• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I decided to play fair and stay with one vote, but I'm happy to see some of you played dirty and voted Krystal more than once or shared a vote with her ;).

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I decided to play fair and stay with one vote, but I'm happy to see some of you played dirty and voted Krystal more than once or shared a vote with her ;).
ONLY ONE VOTE SOLDIER!?
WE DO NOT WIN WARS WITH HONESTY AND HOPING, WE WIN BY SPAMMING HUNDREDS OF KRYSTAL VOTES!
upload_2015-10-3_17-55-13.jpeg

Just joking lol Part of me wanted to spam vote Krystal actually but IDK good Morals won my inner war.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I voted multiple times on multiple devices. Every vote counts......as long as it is on different computers

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How many proxy votes does it take to carry a character to the top of a Smash ballot? The world may never know.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I swear this thread kills me sometimes. One minute we're all organize and having a discussion...........then we just let loose.

I love you people

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And I seriously doubt you guys were the only ones to vote a plethora of times. The fact that there isn't a way to prevent it is one of the reasons I think the Smash Ballot was a means to nominate characters, not a straight up vote.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It wasn't even my fault this time
It was the other person's fault. I direct all blame and questions to whichever user is standing beside me at the moment. Seriously now, this is the end of a long trail. I can't take the Krystal campaign dead serious anymore. We've done all we can. As RandomCities said, it's a waiting game. I like that fans like Jordan Sweeto are going full steam ahead until the closing seconds, but as for me, I'm done.

*Name-dropping intensifies*

Big thanks to TheCynicalCdr TheCynicalCdr for all the amazing work on Miiverse, IsmaR IsmaR because there's no one else I'd rather have watching over the thread than her and to the rest of you all... Delzethin, TheRandomCities4, TheEdgyOne, SAVideos, XeVioN, darklink34, etc. etc. etc. etc. to infinity for doing so much to give Krystal a real chance to grace the Smash Bros roster. I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not emotional at this moment. I'm saving my tears for the announcement of the best news or the worst news. Good luck to us all and I hope our effort is recognized in the form of a playable vixen and the worst salt storm the internet has seen in years.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Thanks Blue.

*looks at Japanese Miiverse*

There's some good stuff in here. Seeing the Monster Hunter costume in one of the pics just reminds me that this costume basically got me to buy the full wave 4 package and not just the stages. It's a great looking costume. Best sword for a Mii in the game imo too, heh. Actually looks harmful.

Oh, and I love that pic of Aryll spotting DK in her scope, heh.

Edit: Only saw one Krystal post but it was very popular. The Fox support page looks pretty dead. It doesn't seem to keep track of popular posts either. Maybe I'm only seeing so much though because of the region or something? Not sure.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Bringing the Ballot back up for a second, it's really weird that today the ballot ends and Nintendo sponsors The Big House 5 out of no where. It might sound crazy, but is it possible that the character will be announced at Big House?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Bringing the Ballot back up for a second, it's really weird that today the ballot ends and Nintendo sponsors The Big House 5 out of no where. It might sound crazy, but is it possible that the character will be announced at Big House?
Possible, I guess, but I don't think it's very likely. Nintendo's been sponsoring all the big national tournaments this year. They were there for Apex, for EVO...might've been for Paragon, as well...

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Thanks Blue.

*looks at Japanese Miiverse*

There's some good stuff in here. Seeing the Monster Hunter costume in one of the pics just reminds me that this costume basically got me to buy the full wave 4 package and not just the stages. It's a great looking costume. Best sword for a Mii in the game imo too, heh. Actually looks harmful.

Oh, and I love that pic of Aryll spotting DK in her scope, heh.

