• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

D

Deleted member

You would have to be pretty dumb to believe the leak is completely false because it was incorrect on one single occasion, despite being correct on every other.
While I don't want to get too much into this, I'll say that it has outdated info considerin that Rosalina wasn't leaked, Shulk didn't show up as said, & Chrom was part of Robin's final smash.

Krystal has potential for a unique move set that Leon and Slippy really don't have, Slippy could be an assist trophy
Careful now, the same thing could be said to us.

and besides, popularity alone doesn't always get considered for characters (Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, and Robin)
True but I wouldn't use those characters as an example, they'd be someone like Chrom, Waluigi, & Midna.

and it's about time Sakurai actually listens to The West more, and besides there's really nothing new Leon or Slippy could add to the the table
If Slippy had Snake's playstyle (A frog choking a red plumber & elf man in tights? Geez), then I'd agree.

Shiggy is the reason why we haven't seen certain franchises for years. As much as I welcome innovation and change, it isn't always needed. Sometimes it's fine with the formula it's been using as long as it's still welcomed amongst the consumers. My go to for this is always F-Zero. Miyamoto always says that he hears the fans with their demands on a new installment, but he doesn't know how the franchise could evolve. It really doesn't have to, because it's formula works. Just give me a new game with better graphics and sound, and some more customization and I'll be good to go.
Lets not forget what Shigeru Miyamoto did to Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Granted IS didn't have to listen to his ideas but good luck saying "no" to him).

"Pfft, we don't need no stinkin new characters!"

Last edited by a moderator:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
While I don't want to get too much into this, I'll say that it has outdated info considerin that Rosalina wasn't leaked, Shulk didn't show up as said, & Chrom was part of Robin's final smash.

Careful now, the same thing could be said to us.

True but I wouldn't use those characters as an example, they'd be someone like Chrom, Waluigi, & Midna.

If Slippy had Snake's playstyle (A frog choking a red plumber & elf man in tights? Geez), then I'd agree.

Lets not forget what Shigeru Miyamoto did to Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Granted IS didn't have to listen to his ideas but good luck saying "no" to him).

"Pfft, we don't need no stinkin new characters!"
I meant they were all playable characters that weren't highly requested, and some popular characters are assist trophies

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I really don't see Krystal as Assist Trophy Material, and the same goes for Dixie Kong. What would she do as an assist ? Nothing really special in my opinion.

I think (hope) that we're safe in that regard. Really, high-profile characters don't make interesting assist trophies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really don't see Krystal as Assist Trophy Material, and the same goes for Dixie Kong. What would she do as an assist ? Nothing really special in my opinion.

I think (hope) that we're safe in that regard. Really, high-profile characters don't make interesting assist trophies.
I would honestly be interested to see her as an assist trophy if she were not playable; however, I do agree. I feel as though she is not "assist material," she is a fairly prominent character and it would be strange to say the least.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anybody's said it yet, but do you guys think that screen shot could be from a new character reveal? I feel like he wouldn't keep the same layout for a stage as previous games but I dunno 'cause he did it with Pokemon Stadium.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
With the lack of star fox reps and info right now.....oh god who knows whats we will get.
1. Fox-Falco-Wolf.
2.Fox-Falco-Wolf-Krystal
3.Fox-Falco-Krystal
4.Fox-Krystal-Wolf
5.Fox....
6.Fox-Falco
7.Fox-Wolf
8.Fox-Krystal
All are possible at this point. We can only wait.
Doesn't Mean We Can't discuss the possibility and potential of Krystal Though :D
I still believe she will make it.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind playing as krystal but i think out of all the playable star fox characters in smash she would be low priority next fox falco and wolf

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
If you guys have a support list I would definitely want to sign up! She's probably my most wanted out of my wanted list so I'd be more than happy to join!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Continue to not believe, but watch Shulk and Chorus Kids be in Smash. Whether or not you believe doesn't discredit the obvious validity to most of the claims.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Can someone post the krystal petition? I'm on my phone so its difficult to impossible.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well it looks like Takamaru fans just got served a big helping of disappointment with him being confirmed as an assist trophy. This probably won't happen to Krystal because as said by others earlier it would be very awkward. On the plus side Krystal is still alive in terms of not being deconfirmed yet.

D

Deleted member

Well it looks like Takamaru fans just got served a big helping of disappointment with him being confirmed as an assist trophy. This probably won't happen to Krystal because as said by others earlier it would be very awkward. On the plus side Krystal is still alive in terms of not being deconfirmed yet.
Gotta hang on tight though...the release date is getting closer & Sakurai is getting crazy with the "disconfirmation" button

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What kind of reasoning is this?

There are several characters who'd make for feasible fighters yet have become ATs instead, and they work fine. If people can come up with a whole moveset for Krystal, they can certainly come up with one thing she could do as an AT.

Weavel

Smash Ace
What kind of reasoning is this?

