• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
>_>

It's still terrible reasoning, because you're using it to determine roster slots based upon "time it takes" to create movesets. Look, unless you're in there programming with Sakurai, you don't know how long they're spending to make movesets; so that's a terrible method for determining how many reps a particular series gets.

Besides, it's not like you're subtracting for characters who are returning since they would spend less time tweaking old movesets than creating brand-new ones. I just think it's bad practice for figuring out rep numbers.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think my main problem with K. Rool is because he is a generic villain. Oh yes, blahblahblah he has so many appearances and in so many guises, so he has so much potential for a moveset, blah blah. This is the reason he is generic. He is a name and a shape to fill in the evil pirate, or evil despot, or evil scientist, or evil what have you. This same argument has been used to help argue against Ness, who, when compared to Lucas, is just a generic hero destined to destroy evil. you could technically say this about Bowser, but his motives have become increasingly complex with the advent of games like SMRPG and SPM. K. Rool is still bent on evil tasks almost entirely for the sake of being evil. Maybe Bongo Blast and King of Swing will change this, but for now, K. Rool is a bit too generic for me to see him on the roster.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
My roster. I think it might be identical to my old one.

Mario: Mario, Bowser, Peach, Luigi, Paper Mario, Bowser Jr.

LoZ: Link, Hero of Winds (WW Link), Zelda, Ganondorf

Pokemon: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario

Fire Emblem: Ike, Marth, Micaiah

Metroid: Samus/ZSS, Ridley

Star Fox: Fox, Falco, Krystal

Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede

DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Earthbound: Lucas, Masked Guy

F-Zero: Captain Falcon

Yoshi: Yoshi

WarioWare: Wario

Kid Icarus: Pit

Pikmin: Captain Olimar

Sonic: Sonic

Metal Gear: Snake

Ice Climber: Ice Climbers

Game and Watch: Mr. Game & Watch

Bomberman: Bomberman

Tetris: L-Block :psycho:

Densetsu No Stafy: Starfy

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
>_>

It's still terrible reasoning, because you're using it to determine roster slots based upon "time it takes" to create movesets. Look, unless you're in there programming with Sakurai, you don't know how long they're spending to make movesets; so that's a terrible method for determining how many reps a particular series gets.

Besides, it's not like you're subtracting for characters who are returning since they would spend less time tweaking old movesets than creating brand-new ones. I just think it's bad practice for figuring out rep numbers.
I don't even think you read my post. :urg:

I think my main problem with K. Rool is because he is a generic villain.
Yes, trivial things like that really matter when picking characters for brawl.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think my main problem with K. Rool is because he is a generic villain. Oh yes, blahblahblah he has so many appearances and in so many guises, so he has so much potential for a moveset, blah blah. This is the reason he is generic. He is a name and a shape to fill in the evil pirate, or evil despot, or evil scientist, or evil what have you. This same argument has been used to help argue against Ness, who, when compared to Lucas, is just a generic hero destined to destroy evil. you could technically say this about Bowser, but his motives have become increasingly complex with the advent of games like SMRPG and SPM. K. Rool is still bent on evil tasks almost entirely for the sake of being evil. Maybe Bongo Blast and King of Swing will change this, but for now, K. Rool is a bit too generic for me to see him on the roster.
WOW!!! You have no idea what generic means, K. Rool and any Mother lead is far from generic.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Yeah, he would be cool, and just to comment on this topic, I thinking this is the most accurate list I ever seen.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I see 5 Descreptancies.

Black Knight isn't a Sword fighter, he's a Spear guy, not to mention he fills the Antagonist spot quite well. After all, he appears in two games.

Wolf better be there, or someone's going to be torched like Frankenstein.

You're Missing Phoenix Wright. You're the true culprit of the 6th case in Trials and Tribulations.

Claus and Ness aren't there. That's a problem.

WHERE THE HELL IS METROID PRIME/DARK SAMUS???

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The best character roster on the entire boards, by far. The inclusion of Claus, Geno, and Megaman is excellent, but you sort of get some points taken off for the inclusion of Dr. Kawashima, whom I cannot see as anything but an AT. That's just my opinion, though.

