• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
You've finally released your grip on the 40-character thing. I could tell it was sort of limiting you...
I'm glad you did this too. While the old argument for de facto 40 characters meaning production time was convincing, I think Sakurai meant 40 on-screen characters to select from when he said he wanted the roster 40 characters deep.
He also said that there would be 1-2 more third party characters (aside from Snake) and it seems odd you're still clinging onto the hope he changed his mind.
Come on man- Simon Belmont or Megaman or Geno (depending on where the rights lie)? Gonna have to figure out how to choose sometime.

Or perhaps a certain new addition to my list will fill the void of Marth-esque swordfighter...
I totally thought when you mentioned this you were thinking Isaac, not Takamaru. Oh, well. Still wouldn't have worked as a replacement.

I'm crossing my fingers for Micaiah, but you know where I stand on that... very unsolid ground...
Kawashima is a joke, right? Heh- Math Attack!
(sigh) actually, he'd kick my ***.

All you people who think an icon confirms a character, why do you think that?

Because if something is going to have a stage (Like Pictochat) but doesn't fit into any of the other series they would likely just make an icon for it... thats all their is to it.

I mean look how easy it is to make an icon.
Yeah, I admit to being guilty of this. Then the DS icon came along. I really just can't see Kawashima being playable. Or someone that would specifically have a DS as their franchise symbol. So it helps demerit the icon theory for an Animal Crossing character. Good riddance. (shrug)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Why are Villager and Kawasima on the list? There won't be a Villager for the same reason that there won't be Nook; they're in the background as a stage decoration. What makes this situation all that different than Nook in the background or Miis as different icons? Besides, action and fighting don't fit the atmosphere of a passive, friendly, non-aggressive game like Animal Crossing anyway.

As for Kawasima, you left out a few exhibits:
Exhibit E: He's a real person; he didn't originate in videogames.
Exhibit F: He's a real person, so wouldn't you think Nintendo might have a problem with a game where you beat up a real person? I'm not sure that I'd find a game that encouraged players to murder me to be very appropriate.
Exhibit G: Touch Generations logo != DS logo
Exhibit H: If he was in the game, it would be with a Brain Age icon, not the DS icon. He lives in the Brain Age universe, not the handheld hardware universe. Would you expect Takamaru to have a Famicom/NES icon or Isaac to have the GBA icon?
Exhibit I: Why do we need a WTF character?

And I still think four third-party characters is pushing it, considering Sakurai staked that he was planning on including only one or two beyond Snake. I'd kick out Simon, since I expect that Capcom will be willing to lend Megaman, and that would make three third-party characters. Of course, Geno might be fighting for that spot too. I'm actually more willing to expect Geno in Brawl even if he's owned by Square-Enix, since Geno isn't an important IP. Unless they include him in a Nintendo game, I can't see Square-Enix benefiting from the rights to the character. He's never going to appear again unless its in a Nintendo game.

Think of all the character slots you'll free up if you remove Simon, Villager, and Kawasima. That gives you room to put in deserving characters like Isaac. ;)

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Why are Villager and Kawasima on the list? There won't be a Villager for the same reason that there won't be Nook; they're in the background as a stage decoration. What makes this situation all that different than Nook in the background or Miis as different icons? Besides, action and fighting don't fit the atmosphere of a passive, friendly, non-aggressive game like Animal Crossing anyway.

Exhibit F: He's a real person, so wouldn't you think Nintendo might have a problem with a game where you beat up a real person? I'm not sure that I'd find a game that encouraged players to murder me to be very appropriate.
Exhibit H: If he was in the game, it would be with a Brain Age icon, not the DS icon. He lives in the Brain Age universe, not the handheld hardware universe. Would you expect Takamaru to have a Famicom/NES icon or Isaac to have the GBA icon?

