, there's a few others like it but this one seems more popular given who it is
It may not serve much purpose but this might help too
Most importantly, remind people in the event they mention Krystals absence in Zero that K Rool, Daisy, and a few others havent been in their respective games in awhile. Daisy while does appear in spinoffs, she hasnt once been in any main Mario installment since Mario Land unless I missed something.
Daisy doesn't really need to be in another main Mario game. That's Peach's role lol.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Say, do we know how strong the Japanese side of Krystal support really is? because Smash Ballot is a global thing, and certain choices may be made to reward different regions. K.Rool is the likely global pick, but from what I've heard Krystal seems like the likely Japanese newcomer pick(though I could be mistaken)

Just a thought
Both K. Rool and Krystal are among the most highly requested characters for DLC for Smash 4 from both the Japanese and Western audiences and they have been like that since Brawl and it's still going on now. At least that's good news for us.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, the reason why Roy came back could be because of his aggressive fanbase, his supporters are the Oakland Raider fans of the Smash community, wanna see proof of how aggressive and rabid Raider fans are:
Picture-7-Football-Blog.jpg
oakland-raiders-fans.jpg

There you go..
We Krystal supporters should be a bit more aggressive but not this aggressive or crazy

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Both K. Rool and Krystal are among the most highly requested characters for DLC for Smash 4 from both the Japanese and Western audiences and they have been like that since Brawl and it's still going on now. At least that's good news for us.

Most data on Japanese tastes comes from that one survey thing PushDustin did. It was taken by observing Japanese communities and taking note of all the support characters got. Think his sample was over 700 which is a pretty big sample compared to most polls taken about DLC. He mentioned in his results that much of Krystal's support was secondary to a primary "want" for DLC. She did accrue a whole lot of "also wants" though. Ended up being the second most requested newcomer after K. Rool. Almost all vets got preferential treatment however. If I recall correctly, it was Lucas and Wolf at the top by a large margin. Then Snake, Ice Climbers, Roy, Pichu, K. Rool, Krystal, Ridley, and Dixie.

Guys, the reason why Roy came back could be because of his aggressive fanbase, his supporters are the Oakland Raider fans of the Smash community, wanna see proof of how aggressive and rabid Raider fans are:
View attachment 58501 View attachment 58502
There you go..
We Krystal supporters should be a bit more aggressive but not this aggressive or crazy
You're an interesting one Ian. Who else would make such an analogy and post pics like that, heh.

I didn't notice that Roy fans were aggressive, but they were persistent. He's also pretty popular in Japan. There's always a couple crazies in any fanbase though.

I don't know if "aggressive" is the approach we want. Sounds like it could be off-putting to others. But we should be persistent.

I will admit, Star Fox Zero does make things complicated IMO.
Not anymore complicated than it is for K. Rool. Only difference is that it's a new development for us.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
That isnt stopping K Rool, Daisy, Ashley, and a few others. Just because they're absent from a game doesnt mean they dont have a chance. Remember, while it is argued that they played part in Nintendos history, Duck Hunt, ROB, and event G&W havent had a single installment in decades. Even Captain Falcon himself hasnt been relevant, and yet he's still around, hell they almost made an F-Zero game at the WiiUs launch which infuriated many upon learning this.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
You're an interesting one Ian. Who else would make such an analogy and post pics like that, heh.

I didn't notice that Roy fans were aggressive, but they were persistent. He's also pretty popular in Japan. There's always a couple crazies in any fanbase though.

I don't know if "aggressive" is the approach we want. Sounds like it could be off-putting to others. But we should be persistent.
Okay maybe Ridley fans are the Raider fans of the Smash community

Serell

Smash Apprentice
Prepare yourself, you're gonna need it especially if you played all the other games. Let's just say everyone isn't how they should be, and she's treated pretty badly in this.
Everyone says how bad the story in Command is yet I never really got to see it for myself... the control scheme for Starfox: Command was just so bad and unplayable. It's the only game I legitimately could not play because the controls were so bad and difficult. I'm interested to look up the story on the internet, but at the same time I'm scared...

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Everyone says how bad the story in Command is yet I never really got to see it for myself... the control scheme for Starfox: Command was just so bad and unplayable. It's the only game I legitimately could not play because the controls were so bad and difficult. I'm interested to look up the story on the internet, but at the same time I'm scared...
In a nutshell; the writing is something that was written by deviantart fanfic writers and or furaffinity writers. Someone claims one of the endings was directly taken from a fanfic on either of the two, but cant find it nor knows if it was the same, but regardless the writing is so bad that even the characters were off. They treated Krystal horribly, and Fox and a few others were douchebags.