I always go to this page first because it hasn't failed me yet in terms of predictions. Very awesome job, 10/10.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Black Knight isn't a Sword fighter, he's a Spear guy, not to mention he fills the Antagonist spot quite well. After all, he appears in two games.
You must never have played any of his games, then, because the only weapon he ever uses (at least in PoR and halfway through Radiant Dawn, which is as far as I am at present) is Alondite, his personal, Goddess-blessed sword; and given all the FE characters to get into SSB yet have been given their legendary weapon - Marth with Falchion, Roy with the Sword of Seals, and Ike with Ragnell - you can bet thats what the BK would have if he had a chance in hell of being playable in SSB. Besides, theres no need for an antagonist from each series, and least of all from Fire Emblem, where the Lords are much more important to the series and by and large more popular.

Biggie Smalls said:
Wolf better be there, or someone's going to be torched like Frankenstein.

You're Missing Phoenix Wright. You're the true culprit of the 6th case in Trials and Tribulations.

Claus and Ness aren't there. That's a problem.

WHERE THE HELL IS METROID PRIME/DARK SAMUS???
No logic in any of those statements, especially since all save Phoenix are in his "runner-up" posts linked at the end of his list. And Phoenix is an impossibility anyway, since he has to contend with bigger name Capcom characters to get in (principally Mega Man of course, but even for a second slot if one existed the likes of Ryu or various Resident Evil characters).

Zevox

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
You must never have played any of his games, then, because the only weapon he ever uses (at least in PoR and halfway through Radiant Dawn, which is as far as I am at present) is Alondite, his personal, Goddess-blessed sword; and given all the FE characters to get into SSB yet have been given their legendary weapon - Marth with Falchion, Roy with the Sword of Seals, and Ike with Ragnell - you can bet thats what the BK would have if he had a chance in hell of being playable in SSB. Besides, theres no need for an antagonist from each series, and least of all from Fire Emblem, where the Lords are much more important to the series and by and large more popular.

No logic in any of those statements, especially since all save Phoenix are in his "runner-up" posts linked at the end of his list. And Phoenix is an impossibility anyway, since he has to contend with bigger name Capcom characters to get in (principally Mega Man of course, but even for a second slot if one existed the likes of Ryu or various Resident Evil characters).

Zevox
I not posting logic because they're pretty obvious choices scratch Phoenix Wright. He should be a second spot.

Megaman and Phoenix. Phoenix Wright in Brawl would give major popularity. He needs that in America even more than Megaman.

The Ace Attorney maker guy said he will not bring Apollo Justice to America if Trials and Tribulations doesn't sell good enough. That's good enough to warrant him a spot..even over Megaman.

Ryu is..isn't he dead? Leon wasnt even considered in the newer Resident Evil game, and the guy in there no one likes for taking Leon's spot.

I could of sworn someone saying Black knight had a spear.

Zevox

Smash Lord
The Ace Attorney maker guy said he will not bring Apollo Justice to America if Trials and Tribulations doesn't sell good enough. That's good enough to warrant him a spot..even over Megaman.
Not really. Mega Man is the single most fan-requested 3rd party character since Sonic got confirmed, and always was #2 after the Blue Blur. Thats no accident. Phoenix needing advertising isn't going to get him in over a classic fan-favorite character who is an icon of the video game industry. That would be like NiGHTS getting in over Sonic due to his upcoming Wii game.

Biggie Smalls said:
Ryu is..isn't he dead? Leon wasnt even considered in the newer Resident Evil game, and the guy in there no one likes for taking Leon's spot.
I was talking about Ryu from Street Fighter - wasn't aware there was on in Resident Evil (only ever tried one of those games once, as a rental, and I hated the controls so much I stopped trying after less than a half hour and never went back). Don't think the Street Fighter Ryu is dead, but I don't know.

Besides, since when does being dead in their series disqualify a character from SSB? If that were so, Ganondorf would be out (killed in Zelda 2), and Ness would have that as a reason to be gone (dead of old age by Mother 3).

