• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaco

The Terminator
Click on the premium icon on top of the forums and you will see the pricing and you could send money via paypal.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
You don't know that double the people will join. The cost is low as it is.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
There is the monthly survey contest but it has been suspended recently and there is DWYP but entries are no longer allowed AND it might be cancelled.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's also the Write with your power contest in Creatiev Minds.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
I paid for a premium membership via paypal a couple days ago. (About time considering how much I love this place :)) But it hasn't activated, and it says it's supposed to activate immediately. Can I get some help here? Btw, I would've had an premium membership years ago, but I never had a paypal account until just last week. :p

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
If you pay via an e-check through paypal, it takes 4-5 days to clear the e-check. it should be activated within the next few days.
-gid

robyextreme

Smash Ace
I just purchased a membership for one month using paypal transfer and am wondering how long the process takes for me to become a premium member?

Yes I'm impatient. :p

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Well since I've browsed SWF for about three years now (and just now got around to registering...) I'm going to dish out 40 big ones for the 1 year premium membership when I get off work.

Got to give back to the community and all that shazzy stuff.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm about to sign up for the 1 year premium, but I have a question. After the year has passed does it just expire or is it an automatic renewal until you cancel like some other things?

Skywalker

Space Jump
You've been here for two days and you're already a premie.

Holy crap.

EDIT: Scratch that.

Justin

Smash Apprentice
You've been here for two days and you're already a premie.

Holy crap.

EDIT: Scratch that.
Haha yeah I wouldn't really consider myself new though. I have been lurking in the shadows and browsing these forums and using them for three years. I don't know why it took me so long to register...

Thino

Smash Master
sorry to be posting off-topic, but skywalker?! you live in michigan? NO WAI!!! ME TOO!!!

oh and i got a question:

how do i become a moderator? just curious. is there like a form or something that i gotta fill out or what?
weird I was gonna ask the exact same question

Marthmaster92

Smash Champion
Stuck between a parallel dimension of code and you
If your services as a moderator are required, no doubt you'll be told. ;)
i figured that smartypants. i was just wondering if there was another way i could. like if i could ask gideon himself, and if i had enough people who would vote for me as a moderator and stuff. 'cause i've reported a few people to gideon, but i've seen a ton of people breaking the rules, i just didn't feel like being a pest constantly bothering gideon with them, so i was trying to find out if i could become a moderator.

marthsword

Smash Ace
i figured that smartypants. i was just wondering if there was another way i could. like if i could ask gideon himself, and if i had enough people who would vote for me as a moderator and stuff. 'cause i've reported a few people to gideon, but i've seen a ton of people breaking the rules, i just didn't feel like being a pest constantly bothering gideon with them, so i was trying to find out if i could become a moderator.
...no offense but not that you will become one.

Does anyone think people care if you have a custom title or avatar? I want to know because that wil help me to decide if I should buy it.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
It depends sometimes your avatar can tell you a lot about how you play smash or your interests. An example: my avatar is a jigglypuff resting; I like to play jigglypuff and I know the practical uses of rest. Mcfox(currently): He has an avatar of a paras which has something to do with the Mcfox rangers.
A title can really help a person's opinion of you:
My opinions:
n00b: you know nothing of how to make great posts and you probably make posts and threads in the General Brawl disscussion room
Child: well you are getting somewhere
Journeyman: you probably have made some intelligent posts and usually hang out in a certain forum
Apprentice: You are probably a good poster/smash player
Lord: ?
Awesome: A great poster
Elite: A great smasher/smash poster
Need I go on? because I can't think of anything else.
Also, there is the access to the VIP room and the ability to make attachments, polls, having a larger PM mailbox, profile pic, and of course, No Ads! I would get it if I wasn't so young and that I am not usually not on the computers on school days.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
How do people get those Smash Awesome and Smash Elite titles? I don't think they are gotten the regular way but I'm just not sure. If they are out of my reach I may consider premium so I can make my own.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Just buy the premium membership, Marthsword. It helps keep the site running and Gideon appeased.

If you do become a premie, dont waste your avatar and title on something stupid.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How do people get those Smash Awesome and Smash Elite titles?
They're based on post counts, I think Smash awsome is from 500+ posts. Check the stickied FAQ in Meet and Greet, i think the list of all of them is there.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Just out of curiosity, is the Premie Room still dead? So yeah, I don't have any of the fancy accessories that Premium Members have anymore (besides my title).

I've had my custom title restored once and changed my avatar back to default.

Eorlingas still has his membership weeks past the day it ended. Lucky *******.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
They're based on post counts, I think Smash awsome is from 500+ posts. Check the stickied FAQ in Meet and Greet, i think the list of all of them is there.
Actually, I'm pretty sure Awesome and Elite go to members of the Back Room and Smash Back Room, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom