• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well, the Rayman thread does have a bandwagon from when Omni pulled the rug out from under us...

It doesn't affect our characters' chances, though. All it does is let us say how big our thread is compared to other threads.

Besides, things may be a little different after E3...
Very much so if it shows Krystal in it.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Well, the Rayman thread does have a bandwagon from when Omni pulled the rug out from under us...

It doesn't affect our characters' chances, though. All it does is let us say how big our thread is compared to other threads.

Besides, things may be a little different after E3...
True, and agreed. It was just an observation. I have faith we'll have plenty to talk about come E3. I'm really excited for having plenty to talk about. Right now there's just not a lot of information to discuss or stuff to work with to ramp up the hype for Krystal. As soon as my semester is over I might try that moveset drawing thing I've talked about more than a few times. That might generate some discussion. Man, the more I talk about that, the more I commit myself to it. I really have to give it a shot.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
True, and agreed. It was just an observation. I have faith we'll have plenty to talk about come E3. I'm really excited for having plenty to talk about. Right now there's just not a lot of information to discuss or stuff to work with to ramp up the hype for Krystal. As soon as my semester is over I might try that moveset drawing thing I've talked about more than a few times. That might generate some discussion. Man, the more I talk about that, the more I commit myself to it. I really have to give it a shot.
True. That's why we'll find out for sure at E3 when they spill the beans on SF Wii U. Either way, I'm excited to what they are going to say on it and the features SF Wii U is going to have and more importantly as we all agree on to have Krystal appear once again in it(which I have a safe feeling she will and the same with Wolf). Besides, I always have an optimistic attitude on things like this and hopefully everything falls in our favor for all of us Starfox/Krystal/Wolf fans here. BTW, guys I found this in Deviantart that we could use for our sig on her which could work out. What do you think?

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
That actually brings me to something I've been wanting to ask of you people. If Krystal were to get her chance what should the catchphrase be for her trailer introduction? I've thought of "Krystal Foresees a Fight!" or "Krystal Answers the Call!" I just wanted to hear what everyone else in this thread have thought of.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's see...

"KRYSTAL heeds the call!"
"KRYSTAL strikes in!"
"KRYSTAL gonna make you Dino-sore!"

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
Let's see...

"KRYSTAL heeds the call!"
"KRYSTAL strikes in!"
"KRYSTAL gonna make you Dino-sore!"
Dino-sore?! XD!!!!!!! Omg hilarious xD!!!

I have to say that I like the popular "Krystal joins the assault" since the new stage in smash is assault based. Then again, Nintendo might make up a new banner we can't even guess because of the title or plot to the new StarFox :o

The only two I can think of right now is-
"Krystal USES her staff"
(cause she barely did in Adventures :c)
" Krystal has her staff back"
(cause it completely disappeared from the series awaiting a reboot xD)

Oh gosh! How happy I'd be if her taunts from Assault were the same lines she taunts in this game xD I loved using " here I go" in the beginning of each match xD!! And then her and zero suit could say ""try me" back and forth at each other xD oh! One of her victory phrases has to be""You're not ready yet" so I can continue to harass my best friends with that line ;) xD!!!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, how tall should Krystal be? Logic says she'd be the same size as ox but Smash always makes the Star Fox characters shorter than depicted in source material, not sure how it would look. Also I saw a picture with Krystal's Assault Model up next to her adventures model and the more humanly proportioned assault one towered over the Adventures one.

Maybe I should try and make a graphic or something.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Question, how tall should Krystal be? Logic says she'd be the same size as ox but Smash always makes the Star Fox characters shorter than depicted in source material, not sure how it would look. Also I saw a picture with Krystal's Assault Model up next to her adventures model and the more humanly proportioned assault one towered over the Adventures one.

Maybe I should try and make a graphic or something.
I've actually thought of this a good deal and drew up some preliminary stuff. I made her taller than Fox but shorter than Wolf basically, as Ian said. To make her fit in with the others, she has to be proportioned to have a bit larger head relative to her body than she does in Assault. It's not Command ridiculous thankfully. Think she'll look better in a coat like the art that Wolfheart had in his post and the art in his sig too.

Anyways, just popped in to post that after pulling an all nighter with a final project. I'm out~

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I swear, they better give us more Starfox News at E3, because it seems like everytime the timing for Krystal in Smash is what screws her up.

As for her size, I think Krystal should be a head taller than Fox. Wolf doesn't stand upright but I could see Krystal maintaining a more elegant posture. The team can't seem to not make the females of the game tall anyways.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I swear, they better give us more Starfox News at E3, because it seems like everytime the timing for Krystal in Smash is what screws her up.

