• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pressing button on GC controller crashes Dolphin

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Has anyone had this issue?

The moment I press any button on my GC controller (connected with a mayflash adapter) Dolphin instantly crashes. I am currently on version 4.0 because why not, I have tried the newest and oldest versions after reading different things from people. I have spent hours trying every fix I can google and I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this issue and has any idea how to fix it?

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
My friend had the same issue last night. Whenever he started up melee, he would have the game crash if he hit anything during the opening sequence. Oddly enough, the way we fixed it was by turning off cheats. Maybe that'll help you??

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tip, when I made this post I had just finished hours on google trying different builds. :)

Fixed:

Ok so I ended up going through the guides from Anthers Ladder. They had links to current dolphin builds which I extracted in my dolphin folder and I use that to launch the game now. Then I followed the controller set up guide which in a nutshell had me switch my mayflash adapter back from pc to Wii U setting, then I had to install zadig_22 and change my drivers for the controller. After I finished that I didn't have to do anything else besides activate the cheats.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Yeah, Dolphin can be weird sometimes.

Apparently the reason his game would crash is because he had a version specific cheat, and he had 1.0 instead of 1.2

*rips hair out*

toastedbagels

Smash Cadet
Yes I ended up needing to get version 1.2 in order to netplay because I was not compatible with the other players. I had to replace ISO.

Top Bottom