• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Yes they did
Okay. I will pop in my game and check this out to see if they have different taunts.

Updated edit:
*Few minutes later*

Okay, I checked. The taunts are the same. Just with different voice clips. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
This is pretty much what I said awhile ago
What you and that user said is true.

I actually saw someone commenting basically saying: "If it wasn't for Krystal, gay Fox would be cannon
or hard to disprove."

No joke. I take it whenever people say that "she ruined the series" BS... they actually mean their fantasy yaoi pairings.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
What you and that user said is true.

I actually saw someone commenting basically saying: "If it wasn't for Krystal, gay Fox would be cannon
or hard to disprove."

No joke. I take it whenever people say that "she ruined the series" BS... they actually mean their fantasy yaoi pairings.

Well I call that site ******* for a reason

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
The existence of Kursed is an allegory of how Krystal was one of the characters that suffered the most thanks to Command's awful writing.
It kinda reminds me of Mahoromatic, in the anime it ends with the main character becoming so emo years after Mahoros death that he abandons earth and lives in misery until he sees Mahoro again, but in the book he joins the same organization both his father worked for that he becomes as powerful as Mahoro but still lives on earth with everyone he knows, and eventually sees her again after an x amount of years.

They used the awful ending for Kursed.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
A few days ago I actually read a news article or saw a video, can't remember which, that theorized the same thing. Was a while ago and I can't recall where I saw this.
Here's the link for the video for that timeline theory for the Starfox universe you're talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSZ_KNP_DA . Hope you find it useful. Speaking of that, I found this online of what would have happened if Miyu and Fay were to be included in SF Zero with this pic

Still would be cool to see how Krystal would look like if she appears in SF Zero. Hopefully somebody online would do a pic it of our favorite blue vixen. Let's keep our support for her really strong.

To answer DeathFox137's statement there of Krystal if she had a palette swap for Kursed, that wouldn't be a bad idea and it adds some variety to some degree in appearance and her victory quotes would be different. Now I'm wondering if her victory theme would be the same as for the other Starfox characters.

As for CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 's comment on Krystal to be included, even if she doesn't appear in Zero, I doubt that it would hurt her chances to be playable in Smash 4 and the same goes for K. Rool. With Zero coming out later this year and in recent turn of events that Command just came out on the Wii U's eShop, this really boosts her chances a lot that you can imagine especially for the ballot and from what I have been seeing. Even Wolf's chances of coming back in Smash 4 for DLC as a returning veteran is inevitable because of him coming back for Zero, the release of Command on the eShop, and that he was playable in Brawl. Anyway, Nintendo is not the type of company who would just kill characters off like that especially those who has such a huge fanbase to those who like that character such as Krystal and K. Rool for instance. Once that character establishes itself in a franchise, they are there to stay no matter what happens. If you go to this site http://krystalarchive.com/ , the guy in charge of that site has made statements multiple times that Nintendo doesn't do that to characters like that of killing them off like that.

Finally for ArcaneKitsune 's comment of the GameFAQ post regarding about Krystal, I'm aware of that people out there who hate her for stupid irrational reasons and they fall in the minority. But it's no different at all since other female Nintendo characters like Krystal(a popular character) and even other popular ones like Samus, Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, Dixie Kong, Daisy, Lucina, and Palutena, you have the people who love them or hate them. Those who hate on Krystal just want to use her as a scapegoat to blame her for selfish idiotic reasons. Boy are they so wrong and acting like idiots. Sure Starfox 64 is my favorite game in the series, but I'm not the type of person who bashes on her. She has done nothing wrong in the series after all. In fact, Starfox Adventures(second favorite game in the series) and Starfox Assault(my third favorite game) are fun games to play and I really enjoyed them. For me as all of you know here in this forum, I believe that she was a welcome addition to the series and I find it as a really good thing. Not to mention that she is the only female SF character in the series who has had more screen time in the series than Katt, Amanda, Lucy, Miyu and Fay put together. I don't consider Krystal as a secondary character and in every game she has appeared in, she plays a central role to the game. Everyone at Nintendo including Miyamoto is aware of the fanbase around her from both American and Japanese audiences who love this character and they know it. That's why I'm sure that she will be back in future entries after Zero(still hoping for her appearance in that game). This is the same scenario with Dixie for instance that she is a popular character and she came back in the most recent entry in the DK series which was DKC: Tropical Freeze. Same thing with Rosalina that when she didn't showed up in New SMB Wii and New SMB U for instance, they brought her back in other games like Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 3D World for instance.