And I still think four third-party characters is pushing it, considering Sakurai staked that he was planning on including only one or two beyond Snake. I'd kick out Simon, since I expect that Capcom will be willing to lend Megaman, and that would make three third-party characters. Of course, Geno might be fighting for that spot too. I'm actually more willing to expect Geno in Brawl even if he's owned by Square-Enix, since Geno isn't an important IP. Unless they include him in a Nintendo game, I can't see Square-Enix benefiting from the rights to the character. He's never going to appear again unless its in a Nintendo game.

Think of all the character slots you'll free up if you remove Simon, Villager, and Kawasima. That gives you room to put in deserving characters like Isaac. ;)
He is right you know, wisey.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
I like Kawashima. :)

But was it really supposed to BE the real Dr. Kawashima? Or did they just name the Brain Age character after him? Though I do suppose he WOULD get his own icon - the brain, probably. So I'm hoping for Kawashima; but my hopes aren't too high. Either way, he'd be the greatest WTF in the history of WTF's. :chuckle:

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Quick note: I'm pretty sure his name is Kawashima, not Kawasima.
There is no "Si" in Japanese, only the letter "Shi". I don't know how they spell it in Brain Age, but if he's Japanese, his name is Kawashima. かわしま。

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy, I'm telling you this as a friend. This new list sucks.
which part? i'd see lack of marth and another mother/earthbound character as bad, but the rest seem like fairly good ideas. sheik could die and the world would thank sakurai. dr kawasima is the ultimate wtf character (wiseguy's gotta go out on a limb sometime right?). and geno probably won't make it, especially if at least 3 of the other 4 third party characters make it. overall though, what makes it suck?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
which part? i'd see lack of marth and another mother/earthbound character as bad, but the rest seem like fairly good ideas. sheik could die and the world would thank sakurai. dr kawasima is the ultimate wtf character (wiseguy's gotta go out on a limb sometime right?). and geno probably won't make it, especially if at least 3 of the other 4 third party characters make it. overall though, what makes it suck?
A part of me was hoping someone would ask me:)

1. No Marth
2. No second F-Zero character (this is not just the Pico fanboy in me talking, at this point I would be perfectly happy with Black Shadow)
3. Midna is still listed as a possible character when she will obviously be an AT
4. DR. KAWASHIMA!? WTF!? HAPPY MASK SALESMAN>GIANT HEAD!!!!
5. WOLF IS NOT AN ALT COSTUME! Every single image of that supposed Wolf outfit is tiny and blurry and could easily be just Fox's dark outfit.
6. I have a gut feeling Jiggs won't return. *Toot* On second thought that might be gas.
8. K.Rool should be playable no matter what the haters say.
9. I don't know much about Earthbound but there's probably something wrong there too.
10. Captain olimar is a stupid Honky.
11. I think the stage might be the only AC rep
12. Stop being a Simon fanboy and take him off the **** list already.

Numa, come on now. You've always thought his list sucked.
Yes but this one is his worst yet.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Have u ever heard of family guy if yes then u know the dog He should be in brawl
Yeah, I've watched quite a bit of Family Guy. Brian actually happens to be my favorite character on the show. The point is that he will never . . . ever . . . be in Smash. He won't be in Brawl, and he won't be in Smash Bros 86: Clash of the Nintendians.

That, and "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" is so old and stale that I'd rather scrape my knees on tobasco-covered lemon rocks than listen to it one more time.

zigzaghakr

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've watched quite a bit of Family Guy. Brian actually happens to be my favorite character on the show. The point is that he will never . . . ever . . . be in Smash. He won't be in Brawl, and he won't be in Smash Bros 86: Clash of the Nintendians.