There are several characters who'd make for feasible fighters yet have become ATs instead, and they work fine. If people can come up with a whole moveset for Krystal, they can certainly come up with one thing she could do as an AT.
It often feels like the fans have more imagination then the developers.

And can the creator of this thread link the petition to the first page?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It often feels like the fans have more imagination then the developers.
Yes the newcomers this time have been wholly lacking creativity. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Sakurai could come up with an original moveset for Krystal if he were so inclined.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Yes the newcomers this time have been wholly lacking creativity. :rolleyes:

I'm sure Sakurai could come up with an original moveset for Krystal if he were so inclined.
What is so hard about designing a character for the super smash bros series? I'm the first to admit I have no experience in the field, but in games like Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 or street fighter iv they never have problems like this or even talk about them, they just do it. With how super smash bros plays is that really so difficult?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What is so hard about designing a character for the super smash bros series? I'm the first to admit I have no experience in the field, but in games like Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 or street fighter iv they never have problems like this or even talk about them, they just do it. With how super smash bros plays is that really so difficult?
Ok well first of all, who's to say Smash characters are harder to create a moveset for than one of the other examples like MvC? Pretty sure some characters in that series were noted to be difficult to create diverse movesets for as well. Any number of series that use existing characters probably run into some difficulty at some point in implementation, but I'm not sure where you're getting the idea from that designing a Smash moveset is excessively difficult in general.

As for SF, creating characters for a game and using existing characters in a game are hardly the same thing. In the former the character is made around the moveset, in the latter it's the other way around...

This is moving away from the topic of the thread though.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Ok well first of all, who's to say Smash characters are harder to create a moveset for than one of the other examples like MvC? Pretty sure some characters in that series were noted to be difficult to create diverse movesets for as well. Any number of series that use existing characters probably run into some difficulty at some point in implementation, but I'm not sure where you're getting the idea from that designing a Smash moveset is excessively difficult in general.

As for SF, creating characters for a game and using existing characters in a game are hardly the same thing. In the former the character is made around the moveset, in the latter it's the other way around...

This is moving away from the topic of the thread though.
The reason I said that is because of their comment about a possible playable ridley and how falco was pretty much a clone of fox, same with Ganondorf and captain falcon. In terms of ganon there is a lot pre existing actions he did to implement into a moveset but still made him a minor knock off of captain falcon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Clones are added to pad the roster, not because Sakurai had trouble making them original. And just because he runs into feasibility problems with the occasional character doesn't mean a blanket statement about overt difficulty in implementing any character can be made.

Now please take the discussion back to Krystal. You can continue this topic elsewhere.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Takamaru is now an assist trophy?! I thought he was actually a reasonable choice for a playable character. I suppose sword characters outside the constantly updated Fire Emblem series have tougher competition this time around...

Good thing Krystal isn't a sword character. :)

Last edited:

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Welp, sucks for the Takamaru fans... >.<

I'm just hoping there's still a chance for Krystal.
I would be crazy heartbroken if I checked to see the PoTD and it was a Krystal Assist Trophy. Dx

Seems like being an AT would rule out the possibility of her being DLC, so fingers crossed that it doesn't happen. :sadeyes:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Seeing a character that has had a lot of support become deconfirmed... just like that...

It's a surreal experience... like a bullet whizzing by your ear, only to strike someone else. It makes you double-take and hold your breath. Though, I'd grown to like Takamaru.

The toll of the bell is a solemn reminder that brings certain realities into perspective, and it chillingly spares few...

Admittedly, it's becoming increasingly difficult not to be anxious about Krystal's chances. We are getting down to the wire, what with the 3DS version being released in a short month and a half for Japan.

Anything can happen.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Seeing a character that has had a lot of support become deconfirmed... just like that...

It's a surreal experience... like a bullet whizzing by your ear, only to strike someone else. It makes you double-take and hold your breath. Though, I'd grown to like Takamaru.

The toll of the bell is a solemn reminder that brings certain realities into perspective, and it chillingly spares few...

Admittedly, it's becoming increasingly difficult not to be anxious about Krystal's chances. We are getting down to the wire, what with the 3DS version being released in a short month and a half for Japan.

Anything can happen.
I'm excited to see how this all plays out.
Krystal's chances are still alive!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing that I don't get. Apparently Sakurai is partially basing the selections for this game off of those that were popular in the Brawl build-up (hence Mega Man and Villager) but we have yet to see any of what I dubbed the 'Trifecta of Dissapointment', three character that were were all so sure of here on Smash Boards. Ridley has been given some confusingly vague boss hints (put him out his misery one way or another!), Bowser Jr has been seemingly supplanted by Rosalina, that leaves Krystal.

Will she make it? Is Sakurai slow to hear western choices or does he think Bowser is enough boss repitle for anybody?

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
One thing that I don't get. Apparently Sakurai is partially basing the selections for this game off of those that were popular in the Brawl build-up (hence Mega Man and Villager) but we have yet to see any of what I dubbed the 'Trifecta of Dissapointment', three character that were were all so sure of here on Smash Boards. Ridley has been given some confusingly vague boss hints (put him out his misery one way or another!), Bowser Jr has been seemingly supplanted by Rosalina, that leaves Krystal.