Oh and might I add that this was directed by the guy that did the snes games, this is not only confusing as Command could've been a complete overhaul of Star Fox 2, which it kinda was but done in a bad way. Another issue is how both the director and art designer, who by the way does the designs for F-Zero, said that if there was a sequel that it'd take place in the middle of this game, revealing a true ending, basically confirming that neither ending in the game is canon and that it's in a limbo.

However many beg to differ, many who've put themselves through this game consider the Fox and Krystal ending canon due to it not having any negative impact unlike six or five of the other endings and that it calls for a sequel. Others find the Marcus ending interesting in that it could make a spinoff of the series and that it also has no negative impact.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Let's just say Command took some risks that didn't pay off in the slightest, mainly because they weren't handled competently.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Also, from what i understand Command was also the Star Fox game that Miyamoto was least involved, you will see his name on the credits as executive producer, but from what i saw his only input for the game was asking something in the direction of the canceled Star Fox 2, and something more experimental using the DS' two screens in a interesting way, ironically Star Fox Zero looks like what he actually had in mind with something like that.

What matters is what Command actually is and not what it could have been, and it is easily the worst game of the series and one of the worst games i have ever played in my life, it fails at absolutely everything, the controls with the stylus are horrible, the gameplay is extremely repetitive and uninteresting, and it has easily the worst writing that i have ever seen in my life for anything.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That's a good point. If Krystal is popular enough to get into Smash, maybe they won't ignore her next time around when they make a Star Fox game.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Its first purpose is to please (or at least "try" to "please") fans who were awaiting for a new entry in the series. And I am so pleased with it personnally.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I kinda can't stop feeling as if Miyamoto took the easy way out when it came to story and characters. Not that the gameplay doesn't look good, or anything. If we rally the internet and have a mass voting event for Krystal to get into Smash, where we all vote at once, that could work

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I kinda can't stop feeling as if Miyamoto took the easy way out when it came to story and characters. Not that the gameplay doesn't look good, or anything. If we rally the internet and have a mass voting event for Krystal to get into Smash, where we all vote at once, that could work
The ballot is also used for considering characters for the next game, so I'm sure Krystal, if not this game, will get in Smash 5.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
krystal popular.jpg

(Excuse the poor handwriting) Well, you can't say that Nintendo doesn't recognize her popularity any more. ;) But seriously, If they're gonna point her out in this description of Star Fox Command on the E Shop, they have to see that she's one of the most popular requested characters for smash and the most wanted star fox newcomer. x)

I wonder, why did they even mention her? O.o I can't but to feel like she's coming to smash just because of this but.. maybe I'm bias? D:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Let me go over a list of characters that are implausible and impossible:
Plausible but Unlikely:
Waluigi: Irrelevant, and his fanbase are a vocal minority
Ridley: Sakurai said that he has no idea how to make Ridley work, stop beating a dead horse already.
Lara Croft: Primarily associated with the PS1
Crash: Same reason
Spyro: Same
Cloud: Same
Sora: Disney licensing will be a pain
Simon Belmont: Konami, if they get a rep, will be represented by Snake
Slippy: May be relevant, but Krystal is far more popular of any of the potential Star Fox newcomers
Impossible characters:
Triple H: Sure the WWE/WWF has had a few good games on a Nintendo platforms (Warzone, No Mercy, WrestleMania 2000, and the Day Of Reckoning series) but he never originated in a video game
Steve: Never appeared on a Nintendo console
Master Chief, Kratos, Nathan Drake, etc: IT'S OBVIOUS WHY THEY AIN'T GONNA BE IN SMASH
Goku: WHAT ****ING PART OF NEVER ORIGINATED IN A ****ING VIDEO GAME DO THESE PEOPLE NOT ****ING UNDERSTAND??!!!!
Shrek: REALLY??!!!! REALLY??!!!!!!
Freddy Fazbear: SERIOUSLY??!!!!!!
Reggie Fils-Aime: Real person
View attachment 58749

(Excuse the poor handwriting) Well, you can't say that Nintendo doesn't recognize her popularity any more. ;) But seriously, If they're gonna point her out in this description of Star Fox Command on the E Shop, they have to see that she's one of the most popular requested characters for smash and the most wanted star fox newcomer. x)

I wonder, why did they even mention her? O.o I can't but to feel like she's coming to smash just because of this but.. maybe I'm bias? D:
Defintely revitalizes our hopes

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
View attachment 58749

Haha. Given the treatment lately, I'm surprised they kept that line from the original box art. The shoe fits, though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
View attachment 58749

I find it weird that Krystal is one of the only characters in Star Fox not to have a last name.