That, and "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" is so old and stale that I'd rather scrape my knees on tobasco-covered lemon rocks than listen to it one more time.
Since u said that IT's peanut butter Jelly time

since i did a dedede photoshop next day he is confirmed mabye i should do a ridley one?
Yes u should do a ridley one, a luigi, a falco and a Mr.L

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
??? ridley is not real u do know that don't u
a friend of mine once said that about captain falcon. as soon as he finished the sentence, he was swiftly roundhouse-kicked in the face by none other than the captain.

every time you say ridley doesn't exist, a pokemon lives.

raul

Smash Lord
You can't even suggest that one character is better than the other. One day I said to a friend that Luigi sucks more than Dr. Mario and I woke up the next day with my house engulfed in green flames and a mustache drawn under my nose. Go figure, there were some pills for my headache left from a guy called "Dr. M"....

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
How does this mean there will be a Brain Age character? Theres also Wii shop channel music too...

Is it really that hard to understand that Touch Generations and the DS have competely separate icons?
I way I see it the Brain Age music, the Wii Music and the Picto Chat Stage all fall under the category of casual games - or Touch Generations. Since the actual TG sybol is the the words "Touch Generations" (not very subtle) they clearly went with a DS symbol instead.

All you people who think an icon confirms a character, why do you think that?

Because if something is going to have a stage (Like Pictochat) but doesn't fit into any of the other series they would likely just make an icon for it... thats all their is to it.

I mean look how easy it is to make an icon.
Maybe. But it is also possible that there is a character to represent casual games in general, which Pictochat is.

I know this thread has been here awhile but why is this called a prediction? I don't think a prediction is meant to be changed 20billion times. The thread creator just changes it whatever he seems fit when new characters appear. And he says things about the character status being "likely" and "probable" Anyone can just say "oh i think batman might make it but he might not just in case I told you so" A prediction should just say YES or NO.

Anyways it is a great list and makes for a good, realistic guide to see which characters might appear. But I would hardly call it a "prediction"
Wait. You DON'T think Batman is a shoe in?

The E for All and general demo tweaks you've made fit the list well - you've got a nice shaped list, especially with it being 40 on the character screen and not literally, though I'd ask about a few of the more questionable characters on here.
About a couple of things, miis could still work - imagine the mii character being prominent real life nintendo people (color changes swap between Miyamoto/Sakurai/whatever), maybe even make the main one Kawashima, with Brain Age type special moves. I'm actually liking this idea.
B-Up: Kawashima/Mii stays in place with invincible/no-flinch frames as he sets up a 1, 2, and 3 dot, to which he promptly sends himself.
That's actually all I can think of for a moveset, but a Mii of Kawashima with Brain Age/Training B-Moves and Wii Sports/Play type A-moves would be awesome to represent the touch generations.
Also, while there are some fair comparisons to be made between Earthbound/MOTHER and F-Zero (ie, both are genre series... WITH A TWIST!), ultimately, MOTHER is older and more popular with the creators of Smash Bros and Japan, as well as being the most continually relevant(compare hype around GX and MOTHER 3 - no comparison). I can easily see there being 2 or even 3 MOTHER reps while still having Captain Falcon being F-Zero's only one.
I love the idea of Mii in Brawl, and I think it will likely come down to Dr. K or the Mii for the casual/Touch Generations rep. I'd give the slight edge to the Doc, due to the fact that the Mii has already been revealed as an online icon (an odd way to reveal a PC).

As for Mother 3, I don't think there are that maany people hyped for the game outside Japan, just a realtively small group of really, really loyal fans. F-Zero fans also exist, but they aren't as vocal.

Unlike Nook, there is more than one AC Villager. Therefore, they can be in the stage background and there can still be one as a PC.

Being a real preson adds to Kawashima's WTF status, is doesn't himder him. I doubt that the real life dude cares that he can be zaped by Pikachu or punched by Mario in a game, in fact he might be honoured. Not that it matters, Nintendo owns the rights to the character.

Why not use a DS as a touch generations icon? And if it is meant to represent the hardware, why the Wii music?

Sakurai said over 2 years ago that we MIGHT see 2-3 additional 3rd party characters. Until he says form certain, the exact number is still unknown.