Will she make it? Is Sakurai slow to hear western choices or does he think Bowser is enough boss repitle for anybody?

I imagine this. Lol
Hopefully Sakurai does look at the west and not just...japan. Thats my opinion though and I'm not Sakurai. I hope she makes it especially if he takes popularity results from the west.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of this rumor titled "QA Leaker":

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93123821076/rumor-mill-qa-leaker

There's certainly a lot here. If any one of these things are wrong, whoever the leaker is will be discredited. In my opinion, it's strange to stick your neck out that far...

However, he/she is being selective, choosing to reveal some things over others (but he/she hints to things that he/she isn't revealing). Then again, it isn't direct; it's stated through a source (that isn't the dumb "my father" thing).

This is what we should discuss:

"Star Fox

>There is a newcomer."

Keep in mind that Brawl's roster was leaked, without a picture, and it included Wolf and ROB and others that nobody at the time believed, because Krystal was the "most probable" back then due to certain things revealed by Alésia Glidewell.

Also, Gematsu had no pictures, and his/her information was probably outdated, but it was actual information though.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of this rumor:

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93123821076/rumor-mill-qa-leaker

There's certainly a lot here. If any one of these things are wrong, whoever the leaker is will be discredited. In my opinion, it's strange to stick your neck out that far...

However, he/she is being selective, choosing to reveal some things over others (but he/she hints to things that he/she isn't revealing). Then again, it isn't direct; it's stated through a source (that isn't the dumb "my father" thing).

This is what we should discuss:

"Star Fox

>There is a newcomer."

Keep in mind that Brawl's roster was leaked, without a picture, and it included Wolf and ROB and others that nobody at the time believed, because Krystal was the "most probable" back then due to certain things revealed by Alésia Glidewell.
A newcomer ey? Well if this is proven true Krystal looks confirmed to me. Unless they throw the curve ball and another star fox rep which I doubt and hope isn't true. If its proven false well no loses. I never really trusted these leaks but lets see.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
A newcomer ey? Well if this is proven true Krystal looks confirmed to me. Unless they throw the curve ball and another star fox rep which I doubt and hope isn't true. If its proven false well no loses. I never really trusted these leaks but lets see.
If this leak is true, I doubt it'd be a curve-ball Star Fox character. Look at the Zelda section, it states:

">Newcomer that most people don’t want, controversial character."

Star Fox's section has nothing like that describing its potential newcomer. It'd probably be Krystal.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
There's a lot of things but it sounds almost too good to be true.

And the Dixie alt for Diddy is pretty strange, nothing changes but their idle animation ? Well, did Dixie grow a tail ?

D

Deleted member

If this leak is true, I doubt it'd be a curve-ball Star Fox character. Look at the Zelda section, it states:

Star Fox's section has nothing like that describing its potential newcomer. It'd probably be Krystal.
I would say Tingle but then he got revealed as Assist Trophy.

As much as I want it to be true, it isn't likely happening (Besides, no DK newcomer is bad & I don't remember Dixie gettin a tail)

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The original thread is gone, but I'm the one that waded through that cluster**** and took down all the relevant stuff and compiled it by series. I did my best to trim down all the excess and put only what I thought was relevant and I worry I may have dropped things that makes it lose context, so I do apologize. As for the Zelda bit, Tingle is out, being an AT, and he directly dismissed Ghirahim so I don't know who's left.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

I'll just look at this as another leak to take with a grain of salt. I mean look what happened to the Gematsu leak. Also isn't 4Chan seen as a illegitimate website in terms of getting creditable information/leaks.?

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
The only Zelda character I can personally think of that might still be considered "controversial" is Fi?

I know she's kind of split half and half between fans and haters- and so far we've only seen a trophy of her in the Direct, but it's still possible I guess to consider she could still be playable, considering she was never directly revealed to be an AT.

I dunno, a lot of the stuff in that leak seems too good to be true to me- so not really sure how I feel about it. Most likely fake.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also isn't 4Chan seen as a illegitimate website in terms of getting creditable information/leaks.?
Pretty much. The first rule of 4Chan is that you have a bag of salt with you

*Ahem* Anyways, I'm not believin the leak & will proceed to hold on tight for the rest of the week. Things are still bound to get heated, lets just hope we're all OK

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
The only Zelda character I can personally think of that might still be considered "controversial" is Fi?

I know she's kind of split half and half between fans and haters- and so far we've only seen a trophy of her in the Direct, but it's still possible I guess to consider she could still be playable, considering she was never directly revealed to be an AT.

I dunno, a lot of the stuff in that leak seems too good to be true to me- so not really sure how I feel about it. Most likely fake.
I was actually thinking of Tingle. Y'know. The one who everyone hates.

Top Bottom