As for her size, I think Krystal should be a head taller than Fox. Wolf doesn't stand upright but I could see Krystal maintaining a more elegant posture. The team can't seem to not make the females of the game tall anyways.
Agreed. But what I also want to hear at E3 is not just the news for the Starfox Wii U game, but the compatibility it'll have with the Amiibos since Miyamoto confirmed it and a Starfox Amiibo lineup in figurines like how they are doing it with Smash, Super Mario and even the upcoming Splatoon game. If they can do it with those three, I can see them do it with Starfox for sure.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting that Splatoon is the tied second individual Nintendo series (outside of smash) to get amiibo, I guess Nintendo has a lot of faith in it.

I wonder how the theoretical star Fox amiibos would work. Unlock Smash costumes for Fox/Falco? Give extra lives? unlock exclusive missions? Landmaster Skins?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Agreed. But what I also want to hear at E3 is not just the news for the Starfox Wii U game, but the compatibility it'll have with the Amiibos since Miyamoto confirmed it and a Starfox Amiibo lineup in figurines like how they are doing it with Smash, Super Mario and even the upcoming Splatoon game. If they can do it with those three, I can see them do it with Starfox for sure.

No, I swore I wouldn't buy any amiibos other than link...

Although I really want them...

Ugh, fine, just don't make too many. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Wolf, Leon and Panther should be the extent

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Ugh, fine, just don't make too many. Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Wolf, Leon and Panther should be the extent
Or swap Panther with Andrew and Pigma depending on how much of a remake/reboot this is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Meh, I like Panther more

Also, No reboots please. Star Fox certainly hasn't had enough games to actually need one
Well they did get one right out the gate so it's not like there isn't precedence. I hope they do something new with it though.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Besides for a Starfox Amiibo lineup, it doesn't have to be like the Smash Amiibos where it's like 50+ characters. Since the main cast of the Starfox series is small, it should be like 6 or 7 character based Amiibo like the Super Mario Amiibo series and these characters for the Starfox lineup should be
-Fox Mccloud (Starfox version in a different pose different from the Smash with the same uniform from the Smash series)
-Falco Lombardi (same as Fox)
-Krystal
-Peppy Hare
-Slippy Toad
-Wolf O'Donnell

There you have it. At this amount for the Starfox Amiibo figurines for its lineup, it's more than enough.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Besides for a Starfox Amiibo lineup, it doesn't have to be like the Smash Amiibos where it's like 50+ characters. Since the main cast of the Starfox series is small, it should be like 6 or 7 character based Amiibo like the Super Mario Amiibo series and these characters for the Starfox lineup should be
-Fox Mccloud (Starfox version in a different pose different from the Smash with the same uniform from the Smash series)
-Falco Lombardi (same as Fox)
-Krystal
-Peppy Hare
-Slippy Toad
-Wolf O'Donnell

There you have it. At this amount for the Starfox Amiibo figurines for its lineup, it's more than enough.

I'd think they'd get redesigns in SFWii U though so fox would probably look pretty different

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Should Krystal and Wolf be released in a DLC pack, which comes with a new console specific Stage (Star Fox Wii U stage and a stage from Command), new attires for Fox and Falco (based off of their appearances in SF: Wii U), new music from Adventures, Command, and SF: Wii U, as well as Krystal and Wolf. (Each character comes with multiple costumes, Wolf has his SF:64 look, his Brawl look, and his look in SF: Wii U, While Krystal has an original attire (which consists of an open vest with the Star Fox logo on it, a dark blue tank top, black combat pants, and black boots, holsters for her blaster and staff, she still wears her diadem from Assault, and her jewelry from Assault, ), her Adventures attire, her Assault attire, and her attire from SF: Wii U)

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Should Krystal and Wolf be released in a DLC pack, which comes with a new console specific Stage (Star Fox Wii U stage and a stage from Command), new attires for Fox and Falco (based off of their appearances in SF: Wii U), new music from Adventures, Command, and SF: Wii U, as well as Krystal and Wolf. (Each character comes with multiple costumes, Wolf has his SF:64 look, his Brawl look, and his look in SF: Wii U, While Krystal has an original attire (which consists of an open vest with the Star Fox logo on it, a dark blue tank top, black combat pants, and black boots, holsters for her blaster and staff, she still wears her diadem from Assault, and her jewelry from Assault, ), her Adventures attire, her Assault attire, and her attire from SF: Wii U)
Wow, that's some huge wishful thinking right there... But I'd be all for it.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I'm happy to see so much support for Krystal she is the one character I always wanted in a Smash Bros game since Brawl was announced infact she was the first character I voted for on the ballot I'm hoping she makes it in and you count me in the list of supporters :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the second wave theory is true then that means wave one has a veteran focus. I'd assume that means Wolf is a lock but who would be numero two? Of said veterans only Mewtwo hasn't been transferred from Brawl and Ryu is the only completely new one.