Edit: Only saw one Krystal post but it was very popular. The Fox support page looks pretty dead. It doesn't seem to keep track of popular posts either. Maybe I'm only seeing so much though because of the region or something? Not sure.
As it's been said before, Star Fox isnt as popular as it was back then

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Possible, I guess, but I don't think it's very likely. Nintendo's been sponsoring all the big national tournaments this year. They were there for Apex, for EVO...might've been for Paragon, as well...
I don't think they were for Paragon but it could just be coincidence

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
As it's been said before, Star Fox isnt as popular as it was back then
Hmm? Back when? You mean in Japan? It's not as popular in Japan as it was years ago? Seems like what you maybe meant. I was only looking because BluePikmin said that apparently he'd seen a lot of Krystal stuff on the Japanese Miiverse. I just saw one thing with over 100 likes.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm? Back when? You mean in Japan? It's not as popular in Japan as it was years ago? Seems like what you maybe meant. I was only looking because BluePikmin said that apparently he'd seen a lot of Krystal stuff on the Japanese Miiverse. I just saw one thing with over 100 likes.
He meant (from what I gather) that Star Fox's genre has been dying off.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
On rail shooters are next to nonexistent. As much as it pains me to say this, Star Fox's future just grows darker and darker as the years pass. Its not the games fault, just the genre. At least the smash games keeps them relevant. Can't have a smash game unless a spacie is top 10

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
On rail shooters are next to nonexistent. As much as it pains me to say this, Star Fox's future just grows darker and darker as the years pass. Its not the games fault, just the genre. At least the smash games keeps them relevant. Can't have a smash game unless a spacie is top 10
Hmmm, I am interesting in learning more about why on-rails are dead. Anybody wanna enlighten me?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I am interesting in learning more about why on-rails are dead. Anybody wanna enlighten me?
As others have said awhile back, advances in development made the genre obsolete, as ridiculous the analogy may sound, but it's kinda like if they tried making pong today, it wouldnt work. On top of this the popularity of the genre just died, it wasnt just Star Fox that lost it, but practically every game that was part of it, there was a minor comeback when the Wii was the thing, but that only lasted for so long that it died off completely afterwards, and Sin & Punishment died because of it. To put it simple Star Fox could've made a comeback had it come out for the Wii as originally planned, but they screwed that up, they even refused to show its face until now if anyone remembers some people asking why the series wasnt in Nintendo Land.

Though some developers do make em, the issue is that, and I base this on wiki dare I say, only special enthusiasts can make em, plus the audience is niche as hell, this is even applied to vertical and horizontal shooters, which are more poplar than it but are also as dead.

That's why i've said Assault was the perfection of the series, which is why I wanted a sequel of that game to get rid of Command as others wanted, hell i'd like to see a remastering of Adventures after what I learned about what happened during development.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
As others have said awhile back, advances in development made the genre obsolete, as ridiculous the analogy may sound, but it's kinda like if they tried making pong today, it wouldnt work. On top of this the popularity of the genre just died, it wasnt just Star Fox that lost it, but practically every game that was part of it, there was a minor comeback when the Wii was the thing, but that only lasted for so long that it died off completely afterwards, and Sin & Punishment died because of it. To put it simple Star Fox could've made a comeback had it come out for the Wii as originally planned, but they screwed that up, they even refused to show its face until now if anyone remembers some people asking why the series wasnt in Nintendo Land.

Though some developers do make em, the issue is that, and I base this on wiki dare I say, only special enthusiasts can make em, plus the audience is niche as hell, this is even applied to vertical and horizontal shooters, which are more poplar than it but are also as dead.

That's why i've said Assault was the perfection of the series, which is why I wanted a sequel of that game to get rid of Command as others wanted, hell i'd like to see a remastering of Adventures after what I learned about what happened during development.

So what advances made it obsolete (I was hoping to have that answered sooner)?

Can you name any relevant on rail shooter nowadays? Or any on rail shooter that's coming out?
Nnnnooo, I cannot. You win.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You're a tricky one
To be honest, Zero was the only one that came to mind. The only other rail shooter I can remember is Panzer Dragoon, but that was ages ago. There was also Time Crisis, but that's more of an arcade attraction than anything.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Its sad to see on rail shooters disappear. Means less Star Fox games.