Quick note: I'm pretty sure his name is Kawashima, not Kawasima.
There is no "Si" in Japanese, only the letter "Shi". I don't know how they spell it in Brain Age, but if he's Japanese, his name is Kawashima. かわしま。
Thanks. I wasn't sure, cause I've seen it spelled both ways. I fix it ASAP.

A part of me was hoping someone would ask me:)

1. No Marth
2. No second F-Zero character (this is not just the Pico fanboy in me talking, at this point I would be perfectly happy with Black Shadow)
3. Midna is still listed as a possible character when she will obviously be an AT
4. DR. KAWASHIMA!? WTF!? HAPPY MASK SALESMAN>GIANT HEAD!!!!
5. WOLF IS NOT AN ALT COSTUME! Every single image of that supposed Wolf outfit is tiny and blurry and could easily be just Fox's dark outfit.
6. I have a gut feeling Jiggs won't return. *Toot* On second thought that might be gas.
8. K.Rool should be playable no matter what the haters say.
9. I don't know much about Earthbound but there's probably something wrong there too.
10. Captain olimar is a stupid Honky.
11. I think the stage might be the only AC rep
12. Stop being a Simon fanboy and take him off the **** list already.

Yes but this one is his worst yet.
1) Pfft. Old news.
2) HAPPY with Black Shadow? Really? How the mighty have fallen...
3) Obviously. :ohwell:
4) DId you not see his real life pic? He's much more than a floating head.
5) I agree that the pics don't show much, but a couple people AT the event said he looked like Wolf. A an odd choice, if he is in fact playable.
6) :laugh:
7) Huh? There is no number seven. Sorry to say this pal, but this list of criticisms sucks.
8) Meh. It could go either way. Definitely a boss or AT if not a PC.
9) "Probably"? Get off the fence, man.
10) You've made a powerful enemy today, Numa.... :mad:
11) Gutsy.
12) Hard to be a fanboy when I haven't played a Castelvania game. I just truly think he has excellent chances.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
3. Midna is still listed as a possible character when she will obviously be an AT.
Congratulations... You made me laugh.

You've won a brownie.

*Makes reference towards Code Monkeys*

since i did a dedede photoshop next day he is confirmed mabye i should do a ridley one?
You should do multiple ones...

Midna, Ridley, Luigi (with Mr. L alt.), Megaman, etc...

People love those things...even if they aren't real.

Elysium

Smash Lord
??? ridley is not real u do know that don't u
Know why they haven't been able to find the Loch Ness Monster? Cuz Ridley ate it.

Know why they haven't been able to find Bigfoot? Cuz Ridley ate him.

Know why Sheik isn't in Brawl? Cuz Ridley ate He/she/it/potato. (but then Link got swallowed on purpose and saved Zelda, while the memory of he/she/it/potato is lost in the bowels of Ridley forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) )

Know why Santa doesn't exist? Cuz Ridley ate him... and turned red because of the dye in the suit.

If you keep of these words of Blasphemy, then next line will start out as
Know why Zigzaghakr hasn't been on smash boards lately?

Ridley FTW!!!!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
12) Hard to be a fanboy when I haven't played a Castelvania game. I just truly think he has excellent chances.
Really? Man, I thought I had you pinned.
I thought surely the only reason you were so supportive of Belmont was your deep nostalgic love of SNES vampire killing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought surely the only reason you were so supportive of Belmont was your deep nostalgic love of SNES vampire killing.
Simon had a SNES game?

Elysium

Smash Lord
I never really like Simon(Google the Angry Nintendo Nerd and watch his video for Castlevania 2: Simons Quest), Richter was the bomb though.... but Alucard > Richter > Simon.
Wootah for Castlevania fanboys!!!

