• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predictions for Tier List v4 (Includes overview of entire cast)

V

Smash Ace
There are alot characters who have to approach but are still considered good. Having to approach isn't bad. But, having to approach with low priority moves, low range, and laggy attacks can be a problem.
I agree. If approaching was a horrible thing than MK wouldn't be a good character with that definition. But when comparing Link to Falcon I with how bad both of them are I think Link's projectiles are better than Falcon's approaches. IDK, I guess it's a toss up of who's better between the two. Regardless, they both are pretty horrible characters.

I agree. If approaching was a horrible thing than MK wouldn't be a good character with that definition.
I actually have a pretty lengthly reply to this about brawls core mechanics to gameplay, but I think I'll save it for a guide I'm typing up.

To summarize what I was going to say is that approaching really does not mean a lot. It is nothing more than a mental strain on the person approaching. I can easily approach any character in brawl with ganon, the problem lies when I get into closequarters. Ganon can beat people pretty hard if he can bait them into running into him. But the only baiting he can do is stand there and look like sheep the wolfs want to eat up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lucario is easily better than Kirby. Kirby is overrated.

Browny

Smash Hater
im like 'wtf' isnt that obvious?

then i remember Kirby is actually higher on the tier list lol

Having kirby an entire tier high than Lucario was ridiculous, at the same time I think Lucario is considerably better than kirby such as to put him multiple spots above him, however who would be above kirby then? zss?

I think that could only work if it went like
S (MK/Snake)
A (5 characters here)
B (3-4 more, with lucario/ZSS rounding out the bottom of this tier)
C (Kirby on top... rest)

Im hesitant to drop kirby like that but it seems to be popular opinion around the place, and the rankings barely supports this... well see :/

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I phrased it bad.

I was looking specifically at DK's matchups not Marth's. I looked at every character above him and tried to find a matchup DK won 6:4 or so. He obviously didn't have any with the top tiers, so I went down the list. Marth, Kirby, IC's, etc. He clearly doesn't beat any of them 6:4. I was just trying to show people that yes, DK may be underrated, but looking at his matchups his placement makes a lot of sense.

My point was that it's hard to justify the rise of a character, in a spot like DK, when he doesn't even have a single 6:4 matchup in his favor against characters above him. I should have been more concise with my wording.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
DK's matchups are definitely not set in stone, so it's hard to say. Different regions metagames are vastly different. Looking at the Atlantic North metagame, you could certainly argue that DK beats Marth 6/4, for example.

That said, i'm not advocating a higher position on the tier list for DK, I just think it's hilarious how badly people are getting ***** by DK's advancing metagame. Everyone thinks they know how to fight the character.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I phrased it bad.

I was looking specifically at DK's matchups not Marth's. I looked at every character above him and tried to find a matchup DK won 6:4 or so. He obviously didn't have any with the top tiers, so I went down the list. Marth, Kirby, IC's, etc. He clearly doesn't beat any of them 6:4. I was just trying to show people that yes, DK may be underrated, but looking at his matchups his placement makes a lot of sense.

My point was that it's hard to justify the rise of a character, in a spot like DK, when he doesn't even have a single 6:4 matchup in his favor against characters above him. I should have been more concise with my wording.
No that was my fault I misunderstood. *hasn't slept well enough*

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Atlantic North also has the Dedede infinite removed on DK. That is a regional decision that affects his matchups. DK doing well against Marth, in that region, obviously is a regional aspect of their own metagame. I'm not arguing that he beats or does not beat Marth, but understanding regional aspects when it comes to this game is key in understanding the metagame as a whole.

His metagame is not advancing IMO, and if so by small amounts. He was underrated, and people are realizing they did not understand DK as well as before. He has no new AT's (Sure he has invincible Upb and a few other toys that are more recent than others, but that's considered already incorporated into the fabric of his character to a point where it's considered and understood enough to evaluate how much it benefits him.) With that said, I honestly think that almost every character currently above DK on the tier list has enough individual justification to stay ahead of him.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Didn't Cable just get through destroying a bunch of people as DK? It's somewhere in the TOurnament Results Board? And Will is on the rise as well.

Sure 2 events aren't enough to change the whole tier list and I don't think they ran into any D3's...

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Didn't Cable just get through destroying a bunch of people as DK? It's somewhere in the TOurnament Results Board? And Will is on the rise as well.

Sure 2 events aren't enough to change the whole tier list and I don't think they ran into any D3's...
I think the tournaments in their region ban D3's infinite.

Cable

Smash Lord
IMO Ii believe the DK and Diddy matchup is 55-45 in Diddys favor But!!!! it isnt that bad as ppl think its actually pretty easy to avoid bananas and diddys move etc i will post a video of me vs ADHD in friendlies it wasnt so serious but you will see how you can fight Diddy and avoids his bananas

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Pierce is in the SBR, so I guess he can't make his predictions anymore.

At the moment, it's probably something like this:

MK
Snake
Diddy
Falco
ICs
Marth
Wario
DDD

Wario has been disappointing lately and the consensus seems to be Marth has no bad matchups other than MK. Diddy has amazing potential but this doesn't always show in tournament results. ADHD has been placing well frequently, beating players like Ally. However, he also has placed 5th etc. So he's not consistent. ADHD is also the only really good Diddy.

DDD hasn't had good results at all, so I put him below Marth and Wario.

You guys should know the SBR starts the tier list project way before the release of the tier list, so it will probably be a rough analyses of the current metagame.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can still make his predictions. Unless he's done the math perfectly and viewed everything we've talked about word for word, he won't know exactly who will get what spot (same with the rest of us in the BBR).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I really like how the members of the SBR keep fluctuating... I was surprised whe Shaya suddenly spoke and he was a SBRoomer, then Jumpman spoke and he wasn't. I was like :eek:, but then I was like :confused:, and ended up like :bluejump: cuz I had too much sugar.

Fighting for tier positions... I could do that every day, but deep inside, I know that me and my friends consider Kirby high tier, and how I use him is what matters in the long run, not where he is. :lick:

Top Bottom