Speaking of Star Fox games I like how Assault and Adventures gave the characters realistic personalities and i really like that Assault made me feel connected to the characters. It was sad knowing that these familar faces were turning against you and you had to fight them.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I honestly think they should try to move away from the rail shooter aspect, keep it but have it be less intrusive, sorta like what Assault was trying to do but it would need better mechanics and level design to properly work. Star Fox could really be a great 3rd person shooter, exploring futuristic locations, like say, Mass Effect or Dead Space. Add in some off-rails stuff too though and keep the dogfighting aspect, it could be really fun, sorta like a furry Star Wars Battlefront (It's the only thing that comes to mind right now). Honestly I just want this franchise to stay relevant, regardless of gameplay, I just love the characters so much.

Would Kid Icarus Uprising count as a rail shooter? It was like half rail shooter I guess, although I'm not exactly sure how well that did

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think they should try to move away from the rail shooter aspect, keep it but have it be less intrusive, sorta like what Assault was trying to do but it would need better mechanics and level design to properly work. Star Fox could really be a great 3rd person shooter, exploring futuristic locations, like say, Mass Effect or Dead Space. Add in some off-rails stuff too though and keep the dogfighting aspect, it could be really fun, sorta like a furry Star Wars Battlefront (It's the only thing that comes to mind right now). Honestly I just want this franchise to stay relevant, regardless of gameplay, I just love the characters so much.

Would Kid Icarus Uprising count as a rail shooter? It was like half rail shooter I guess, although I'm not exactly sure how well that did
Yes, its flying sections function the same as on-rails.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

Barely since the rail segments were brief, Kid Icarus Uprising was actually going to be a Star Fox game, but Sakurai changed it at the last second. Sucks really because he would've saved it easily.

By the way, some very last minute stuff, I think it's over now, but who knows.
WVW69icyiGYkxFWGis.png
WVW69icysa8x7mQgxB.png
WVW69icyViYhCSQ7wD.png

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
He meant (from what I gather) that Star Fox's genre has been dying off.

Was that really what you meant Cyn? If so, seems like an odd thing to mention in relation to my comment about the Japanese Smash Miiverse. I was only commenting that I was surprised to not see so many Krystal Miiverse posts on the Japanese Miiverse after BluePikmin said there were some. His link took me directly to the Smash page too so it's not like I was even looking at anything specifically related to Star Fox. As we know, the Star Fox character's popularity in Smash is very much wrapped up in their characterization in Smash. I'm not expecting doubts about Zero to necessarily influence character interest in Smash. And besides, it sounded like there were Krystal posts and stuff to see anyways, I just didn't I guess. And also, all the character support pages seemed relatively dead compared to ours. The Fox support page for instance had a whole week where there were no popular posts. That pretty much never happens on ours. Made me think that I was somehow missing stuff like the peek at the Japanese Miiverse I was getting wasn't the full thing. That's all.

Can you name any relevant on rail shooter nowadays? Or any on rail shooter that's coming out?
To be honest, Zero was the only one that came to mind. The only other rail shooter I can remember is Panzer Dragoon, but that was ages ago. There was also Time Crisis, but that's more of an arcade attraction than anything.
What would we consider the highly popular Kid Icarus Uprising? A rail shooter hybrid?

Edit: Oh wait, Noivern already asked that, heh.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Barely since the rail segments were brief, Kid Icarus Uprising was actually going to be a Star Fox game, but Sakurai changed it at the last second. Sucks really because he would've saved it easily.

By the way, some very last minute stuff, I think it's over now, but who knows.
View attachment 76424 View attachment 76425 View attachment 76426
I'm still split on that, it obviously would've been great if it was a Star Fox game but if that were the case Kid Icarus would still be dead without a game, unless someone else were to pick it up

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
What would we consider the highly popular Kid Icarus Uprising? A rail shooter hybrid?
I haven't played it. Couldn't tell you! No 3DS. #firstworldproblems
The word on Kid Icarus is that it's the game Star Fox should have been. Take that for what you will.

Top Bottom