P.S Symphony of the Night was awesome, you guys have to admit that.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Sorry wiseguy but i lost all respect for your list when i saw Dr Kawashima.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Dear Wiseguy,

Your predictions and analysis really makes sense to me, on all levels. Even Dr. Kawashima, to some ridiculous extent, makes sense to me. I hope to one day make a similar thread to yours that gets scrutinization from the SSBB community, but until that day comes, I will continue to come back here and see what you have to say.

~Peace, Love, Empathy~
Vydran

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Truly. My support of Simon Belmont comes from his reputation and a gaming icon, that he would make an incredibly unique addition to the roster and the fact that is has a great chance of making the cut. I've never played a astelvaniz game before, although I've toyed with the idea of downloading Super Castelvanis on Virtual Console a few times...

Dear Wiseguy,

Your predictions and analysis really makes sense to me, on all levels. Even Dr. Kawashima, to some ridiculous extent, makes sense to me. I hope to one day make a similar thread to yours that gets scrutinization from the SSBB community, but until that day comes, I will continue to come back here and see what you have to say.

~Peace, Love, Empathy~
Vydran
Thanks dude, it's nice to hear some kind words.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I still think you seriously should just put in black shadow and claus or just claus , you now mother 3 has high popularity in japan right??? And claus did very well on the poll's and was mentioned 4 times in sakurai's journal (COUGH LIKE RIDLEY KRYSTAL DIDDY IKE COUGH)I mean the list is good and whatnot but seriously that's the only problem , you have kawashima and takamru on there + TWO FLIPPIN 3rd party's and yet there's still denial of claus's perfect space on the roster. Being as unique as he is and doing well on the poll's i don't even see the reason to not add him to the runner up selection of the roster <_<.
http://ikusaba.client.jp/ <- there's a site to get good pictures for him but beware it's in japanese.
And if you actually have to add black shadow while adding claus i don't see why not ? Mother 3 sold very well despite the fact it was on a dead system (GBAGBAGBA) And sakurai tends to have leaning interest towards mother 3 for inspiration so its truely ridiculous to not have him on there <_< ^_^ , other than that still good job with the list.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I still think you seriously should just put in black shadow and claus or just claus , you now mother 3 has high popularity in japan right??? And claus did very well on the poll's and was mentioned 4 times in sakurai's journal (COUGH LIKE RIDLEY KRYSTAL DIDDY IKE COUGH)I mean the list is good and whatnot but seriously that's the only problem , you have kawashima and takamru on there + TWO FLIPPIN 3rd party's and yet there's still denial of claus's perfect space on the roster. Being as unique as he is and doing well on the poll's i don't even see the reason to not add him to the runner up selection of the roster <_<.
http://ikusaba.client.jp/ <- there's a site to get good pictures for him but beware it's in japanese..
Except that Ridley, Krystal, Diddy and Ike are cooler than Claus. lol jk..... kinda.

1300, nice Wise. I aspire to be as cool as you. Less than 1000 to go. :laugh:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
http://ikusaba.client.jp/ <- there's a site to get good pictures for him but beware it's in japanese.
And if you actually have to add black shadow while adding claus i don't see why not ? Mother 3 sold very well despite the fact it was on a dead system (GBAGBAGBA) And sakurai tends to have leaning interest towards mother 3 for inspiration so its truely ridiculous to not have him on there <_< ^_^ , other than that still good job with the list.
But I can't stand Black Shadow. He's the suckiest, lamest villian in the history of the universe. I can't fathom how he could make the cut while the very awesome Saumerai Goroh was given the trophy treatment. But I do agree that if a second Mother character were to be added, Claus is the prime candidate.

That site is pretty rad to. Seeing Black Knight on a Japanese fan sire makes me regret removing him from my list...

Except that Ridley, Krystal, Diddy and Ike are cooler than Claus. lol jk..... kinda.

1300, nice Wise. I aspire to be as cool as you. Less than 1000 to go. :laugh:
It's true. It's the post count that makes the man. (Joking ;))

Top Bottom