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski
Panther Caruso
Pigma Dengar
Andrew Oikonny

SERIOUSLY WHY NO LAST NAME

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I find it weird that Krystal is one of the only characters in Star Fox not to have a last name.

Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare
Wolf O'Donnell
Leon Powalski
Panther Caruso
Pigma Dengar
Andrew Oikonny

SERIOUSLY WHY NO LAST NAME
In my opinion, it adss to the mysterious part of the charater. And in one Command ending, it's all but confirmed, she takes the last name McCloud

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Let me go over a list of characters that are implausible and impossible:
Plausible but Unlikely:
Waluigi: Irrelevant, and his fanbase are a vocal minority
Ridley: Sakurai said that he has no idea how to make Ridley work, stop beating a dead horse already.
Lara Croft: Primarily associated with the PS1
Cloud: Same
Sora: Disney licensing will be a pain
Simon Belmont: Konami, if they get a rep, will be represented by Snake
Slippy: May be relevant, but Krystal is far more popular of any of the potential Star Fox newcomers
Impossible characters:
Triple H: Sure the WWE/WWF has had a few good games but he never originated in a video game
Steve: Never appeared on a Nintendo console
Master Chief, Kratos, Nathan Drake, etc: IT'S OBVIOUS WHY THEY AIN'T GONNA BE IN SMASH
Goku:WHAT ****ING PART OF NEVER ORIGINATED IN A ****ING VIDEO GAME DO THESE PEOPLE NOT ****ING UNDERSTAND
Shrek: REALLY??!!!! REALLY??!!!!!!
Freddy Fazbear: SERIOUSLY??!!!!!!
Reggie Fils-Aime: Real person

Defintely gives us some hope, that revitalizes our hopes
Why did you make this list...
Waluigi, Ridley, Slippy, Belmont, and Goku (Yuyuki Goku not DBZ) are all possible.
I think the majority of us know Croft, Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Sora, Shrek, Freddy, Reggie, Goku, Master Chief, Steve, Triple H (why him why not Hogan or Cena, faces of the WWE?) are impossible. I do want Nintendo to buy Spyro and Crash to revitalize them and plus I'd love to see 'em in Smash.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Cause their Ps1? Heck they are currently owned by ACTIVISION of all companies... XD

Spyro: Poor guy hasn't had a real game since the end of the Legend of Spyro series.. plus he is trapped in the Toys to life scheme of theirs. (Dawn of the dragon was in 2008 so it's been seven years for him.)

Crash: Dead in the water. Hasn't had a game since Mind over Mutant.. (2008 again. also seven years.. :/)

The characters would be great to me. Would I want to see them get in under their current ownership? Heck no. I can honestly say they would NOT deserve it with what they did to those two.. (or I should say, what they haven't done.)

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Why did you make this list...
Waluigi, Ridley, Slippy, Belmont, and Goku (Yuyuki Goku not DBZ) are all possible.
I think the majority of us know Croft, Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Sora, Shrek, Freddy, Reggie, Goku, Master Chief, Steve, Triple H (why him why not Hogan or Cena, faces of the WWE?) are impossible. I do want Nintendo to buy Spyro and Crash to revitalize them and plus I'd love to see 'em in Smash.
Triple H was a suggestion I saw on YouTube (*mutters under breath* though personally I'd rather have Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Undertaker), I meant the DBZ Goku, I said unlikely, unlikely doesn't mean impossible. This list was a venting thing

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Triple H was a suggestion I saw on YouTube (*mutters under breath* though personally I'd rather have Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Undertaker), I meant the DBZ Goku, I said unlikely, unlikely doesn't mean impossible. This list was a venting thing
Was it a joke video or like serious because if its serious, I'm personally worried for that person. I know you meant the DBZ Goku, I was making a joke (btw Yuyuki Goku is a real thing and I really would love to see him in Smash [He's a Monkey King to my knowledge]),

Back to Krystal, so that ending in Command is canon, where Fox and Krystal have kids.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Was it a joke video or like serious because if its serious, I'm personally worried for that person. I know you meant the DBZ Goku, I was making a joke (btw Yuyuki Goku is a real thing and I really would love to see him in Smash [He's a Monkey King to my knowledge]),

Back to Krystal, so that ending in Command is canon, where Fox and Krystal have kids.
It was somewhat serious, you got me good that time,
I never said it was,

Top Bottom