There's no more worthwhile veterans besides those with technical (ICs) or legal (Snake) problems so either they do a character whole sale or make a new semi-clone, something on the level of Melee Luigi. The sooner they reveal Wolf the better as then people who want moar Star Fox will put their vote towards our azure vixen.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
If the second wave theory is true then that means wave one has a veteran focus. I'd assume that means Wolf is a lock but who would be numero two? Of said veterans only Mewtwo hasn't been transferred from Brawl and Ryu is the only completely new one.

There's no more worthwhile veterans besides those with technical (ICs) or legal (Snake) problems so either they do a character whole sale or make a new semi-clone, something on the level of Melee Luigi. The sooner they reveal Wolf the better as then people who want moar Star Fox will put their vote towards our azure vixen.
I'd considered the second wave theory before. From a technical standpoint, it makes sense. I mean, the devs and Nintendo execs might have known that people would have voted more for the veterans they once had than newcomers. They might have considered the possibility of the votes being skewered in the interest of returning veterans over newcomers.

Voter confidence in familiarity (veterans) over uncertainty (newcomers).

Thus, they might have decided to roll out the vets before the technical deadline of the ballot arrived---a considerate move, if this is the case. Naturally, this won't stop the votes for the veterans who aren't released yet, but they're still receiving a sizable amount of votes for newcomers too that they can look at later.

As always, we'll see what happens in the long run.

As for E3 and Star Fox Wii U, I'm going to refrain from making predictions. Nintendo has withheld virtually all information regarding this game. This is sort of strange, considering the common knowledge that the game is supposedly being released by the end of the year. I don't know whether to be excited or afraid. Therefore, I'm going to keep multiple options open, including the possibility of Krystal not appearing in Star Fox Wii U at all.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The second wave theory sure does seem nice, especially when you look at Mario Kart 8 and see the precedent there.

All I hope is that we get enough newcomer DLC for Krystal to get in there. The minimum is 3 really, but to be safe I'd rather have something more like 6.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As for Krystal not appearing in Star Fox Wii U, The main complaint about Adventures and Assault was the gameplay, not Krystal. And before you get started, Miyamoto was in charge of the production for Adventures, Assault, and Command. He had involvement in those three projects. Krystal is technically a Miyamoto character. It was Miyamoto's idea to put her in the Star Fox series, It was Miyamoto who created her in the form she would take. Besides after the low sales of SF 64 3D, I don't think Nintendo will make a similar game. This game was also in the works since 2008. Not to mention how Nintendo ignores the internet and their hypocritical internet fans. If Krystal is removed from the games, I won't be surprised if all of the people who hated her, want her back in the series

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
The second wave theory sure does seem nice, especially when you look at Mario Kart 8 and see the precedent there.

All I hope is that we get enough newcomer DLC for Krystal to get in there. The minimum is 3 really, but to be safe I'd rather have something more like 6.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/251612-...much-smash-bros-dlc-as-possible-made-for-fans

Well hopefully this will put you at ease.

Its not much but, it seems like he'll try as much as possible. (bluepikmin posted this first, but i thought it'd share it)

Hopefully this means he'll try to make as much DLC chars as possible.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
As for Krystal not appearing in Star Fox Wii U, The main complaint about Adventures and Assault was the gameplay, not Krystal. And before you get started, Miyamoto was in charge of the production for Adventures, Assault, and Command. He had involvement in those three projects. Krystal is technically a Miyamoto character. It was Miyamoto's idea to put her in the Star Fox series, It was Miyamoto who created her in the form she would take. Besides after the low sales of SF 64 3D, I don't think Nintendo will make a similar game. This game was also in the works since 2008. Not to mention how Nintendo ignores the internet and their hypocritical internet fans. If Krystal is removed from the games, I won't be surprised if all of the people who hated her, want her back in the series
Are you saying Star Fox Wii U's been in development since 2008? I know there was a notion to do something on the Wii, but I don't think it ever got beyond "notepad" status. If you have info proving me otherwise, please share.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/251612-...much-smash-bros-dlc-as-possible-made-for-fans

Well hopefully this will put you at ease.

Its not much but, it seems like he'll try as much as possible. (bluepikmin posted this first, but i thought it'd share it)

Hopefully this means he'll try to make as much DLC chars as possible.
In typical Sakurai fashion, or Nintendo fashion in general, this doesn't quite satisfy our questions. It's just vague enough and riddle-ly enough that you wonder, "wait, is he saying he's gonna make a lot of DLC or not? Did he just say he wont do a lot, or just not a lot at once? He's looking forward to being done, but didn't they just start? Wait, what's he mean by 'once'? What does 'as much fun content as possible' mean? What's the content and what's possible?"