Biggie Smalls said:
I could of sworn someone saying Black knight had a spear.
He has the ability to use spears during one chapter in Radiant Dawn, but only if you give one to him yourself (hes a temporary ally), and even then its a waste due to how powerful Alondite is and the fact that, unlike any spear you give him, it can never break.

Zevox

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Another day with an extremely lame update. It's seems like, with that post, Sakurai is actually taunting us. And he's pretty good at that.

I mean, hey! It has actually been three weeks without a **** newcomer! It's about time to show us anything, don't you think? Also, the updates posted lately seems to be really lame. Let's see which annoying update has he reserved for tomorrow...

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, you never know what could happen . . . Friday could be a double character update for all we know. It's probably won't happen, but it definately could.

Now, back to reality. I'm starting to seriously doubt a roster 40 characters in size. That is, if Sakurai is revealing all of the characters before release. At this rate, we'll be lucky to see 30 . . .

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Well, you never know what could happen . . . Friday could be a double character update for all we know. It's probably won't happen, but it definately could.
No, it's just not going to happen. There won't even be two characters updates on the same week. So, in the same day... No, that it's definitely not going to happen EVER.

Now, back to reality. I'm starting to seriously doubt a roster 40 characters in size. That is, if Sakurai is revealing all of the characters before release. At this rate, we'll be lucky to see 30 . . .
I think there will be about 35. Sakurai doesn't feel like putting a lot of characters in Brawl, as he is showing us lately...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
It's just a gut feeling, I don't think Sakurai is trying to release the full Brawl roster at all. And I'm pretty sure that even if he did intend to release the full roster, on the grounds that he'd rather get to tell people himself rather than let the internet blow it, he'd hold out for as long as he could.
Perhaps I'm remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't the full Melee roster revealed in one big lump within a few days of the release of Melee? I'd expect that more than I'd expect Sakurai to slowly reveal the roster over the course of several months.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Perhaps I'm remembering this incorrectly, but wasn't the full Melee roster revealed in one big lump within a few days of the release of Melee? I'd expect that more than I'd expect Sakurai to slowly reveal the roster over the course of several months.
Really? I wasn't big on the internet back when Melee came out, so I don't know how the Melee updates went (or even that there were Melee updates, to be honest). If he did things like that before, perhaps my thought of him doing a virtual marathon of character updates later might not be too far from the mark after all.

Zevox

Devastlian

Smash Lord
No no no...Someone got an advance copy of the game and leaked all of the secret stuff. They posted the character select screen and the unlockable characters on the unlockable stages. The SSBM website was updated twice a week with an element (like, for example, the controls, half of the stages, half of the new/altered attacks (with the other halves as another update) etc.) and a character profile. They showed all of the starting roster by the time the game came out and then just kept going after that with the hidden characters and stuff alongside any other random thing they could think of.

I can't post a link to it since I'm on my Wii but, if you go to www.smashwiki.com and go to Sakurai's page, you can find the link to Smabura-ken.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord

Do you SERIOUSLY expect ALL characters revealed before launch??

What about the surprizes???? Sakurai might reveal a hidden character here and there, but we WILL be shocked at the final roster.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Maybe one for Monday.

We *would* be getting newcomers every 1-2 weeks if the game hadn't been delayed.

I can see Sakurai....

"Crap... now how the hell do I stretch the Dojo until FEBRUARY??? That's 3 more months than I expected. And THERE I was, throwing double and TRIPLE updates like there's no tomorrow, and now there's a lot of tomorrow coming... I better come up with something FAST."

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Guys, we can't have a newcomer update every day.
We haven't had one in quite a few weeks. We aren't asking for that.

Seriously, I want to know the full roster before the release, and I get a feeling that we will be knowing the full roster before the Japanese release. Sakurai once said that he wanted to be the one to reveal the characters.

If he updated and said Isaac was a playable character I really would never complain about an update never again.:laugh:

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, true. the melee updates were much larger. seeing how the order is going, character update, something else, character update, something else. i would say for a character tomorrow. hopefully.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I was reading the predictions again, and uuuuh.... Wolf has not been deconfirmed. Gympifish confirmed that the so called "wolf alt" is just fox's dark color.

Top Bottom