Which is why I will always and forever be not just a loyal Starfox fan, but also as a Krystal fan/supporter(also a fan of Fox, Wolf and Falco as well) no matter what.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Here's the link for the video for that timeline theory for the Starfox universe you're talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtSZ_KNP_DA . Hope you find it useful. Speaking of that, I found this online of what would have happened if Miyu and Fay were to be included in SF Zero with this pic

Still would be cool to see how Krystal would look like if she appears in SF Zero. Hopefully somebody online would do a pic it of our favorite blue vixen. Let's keep our support for her really strong.

To answer DeathFox137's statement there of Krystal if she had a palette swap for Kursed, that wouldn't be a bad idea and it adds some variety to some degree in appearance and her victory quotes would be different. Now I'm wondering if her victory theme would be the same as for the other Starfox characters.

As for CyberWolfJV TheGuy07 's comment on Krystal to be included, even if she doesn't appear in Zero, I doubt that it would hurt her chances to be playable in Smash 4 and the same goes for K. Rool. With Zero coming out later this year and in recent turn of events that Command just came out on the Wii U's eShop, this really boosts her chances a lot that you can imagine especially for the ballot and from what I have been seeing. Even Wolf's chances of coming back in Smash 4 for DLC as a returning veteran is inevitable because of him coming back for Zero, the release of Command on the eShop, and that he was playable in Brawl. Anyway, Nintendo is not the type of company who would just kill characters off like that especially those who has such a huge fanbase to those who like that character such as Krystal and K. Rool for instance. Once that character establishes itself in a franchise, they are there to stay no matter what happens. If you go to this site http://krystalarchive.com/ , the guy in charge of that site has made statements multiple times that Nintendo doesn't do that to characters like that of killing them off like that.

Finally for ArcaneKitsune 's comment of the GameFAQ post regarding about Krystal, I'm aware of that people out there who hate her for stupid irrational reasons and they fall in the minority. But it's no different at all since other female Nintendo characters like Krystal(a popular character) and even other popular ones like Samus, Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, Dixie Kong, Daisy, Lucina, and Palutena, you have the people who love them or hate them. Those who hate on Krystal just want to use her as a scapegoat to blame her for selfish idiotic reasons. Boy are they so wrong and acting like idiots. Sure Starfox 64 is my favorite game in the series, but I'm not the type of person who bashes on her. She has done nothing wrong in the series after all. In fact, Starfox Adventures(second favorite game in the series) and Starfox Assault(my third favorite game) are fun games to play and I really enjoyed them. For me as all of you know here in this forum, I believe that she was a welcome addition to the series and I find it as a really good thing. Not to mention that she is the only female SF character in the series who has had more screen time in the series than Katt, Amanda, Lucy, Miyu and Fay put together. I don't consider Krystal as a secondary character and in every game she has appeared in, she plays a central role to the game. Everyone at Nintendo including Miyamoto is aware of the fanbase around her from both American and Japanese audiences who love this character and they know it. That's why I'm sure that she will be back in future entries after Zero(still hoping for her appearance in that game). This is the same scenario with Dixie for instance that she is a popular character and she came back in the most recent entry in the DK series which was DKC: Tropical Freeze. Same thing with Rosalina that when she didn't showed up in New SMB Wii and New SMB U for instance, they brought her back in other games like Galaxy 2 and Super Mario 3D World for instance.

Which is why I will always and forever be not just a loyal Starfox fan, but also as a Krystal fan/supporter(also a fan of Fox, Wolf and Falco as well) no matter what.

Yeah, that's the video I saw. Thanks. Basically, Zero isn't a new idea. It's a reimagining of a reimagining. An new look at the same time period as the original Star Fox same as 64.