It's good to hear him say something I guess, but like with so many things lately I can't make a conclusion one way or another from it. Also, stuff gets lost in translation, but Nintendo really do never give a straight answer, lol.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@ jahkzheng jahkzheng
What I mean was that the game was an idea since 2008
Ah, okay. That's what I understood about it already. I was kind of hoping you'd prove otherwise to me though since if they'd actually done more than just thought of it since 2008, we might expect a lot more to it. At the same time, a game spending that much time in development and having this little info on it would be suspect too.

Basically, assuming this game is still coming out at the end of this year, I really hope it's getting enough dev time because I don't want a half done game... even though I'll probably still buy it.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I'm only going to panic for Krystal if Starfox Wii U doesn't include her and/or Sakurai says no more DLC/Will not put in Krystal because "put probably lame reasoning here". Until then I'm just going to patiently wait for E3. I am a bit on edge for her but I also have faith. Can't wait to hear more news :)

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I found this awesome piece of fanart of Krystal if she were a fighter I don't know the artist but I thought I'd share it I like the little touch of having the Adventures Krystal and the Assault Krystal together which pretty much is based the "stance" moveset idea some have brought up before

89ebd6c8b1f7705542ecd22035e80de9.jpg

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I found this awesome piece of fanart of Krystal if she were a fighter I don't know the artist but I thought I'd share it I like the little touch of having the Adventures Krystal and the Assault Krystal together which pretty much is based the "stance" moveset idea some have brought up before

View attachment 48698
I know the artist. :) He and I are pretty much the only ones on Miiverse that draw colored pictures of Krystal frequently. ^^; I like his art but sometimes he draws her kinda flirty ( like most artist do with her :c or worse.. ) which make people get the wrong idea cause that's not her character at all. xc

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Ah, okay. That's what I understood about it already. I was kind of hoping you'd prove otherwise to me though since if they'd actually done more than just thought of it since 2008, we might expect a lot more to it. At the same time, a game spending that much time in development and having this little info on it would be suspect too.

Basically, assuming this game is still coming out at the end of this year, I really hope it's getting enough dev time because I don't want a half done game... even though I'll probably still buy it.
Well with Zelda being delayed for next year, this puts Starfox Wii U in a much better position since Miyamoto can put more time on it and have it ready by the end of this year since from what we know that it is still slated for a late 2015 release(some time during the holiday season which is the more likely) and to be one of the focuses for this year's E3 and not being pressured by Zelda. That's why I'm eager to finally hear more info on it during E3. Interestingly, we could also find out who is the third-party developer who could be collaborating with Nintendo on SF Wii U since that is something Miyamoto brought up last year of him and his team looking for a third-party development partner to work with them on it. Most likely even as we speak, he and his team should have found a studio partner to work with them on it a while back and don't want to spill anything else before E3. That may likely be the reason why there wasn't anything Starfox related in the last Direct on April 1. It is obvious that they are saving it for the E3 2015 event since they see Starfox now as their major "ace in the hole" with Zelda pushed back along with some other titles like Yoshi's Wooly World, Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles X(these 3 which are still slated for release this year). Because if they revealed it during the Direct, that would have spoiled the surprise in some way. But at the same time, Starfox Wii U is a title from what I see that Nintendo can't afford to have delayed after what happened to Zelda. Because if it did, then Nintendo may not have a title for the holiday season and it could hurt them. If you compare the development times between Starfox and Zelda, Starfox doesn't take that long to develop while Zelda on the other hand is the opposite. That's why I have a feeling that at the same time Miyamoto wants to make SF Wii U a quality-based game that doesn't look like that is half done. It's been something that he has been working on since the Wii generation back in 2008. This is the same situation with Pikmin 3 where they were originally going to release it on the Wii. Instead they brought it over to the Wii U instead and it's happening with Starfox Wii U.

To respond to ShyGuy XL's response about that Krystal pic, I have seen that artist before on the Miiverse and have been following him as well. Really good supporter for Krystal there.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The second wave theory could potentially be amazing, we could have Wolf in the first, then much later Krystal in the second. This would be after star fox has released making the franchise more recent and stopping people complaining about over-representation. Same with Donkey Kong, Dixie in the first, K Rool in the second

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The second wave theory could potentially be amazing, we could have Wolf in the first, then much later Krystal in the second. This would be after star fox has released making the franchise more recent and stopping people complaining about over-representation. Same with Donkey Kong, Dixie in the first, K Rool in the second
Yeah that's my perfect world theory, that unknown characters 5+6 are Wolf and Dixie as Wolf is the last non-issue Brawl vet and Dixie was to be in Brawl at one point or another. So this way we'd get one set of villain and girl and then another.

Top Bottom