• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Predict SSB for Wii U's release date!

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Name is self explanatory:

I predict December 4th. Mark my words people!!!

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I'm hoping November. Realistically, it'd be late November to go with Black Friday, but who knows. This is Nintendo after all. Selling it any later than early December is a decision on thin ice in my opinion, since having a Sm4sh bundle out for Black Friday will probably throw out considerably more consoles than if they released it after. Also, selling it too close to or later than Christmas would mean a daunting blow to the Wii U, since although sales are important, increasing the overall Wii U player-base is a big deal, and increasing it really should be a goal to achieve at all costs.

Some of the upcoming titles may be enough to at least peg and catch up to XBone in a year or so, but if Nintendo plays any more bad cards, it's over; they need to be smart about this release.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The 21st of November would be perfect. But that damned Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire... I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to release both those games and Smash Wii U on the same day. Doing that will require people to choose.

I do think, though, that they'll want to get it out by Black Friday. Amiibo alone just screams Black Friday sales. So I'm going to guess... November 7th or 14th. Probably the 7th if I were to bet.

They could release in December but I think they'd be very foolish to do so. I wish Pokemon were coming out in December. That will sell ridiculously well regardless of Black Friday, whereas Smash might not as much.

If they were to release a bundle... $500 - $525 bundle. Comes with Wii U and 3DS XL with both versions of Smash preinstalled in both. BOOM. Instant christmas seller.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
November 21st would be the ideal release date IMO.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm hoping November. Realistically, it'd be late November to go with Black Friday, but who knows. This is Nintendo after all. Selling it any later than early December is a decision on thin ice in my opinion, since having a Sm4sh bundle out for Black Friday will probably throw out considerably more consoles than if they released it after. Also, selling it too close to or later than Christmas would mean a daunting blow to the Wii U, since although sales are important, increasing the overall Wii U player-base is a big deal, and increasing it really should be a goal to achieve at all costs.

Some of the upcoming titles may be enough to at least peg and catch up to XBone in a year or so, but if Nintendo plays any more bad cards, it's over; they need to be smart about this release.
More bad cards? Practically all 2014 Nintendo has been throwing clever advertisement after clever advertisement, campaigns, promotions, press conferences, smart marketing.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
More bad cards? Practically all 2014 Nintendo has been throwing clever advertisement after clever advertisement, campaigns, promotions, press conferences, smart marketing.
It's been working well within the community, but the issue is that they still haven't marketed well at all to the mothers of the target market. Thus a lot of the problem, and stuff.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
That's true, and I applaud what's been going on this year, but what's going on this year is a result sheer panic of a big hole that they dug for themselves through late 2012 ~ late 2013, where almost no noteworthy games (the indies don't count, they're cool, but they're not the AAA material people look for to get them to buy a whole new console) came out until the Wind Waker HD Bundle and Super Mario 3D World came out.

Remember, the efforts over the past year have been to just fill in that hole they've dug, now they need to solidify what they've been doing this year with more smart moves and marketing for late 2014 and into next year so that they can have a hope of catching up. As I said, if any more bad moves come up, they are in danger of falling back into that darkness.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Nintendo WILL make another mistake, going off of this year, they should do well, but I'm just speculating a possible route of "what if".

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That's true, and I applaud what's been going on this year, but what's going on this year is a result sheer panic of a big hole that they dug for themselves through late 2012 ~ late 2013, where almost no noteworthy games (the indies don't count, they're cool, but they're not the AAA material people look for to get them to buy a whole new console) came out until the Wind Waker HD Bundle and Super Mario 3D World came out.

Remember, the efforts over the past year have been to just fill in that hole they've dug, now they need to solidify what they've been doing this year with more smart moves and marketing for late 2014 and into next year so that they can have a hope of catching up. As I said, if any more bad moves come up, they are in danger of falling back into that darkness.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Nintendo WILL make another mistake, going off of this year, they should do well, but I'm just speculating a possible route of "what if".
2015 looks positively glorious when it comes to Wii U. I'm scared of not having enough cashmonies for all the stuff coming out.

I really hope the next Kid Icarus game is on Wii U. It's a travesty that Uprising was for 3DS... Nothing against the 3DS but that game could have been absolutely beautiful in HD. And I think the next one should be.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
2015 looks positively glorious when it comes to Wii U. I'm scared of not having enough cashmonies for all the stuff coming out.

I really hope the next Kid Icarus game is on Wii U. It's a travesty that Uprising was for 3DS... Nothing against the 3DS but that game could have been absolutely beautiful in HD. And I think the next one should be.
Yesyesyes so much, Kid Icarus for Wii U soooo much!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace

I agree, a new KI game would look amazing on the big screen and dusted up graphically.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for November 13th-20th worldwide. More likely though, is November something in Japan, and early December everywhere else. seriously though why would they release the game in Japan first, wouldn't that just get rid of potential business?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I predict March- June of 2015. They delayed the last one twice, and they're developing 2 simultaneously. I hope they don't delay it, but I'm betting they will.

Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party with that haha

Last edited:

laclo2

Smash Rookie
Either the 21st of November or before Christmas; there just seems to be no way that they would release this after Christmas,unless there was some serious game breaking bugs or something. Though it should come out before Christmas because of how much they could sell this game and the wii u considering of how much smash has grown over the years

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna say sometime around Black Friday at the earliest, mid-late December at the latest.

Top Bottom