@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer

Just want to throw in my two cents and say that the Krystal having a Kursed alt isn't something I'd want either. I wouldn't mind just the costume as an option, but all that extra work on her character to basically have a duality... there's soooo many other places that her character could use work, like the moveset and gimmicks and animations for just the Krystal we know. Making basically a whole other character out of her would dilute the character most of us care about. Her character would seemingly be defined by duality like Tira from Soul Calibur or something... which it's never been. We don't know Krystal as a character with a dual personality. In actuality, Kursed is just Krystal and there's nothing we know about Kursed to believe she's widely different. Same character just not as happy perhaps. She'd not so much be comparable to Dark Pit as she would be to Pit being in a depressed mood for one of his alt colors. Seems silly right? Anymore different, and we're talking about two different playable versions of the same character, which no one really wants.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, that's the video I saw. Thanks. Basically, Zero isn't a new idea. It's a reimagining of a reimagining. An new look at the same time period as the original Star Fox same as 64.

@ IanTheGamer IanTheGamer

Just want to throw in my two cents and say that the Krystal having a Kursed alt isn't something I'd want either. I wouldn't mind just the costume as an option, but all that extra work on her character to basically have a duality... there's soooo many other places that her character could use work, like the moveset and gimmicks and animations for just the Krystal we know. Making basically a whole other character out of her would dilute the character most of us care about. Her character would seemingly be defined by duality like Tira from Soul Calibur or something... which it's never been. We don't know Krystal as a character with a dual personality. In actuality, Kursed is just Krystal and there's nothing we know about Kursed to believe she's widely different. Same character just not as happy perhaps. She'd not so much be comparable to Dark Pit as she would be to Pit being in a depressed mood for one of his alt colors. Seems silly right? Anymore different, and we're talking about two different playable versions of the same character, which no one really wants.
Your right, Dark Pit and Dr.Mario are especially hated for this reason

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

I agree that it wouldn't be a bad idea. I have seen victory quotes that are different that are from palette swap characters. However the victory poses and stances different while a palette swap character I hear is difficult to corporate on a character. However if they pull it off, awesome. If not, then we get what we get. All I was doing was approaching this in a neutral state on what I know. I am not 100% on this. Victory theme, it would be cool if it is different, but chances are, it will be the same theme if there is any form of time constraints, if Krystal was put in. I could be wrong.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I agree that it wouldn't be a bad idea. I have seen victory quotes that are different that are from palette swap characters. However the victory poses and stances different while a palette swap character I hear is difficult to corporate on a character. However if they pull it off, awesome. If not, then we get what we get. All I was doing was approaching this in a neutral state on what I know. I am not 100% on this. Victory theme, it would be cool if it is different, but chances are, it will be the same theme if there is any form of time constraints, if Krystal was put in. I could be wrong.
Again if so what would her lines be

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
For the next Star Fox, I want epic giant space battles that we can participate in. The final stage would be an Andross invasion of Corneria, but we actually get to move around in a 3D plane like all range mode. God that would be so epic.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know, you guys aren't to different from us at the Bandana Dee thread....
except StarFox

Even tho some people consider us rivals for characters with a spear of sorts, I would totally be willing to hang out around here ^.^

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
except StarFox

Even tho some people consider us rivals for characters with a spear of sorts, I would totally be willing to hang out around here ^.^
Rivals?! Bah!

I am in full support for Bandana Dee being in Smash. Nevertheless, welcome aboard.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
except StarFox

The two characters use their weapons very differently. Saying one would make the other redundant would be like saying Meta Knight makes Link redundant because they both use a kind of sword. Bandana Dee being more like Meta Knight and Krystal more like Link in that one is more of a pure spear user and the other is a staff wielder that uses her weapon physically but also gets other tricks out of it. Also like Meta Knight and Link, the two characters would play very differently just based on their size and shape.

Something that just occurred to me... Bandana Dee doesn't float or fly if I recall correctly. That would be unique to a Kirby character. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't played too many recent Kirby games in which Bandana Dee was a significant character.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
The two characters use their weapons very differently. Saying one would make the other redundant would be like saying Meta Knight makes Link redundant because they both use a kind of sword. Bandana Dee being more like Meta Knight and Krystal more like Link in that one is more of a pure spear user and the other is a staff wielder that uses her weapon physically but also gets other tricks out of it. Also like Meta Knight and Link, the two characters would play very differently just based on their size and shape.

