• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West Pretty Good Gaming's 7th Monthly Smash Attack

Pretty Good Gaming's 7th Monthly Smash Attack
Posted by Bkomel
Claredon Hills Clubhouse
Saturday, May 7, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 7, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Zink.

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJbro947
What place do you have to be in order to win cash?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
what's good everyone!? If anyone has trouble, call me @ 510.259.8465

a bird

Smash Rookie
So although this was a fun tournament with great TO's and a well run venue, the bracket was a complete mess, and I'm sorry if that's harsh but you guys really need to use challonge or something next time. You can't just put someone wherever in losers once they're out of winners. Tree who was in winner's finals was put at the bottom of the loser's bracket and ended up not being in top 8 when he should've been guaranteed at least 3rd place and part of the payout. Same thing happened to both winners semifinalists. You also had the odd person out, The Zard, instead of fighting someone else for a spot in round one of winner's just get repeated byes until he was in winners semis without playing a single set, which is incredibly unfair to all the other players. I really enjoyed this tournament and would like to go to the next one but not if players are just thrown around willy-nilly in how many sets they need to play to make grands. I honestly feel happy I lost my first set so I wouldn't get pissed about being placed at the bottom of the losers bracket if I lost late into the tournament.

Last edited:

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
So although this was a fun tournament with great TO's and a well run venue, the bracket was a complete mess, and I'm sorry if that's harsh but you guys really need to use challonge or something next time. You can't just put someone wherever in losers once they're out of winners. Tree who was in winner's finals was put at the bottom of the loser's bracket and ended up not being in top 8 when he should've been guaranteed at least 3rd place and part of the payout. Same thing happened to both winners semifinalists. You also had the odd person out, The Zard, instead of fighting someone else for a spot in round one of winner's just get repeated byes until he was in winners semis without playing a single set, which is incredibly unfair to all the other players. I really enjoyed this tournament and would like to go to the next one but not if players are just thrown around willy-nilly in how many sets they need to play to make grands. I honestly feel happy I lost my first set so I wouldn't get pissed about being placed at the bottom of the losers bracket if I lost late into the tournament.
The Zard was actually only given 1 free through round one as we were 1 person short of rounding out the tree, and he won the previous tournament.

I'm thinking of using challonge next time as I used to be keeping track of the tree, but I was doing other things, and could not be on it this time. When these were smaller the white boards worked, but I'm thinking about definitely using challonge.

As for tree also, We made that mistake, and I remember making it now. I am going to let tree know, and award him which ever amiibo / cash equivalent (Under 25). Thanks for bringing it up as I don't think others would have. (We try to make these looks good, but I'm semi-new to professional rules and making tournaments)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Did you need me to bring my setup?
I'm sorry but you truly got 3rd. I explained on youtube, but I owe you an amiibo / Cash equivalent (Not talking about some 50$ amiibo, but I'll try for any you say. It's probably on amazon for cheap) also for assurance, we're going to start using challonge to stop this mess

Top Bottom