Something that just occurred to me... Bandana Dee doesn't float or fly if I recall correctly. That would be unique to a Kirby character. Correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't played too many recent Kirby games in which Bandana Dee was a significant character.
If anything Krystal and Goku would be rivals since they both use staffs, but Goku (in my moveset at least) has a more kung fu and shaolin/bo staff style while Krystal is just kinda like, I'mma hit cha and do some cool spins.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman

Bandana Dee has Physics-defying jumps, allowing him to gain as much altitude as any other Kirby character, actually... Bandana Dee is in my top 10, but nowhere near Krystal, who is safely secured at second place (tied with guarantee K.Rool, and below pipedream Ridley...)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Well that's why I said "of sorts" because the both use spears BUT Krystal uses hers in a much more advanced way while Bandana Dee sticks more to the ancient war style of spear ^.^

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
hello guys, i'm actually thinking of doing a video for krystal. Any tips on what makes her unique?

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
hello guys, i'm actually thinking of doing a video for krystal. Any tips on what makes her unique?
No Landmaster! =D

Beyond that, I believe the first post of the first page of this thread contains much of what people have come up with in regards to uniqueness.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Your right, Dark Pit and Dr.Mario are especially hated for this reason
Yeah that's because they're clone clones well at least :4drmario: is, being that his character is a clone of a character already on the roster, Mario. Moveset clones are one thing, but clones are another, :4drmario: is Mario in a doctor's outfit, despite now being a semi clone, he's still a clone because pardon the moveset he's :4mario:, and unlike :4tlink: :4drmario: doesn't have any major differences besides his outfit appearance wise, if :4drmario: had the same moveset as he does now, but didn't look anything like :4mario:, he would not have that much negativity. Though with the edition of :4mewtwo: and now :4feroy: as DLC, he feels more welcomed, now that his more popular Melee buddies are back. For me the clones inclusions become more enjoyable, when certain veterans come back as DLC. Remeber when :4drmario: was first confirmed, :4mewtwo: was still unconfirmed, and people were mad that :4drmario: got in before :4mewtwo:. Thankfully :4mewtwo: was confirmed and :4drmario: was pardoned for getting in before :4mewtwo:. :4lucina:, the least hated of the clones, was a popular request, and with the inclusion of :4lucas: (their names both start with Luc) and :4feroy: she felt like a nice bonus. To me the inclusions of :4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy: helped warm me up to :4drmario::4lucina: .
:4darkpit: is a different story. Unlike :4drmario:and:4lucina:, :4darkpit: is not just hated for simply being a clone, but for being from a small franchise that already got ALOT of content in smash. It also doesn't help that :4pit: has an alt that looks just like :4darkpit: and :4darkpit: has an alt that looks just like :4pit:, I sometimes get confused who I'm fighting. The big problem with :4darkpit: is that it helps give credit to the Sakurai bias theory. It also doesn't help now that because of :4darkpit: Kid Icarus currently has more reps than Star Fox. Even though :4darkpit: was a last minute entry and hopefully didn't replace anyone, the fact that :4darkpit: is in the game while ___ is not can irk a few people. Though since the inclusion of veteran DLC, has really helped tone down the hate for the clones, I think with the inclusion of :wolf: :4darkpit: will probably not be as hated. I know I'll be much more accepting of :4darkpit: if :wolf:'s around. Then with :wolf: in I can start supporting more newcomers like Krystal, Sami, Krool, Pious, etc.
Sorry for the long post, but if some of it doesn't make sense, keep in mind I'm very bored waiting for new Smash news.
Her staff that would make her moveset completely different from the other Star Fox characters.
I know this has probably been asked alot, but what would happen if Krystal got in, but she was a clone of :4fox: aside from using her staff as a blaster? (Don't worry I don't see that happening)

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I know this has probably been asked alot, but what would happen if Krystal got in, but she was a clone of :4fox: aside from using her staff as a blaster? (Don't worry I don't see that happening)
Then that would give Krystal haters and clone haters even more reason to hate Krystal. It would be joyous that she joined the roster but she'd give me the same impressions as Lucina, a character I liked that joined the roster but turned out to be a clone of Marth. I don't like clones but either way, I'd be happy with Krystal joining (hopefully not as a semi-clone).

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Massive butthurt. And if she's all original? Same thing. I see very few positive reactions to any clone character as paid DLC, especially at time when the team is beginning to close shop.

Top Bottom